• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Cheat ranking (probability to be banned)... (1 Viewer)

duexe

RedCents
I would love to see cheats rated on a probability to be banned scale. This would be awfully helpful to those who read this board.

For instance...

Ghost Plug in two weeks ago, rank 5 (out of 10). For everyone that reports getting banned for this, upgrade from 5 to 6, etc...

MQ2twist rank 3 (out of 10)

Quite frankly, I read this board so I know what cheats to avoid (I believe that SoE employees have the ability to read these threads). A ban ranking lets them know that we are on to them (an thus also protects the constituancy that frequent this very useful board).

Just my 2cp...

#1 reason /bad luck
#2 reason /stupidity ? (harsh, I know, but lets face it, the "excitement" of being able to do something you shouldn't gets in the way of better judgement sometimes)
#3 reason /petitions.. and
#4 reason /REALLY bad luck

All of the above reasons are interchangeable between 1 to 3, perhaps a combination of any 2 of the above would describe EVERY banning?

hmm, food for thought.... now, i'll just go back to soloing a God, while ghosting/warping AND then wear my new Qvic armor on my level 5 Beastlord...lol

I have seen 60% of a guild banned do to parsing on the server end (warping). Heck, I use MQ2 ALL THE TIME, on stormhammer even. But I know what abilities to use sparingly. Hell, I'm sure some GM's knew I was running it, but couldnt do anything about it because I made sure I did all of my hacks client side (nothing to parse server side). And yes, Ive even had full conversations with GM's while MQ2 was running. Been doing it for almost 3 years.

Some things are traceable, others are not. Your ability to be discovered for using a certain utility could be ranked because of this. Warping is one of them. There are different flavors of MQ2Warp out there. Cronic's version is not as vulnerable as the one listed on this site (just as an example).

As such, plug-in's could be ranked by their susceptability.

Stupidity=AFK macro exping/farming (yes even in instanced zones now). Stupidity=Ghosting a mob in a populated zone. Stupidity=using a known nerfed exploit.

Stupidity<>using drunken mode with MQ2moveutils. Stupidity<>macro exping/farming while not afk.

Luck plays a factor, but so does the discipline in not using MQ2 and exploits too much. Heh, I use this site as a guide of what to not use anymore. Not that these cheats arent totally kewl, but if I can read about em, so can the Dev's. I give a good cheat four days after its been posted before action is taken on SoE's side. Using it any longer then that=stupidity.

Cronic's Version...
MQ2CWarp
This one is a new take on the old concept of warping. It uses a method that is different from every other common plugin to accomplish the same goal. If SoE should attack any popular warp methods, this one would be your safest bet. Additionally, MQ2CWarp offers waypoint functionality, which gives you that ability to save your current location to be warped to later.

That, and the fact that the uncompiled codes is not open sourced, cronic's plug-in's are more secure.

One idea would be to have a thread that allows you to vote on the way you were banned. To track what people actually did without giving away who it was.

I believe the main reason is someone showing off, mixed with bad luck :)

As for cronic's plugin, I'm not really arguing that what he says isn't true...it's just I don't understand how a plugin that does the same thing can be less detectable than the real thing.

As for getting banned, I didn't show off anything. No one was ever in the zones I exploited. I never told anyone except people on these boards and that wasnt until after I was busted. No one could have known I was doing it and reported me.

darkeros said:
As for cronic's plugin, I'm not really arguing that what he says isn't true...it's just I don't understand how a plugin that does the same thing can be less detectable than the real thing.

As for getting banned, I didn't show off anything. No one was ever in the zones I exploited. I never told anyone except people on these boards and that wasnt until after I was busted. No one could have known I was doing it and reported me.

Not trying to sound demeaning but this is what may have got you banned.

darkeros said:
Two of my accounts were banned using this. Don't do it. Fair warning if you care about your accounts...which I obviously don't.

darkeros said:
really weak....i got fabled overking to 60% and its like his regen turned on...after that no matter how much damage i did it wouldnt go down and eventually started going up...sigh...

ok, i was banned, now i'm not. here is the response i got from my email (took them about a week)
Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Since this was done using an exploit with the geometry other than the use of a third party program, we have decided to release your account so you may once again play once ownership of the account has been verified. If you wish to verify account ownership please reply with the following information:

Station Name
Real Name
Birth Date
Zip Code
Email registered to the account
First and last four numbers of the credit card used to open the account
First and last four numbers of the credit card used to currently bill the account

Once you have verified ownership we will give you further instruction on how to regain access to your account. Please understand any further violations of our End User License Agreement and/or Play Nice Policies can result in action being taken against your account including permanent banning. Before you log in you may wish to review the changes to our policies at www.everquestlive.com to prevent any disruptions in the future.
As for what i told them (I was killing the king in chardok btw)
As for the explanation of the bug. There was a door near the entrance of Chardok upon which it would rise when opened and fall when closed. I noticed this bug when I was with a group because we were on our way to Chardok B, but we ended up fighting right under the door. I had shrunk the bard with my shaman mainly because I like running around small (a personal preference) and there were a few larger races in the group. Anyhow while fighting the door ended up closing on top of me and another person in the group, but it didn't push me out from under it like it did with the ranger in the group. I assume that it pushed me down under the floor, but I could still see as normal. When I tried to attack anything I would always get the messages "You cannot see your target." or "You are too far away to attack that." (or something similar, don't remember the exact message atm). Anyhow somebody in the group got me out. I'm not sure how, but I could interact with most of the world, just not the doors or the mobs. Since I wasn't doing any dps and the other players weren't getting my group songs I figured i'd try to play dots, which seemed to land.
I tried to duplicate this multiple times, but really I died 9 out of 10 times that I tried it on my own with the 3 characters that I normally play. I was about to give up when it finally worked again for my bard, so I had a friend of mine help me push me under the world with his characters and since he is ally in Chardok I asked if he wouldn't mind opening the doors for me as well. He did that and thats when I started attacking the king. After opening the last door for me he gated because he was going to bed. Thats when I started attacking the king.

To clarify the difference between my warping plugin and the others available -

Most every warp plugin calls MoveLocalPlayerToSafeCoords to move your character to the desired location. If SoE decided to alter the function to track usage of it, those who recorded 1000 calls in ten minutes would be owned. MQ2CWarp does not use this function, nor any other that could feasibly be monitored. In otherwords, unless they do delta checks on the server, my warp would succeed where others would fail.

My warp is safer in a hypothetical situation that could very well happen but, to my knowledge, has not yet.

cronic

I guess what I'm wanting to happen is better communication. Lessons learned, etc. From what I've been reading, many on this board have suffered perma-ban. It makes sense to let everyone know what plug-ins are being used, what exploits, etc.

We are sharing our tricks, we should share our faults also (gathers for a group hug). It could save someone else.

Hehe, the angel of death has passed over me fortunately. I use the 4 day rule (once a sploit or MQ2 strat is posted, u have 4 days to use it then stop). Hasnt failed me yet...

LOL I'm betting I'm the only one that pictures a group of armored knights getting in for a group hug while trying not to stab each other with their weapons :P

Cheat ranking (probability to be banned)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back