• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

calling a push out of context (1 Viewer)

grog

RedCents
how do you call an asm push out of context? (like say, for no particular reason, I wanted the message "you can't eat any more or you'll explode" to appear.)

grog said:
how do you call an asm push out of context? (like say, for no particular reason, I wanted the message "you can't eat any more or you'll explode" to appear.)

You can't inline asm in MQ2, you can write your own plugin and inline asm there. If you just want a message to appear straight from MQ2 commands then previous poster explained how.

odessa said:
You can't inline asm in MQ2, you can write your own plugin and inline asm there. If you just want a message to appear straight from MQ2 commands then previous poster explained how.
crappy, I guess I actually need to break out my rusty c++ skills =p

thanks

if you want to just replace a push with another push, use docrack, just change the offset to the same value of the push that you want.

grog said:
the thing I had in mind actually wasn't just a text message, it was just a convienent example of something to push =)

Umm what? I don't think you quite understand what's going on here. 'Something to push'? :)

odessa said:
Umm what? I don't think you quite understand what's going on here. 'Something to push'? :)
ok, ok, a push to use out of context, a subroutine to call out of context... same damn difference =p

thanks siddin, I hadn't thought of that.

grog said:
ok, ok, a push to use out of context, a subroutine to call out of context... same damn difference =p

thanks siddin, I hadn't thought of that.

What does push have to do with a subroutine??? What do you mean in this case to call a subroutine? In MQ2 you can call a subroutine by doing /call SubName.
What does out of context mean here?

calling a push out of context

Users who are viewing this thread

Back