• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Bards and Me.Casting.ID (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,994¢
This is more of a confirmation question, but I'm hoping there's a trick I'm unaware of. When a spell is cast, Me.Casting.ID() is only set while the spell is actually casting (i.e., the Cast window is displaying a countdown). For songs, Me.Casting.ID() always has a value as long as the song is still singing. This makes sense in that the song gems are shown as "unavailable" while the song is active. Is the Cast window the only way to distinguish between starting a song and the song playing? This is the technique RGMercs uses for songs (it looks at both Me.Casting.ID and the Cast window for spells).

mq.TLO.Me.BardSongPlaying() is the first thing to look at for whether a song is playing or not. Beyond that, you're probably looking at
mq.TLO.Me.CastTimeLeft() to determine what the spell is. If you're doing this because you want to swap instruments then you want
mq.TLO.Me.Casting.SongCap() and
mq.TLO.Me.Casting.Skill()

I'm specifically looking for something other than the Cast window display as a reliable way to determine if a Bard has finished starting a song. Me.CastTimeLeft() does provide a reasonable small number when checked during the song "cast". But once that time is completed, it's value changes to a fairly large number (e.g., 4294969780), though it also decreases over time. I suppose I could check if the value jumps that high as a delay condition trigger.

Question - Bards and Me.Casting.ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Back