• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bag in a BAg = Trade Items (1 Viewer)

soultaker

RedCents
60¢
Bag in a Bag = Trade No Drop Items

Ok I think this will allow you to trade no drop items with other players. It happened to me before the last patch and to be honest I forgot all about it. I am at work so someone will need to test this to see if it still works.

First you need MQ2 loaded and MQ2Docrack.

Second you need the BankatanyNPC Turned on in Docrack.

Now here is the trick. BankatanyNPC allows you to open the bank at at NPC when you right click on them. You can get out cash or put in cash with no problems. However if you try switchig out items you get them all placed back into your inventory and if its full they will be lost for good.

Here is what happened to me. I opened the Docrack Bank at a NPC. I placed several items and a bag with some no drop items in it in the bank. I then zoned and ended up going back to PoK. There I banked again and realized my items and the bag where no longer in the bank. Paniced I opend my inventiry and found the items in the first available slots in my bags.

Here is the kicker the bag with no drop items was also inside of a bag in the first open slot. Now the bag inside the bagged Right clicked as no drop because it had no drop items in it, BUT the Main bag it was in did not. What I am think is because the server will not you palce bags in bags, so the Main Bag did not reconize the other one in it thus not reconizing it had a no drop item in it. So I could then take the main bag and trade it or drop it.

I did not test this however at the time because I was so glad to get my items back that I thought I lost. I would also not recomend logging with said items in that state either, being that the server does not reconize bags in bags the 2nd bag would most likely poof!

Someone that can get into EQ atm please try and see if this will work.

remeber:

1. Mq2 and Docrack on
2. Docrack BankatanyNPC on
3. Bank at a NPC and place bag with tiems in it in bank
4. Have intire inventory filled with bags before leaving that zone
5. Zone
6. Go to a real bank
7. Check your inventory for your bag in a bag
8. Do Not try and Open the bag while it is in the bag or you will get kicked i think

*I would suggest testing this ith vendore bags and a Mod rod or soemthing*

Lets hope it will work

Last edited:
ok heres the problem... i turn on bankatanypc and then i right click on a guard to open bank... i get the msg 'Welcome to my bank, _____" but no bank window pops up... hmmm any ideas whats wrong?

Ok It seems BankAtNPC Docrack needs a new Offset. Cant get this one to work atm to see if this meathod will work. Can someone look into that so we can see if this meathod will work for Trading No Drop Items

Just use the docrack to put a bag inside a bag. It used to be listed on here, I believe, but has been lost through the patches.

has been lost through the patches

Key Phrase lol it has been lost. If that offset is recoverd or if the Bankatnpc is ever updated with one that will work We will be in buisness. ATM Bankatnpc does not work with the new offset I belive so not sure if this will be dead or not or if we just need to keep looking.

But if anyone finds the Bag in bag offset and can post it I am sure thats how people are tradeing no drop items to each other in game. :D At least I have a good feeling about it hehe.

bags in bags requires a plugin, if somebody can get me a guide to do detour code in a plugin i can make it for you

May work for a few but for most this still seems to be Nerfed....not sure why some can while others cant =/

Bag in a BAg = Trade Items

Users who are viewing this thread

Back