• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Block NPC spells? (1 Viewer)

Garrethzgz said:
Do any know if its possible block detrimental spells from npcs?? like aes or procs??

Serverside. While you can write a plugin that lets you click off the effect of root, or snare, any DoT connected to the spell will still land and have the effects on you. Have tried this many times myself.

what would be cool is if you could write a plugin that would throw up a wall, and an #event "#*#begins to cast a spell" to triger it on and off. The wall would block the spell then drop so you could atk again lol.

Just a new idea i havent played with yet. Im about 99% sure that it wont work but who knows

Most new content isn't affected by walls. I say most, because there are alot of newer AE's that are NPC Hatelist based. You might be 2000 units away from the mob and you still get the AE cause you're on the hatelist. That would be rare, but quite possible.

The reason you can block Feratha's spell is because it's tagged as "Beneficial". Take a look here.

Putting up a wall wouldnt do much. The wall would be clientside only and the LoS is serverside. PLacing yourself on that very edge of LoS and non-LoS would work and moving that one pixel between the two at will would be possile and unnoticable. Warping to 10000 units away would also work although more noticable for group settings.

If its an AE and well timed, couldnt you just use the trigger to warp away then back to try and miss the effects landing.

Would work with a guild heavily using mq2, but with "closest users" it would be harder.

I am of the opinion 98% of EQ players use mq2 :)

Warping away is very hard to do (ive tried). it seems that the server still has you at you curent x,y,z loc for about a second before the server "catches up" to your curent loc. So you get hit. The only way ive found that it wont hit you is if you warp away before he actually casts. It takes timing but it works.

Block NPC spells?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back