• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Classic MMs (1 Viewer)

Druker

RedCents
11¢
Been looking at the raid level loot from these as well as some of the group level augs and clickies and lets face it, the stuff is NICE. That being said I wanted to find the fastest path to having those things. The following is what I've found so far.

1) It takes two people to get a task and the average level has to be 80+ However... Mercs count. So if you are 80 or higher, pop a merc and away you go.

2) I have personally soloed all 3 missions as a necro... I'm sure a mage could do also but necros rock, nuff said. The naggy and live guk missions take a bit of doing but the undead goes pretty quick (Rest the dead and Banish Undead ftw... be sure to turn pet taunts on)

Given these two things you can do all the missions each day solo earning 18 brews per day assuming you sell the chest loot back to the dwarf. That's a raid item every 3 days... so get yerself a pickup raid for naggy and vox and get to farming those brews, don't want that dwarf to get too sober =p

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps someone as much as it has me.

EDIT: Been getting some questions on best way to do King rooms in live guk and sol B so here's a basic strat for both of em using necro. Sol B Clear the trash in the area, make sure to get the 2 roamers and the one that runs between champ / king room before you start. now, put your pet on guard back by the crush trap. Target the kobold to the left of the priest (the one you can see as soon as you go through the fake wall). back up as far as you can and cast root on that kobold, you can cast it through the fake wall if you get in the right spot. As soon as you do this you should get agro on the advisor and the priest, run back towards your pet and FD before they both reach that hall. If you time the FD right you will have one or the other there alone, get your pet on it and stay FD until you lose agro on the other. Same deal for your next go, leave pet on guard but this time go tag the king. Same trick with the FD, you should get agro on King and Advisor. Get em down nad you can single pull the champ NP just nuke him, none of the other trash in his room will follow once you have the advisor dead.

Live Guk. This strat is basically the same as the Sol B one. Sit in the tunnel before the king room, take out the raomer when he comes by. Once this is done put your pet on guard right by the bend in the tunnel. Target the froggy king, root, and then strafe yourself behind the wall quickly, the shaman and tactician will have agro'd you and you don't want any spells to interfere with FD. Once behind that wall, hit FD and wait... be sure that before you send your pet the frog you're after is at least halfway down the hall towards you or your pet will get agro from the king and the two knights. Do not kill the king, even if you wind up with him single until you have the shaman and tactician dead. once those two are dead move up to the top ledge in king room, he sees invie but if you hug the wall you'll be fine. once you're up there and set (be sure to move your pet) root the king again, sometimes only one guard will agro, sometimes both, has to do with the mobs levels I suppose. Anyhow get one of em alone and put your pet on it, now FD until you lose agro from the king. repeat for the other knight and then you have the king alone, I suggest pulling him up onto the ledge or stairs just in case that roamer repops.

Last edited:
As I don't have boxes to load in to do it with that's the way that works for me... If you have something better then please, do tell =)

WARNING!

Don't spend too much effort farming this gear. It's all going to get nerfed soon.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683

I know there has been a lot of debate, often heated, on the subject of the rewards for the new classic monster missions. I'm not really going to touch on those discussions right now, except to say that the massive threads on the topic were certainly successful in bringing the issue to my attention. In this post, I just want to talk about game design and the serious issues these items cause and the steps that we need to take quickly to correct them.

The issue facing us as game designers about this gear is pretty simple. The gear is better than most items we plan to give to groupers at the top end of Underfoot. With some of those items it's possible that a group player may never see an item that good again in standard content.

Like it or not, a lot of folks are driven to do content to gain better gear. So players tend to move to where the best gear is that they can get. Once they get enough gear to go to the next better gear drop, they move there.

Simply put, if this gear remains as it is, non-raiders will have little motivation to do any of the content in Underfoot. They probably won't be motivated to do the next several expansions. If the best gear comes from the classic mission, that's where folks will go to advance.

The high reward versus risk in the monster missions encourages players to focus heavily on a shallow slice of what EverQuest has to offer. If grinding a monster mission for gear is the most efficient means of advancement, there will be less of a reason to explore and experience the world. Obviously, we would like players to see as much of the game as possible. It’s important to design to ensure all of our content has a niche.

So, we have no real choice but to make a change.

Unfortunately it will be a big change. All of the "raid" gear will be getting nerfed. I'll let one of the items guys explain in more detail. All I can tell you is that the gear will be very good group gear. It will not be raid-equivalent gear. This will be a change to the existing gear, so the items you already have will change.

Also, we'll be tweaking (lowering) the by-back prices on the items, and we'll be changing the raids to require at least 12 characters in the zone. The chests in the raids will not open unless you have 12 people in the zone. That means that 12 people will be getting the lockouts when they get their loot.

There really isn't a way that I can apologize enough for this. We obviously didn't do our homework on this one, and I'm sorry about that. But we just can't leave things as they are or the health of the game will suffer greatly.

We expect the changes to be in place for our next update in October. If you'd like to check out the changes to the gear, it should be on the Test server in a few days.

Alan "Absor" VanCouvering

Assistant Lead Designer - EverQuest

Strategy - Classic MMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back