• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Anyway to loot without being near the body/chest? (1 Viewer)

Easy_Moder

RedCents
Pretty simple question. Seems like there might be something like this, since mq2hail works well. Although, its probably a bit more complex. Anyways, just a simple question. Looking for something that will /inspect, then /open, then /loot.

i dont believe so because the server would show you being 50 feet away, which means that X needs to be Zft from Y to loot it. the numbers dont add up, but i might be wrong.

There is a way but I don't know how it is done.
During the last fabled event I was in chardok scouting with my ally monk and found the fabled captain up. When I clicked him he was at 40% ish health and it dropped. He was not aggro just standing there slowly dieing. I did a / and there were three people in the zone. My monk, a necro, and a druid. (I had their names in my friends list but have changed comps since) I ooc'd "How are you doing that?" and of course got no response. At any rate I stand there and watch him die. A few seconds later the corpse poofs and the two gate out.
As a non programming idiot and a non Macro user I have no idea how they did it.
On the other hand I think I took a screen of it and the people in the zone at the time. If I saved the screen onto new comp I can ask them:P Course I highly doubt I get an answer:)

There used to be a way to kill and loot from across the zone. The killing has been fixed the last I heard. The looting is actually using warp. Warp/loot/warp back. Depending on location of trash mobs it is possible to get aggro and take hits when using this method. If you fade then wait a short time for trash to move away you should be ok. Since killing from a distance has been nerfed, looting from a distance is less important. If you are planning on stealing loot it is possible someone will see you and you can count on being banned shortly...

The looting did not "look" like it was a warp as there was no one there. I was looking at the body the entire time. On the other hand I suppose that the warp could have been below the floor or above it maybe.
Although it was pretty stupid to do that in front of someone, (especially after I let them know I could see it) I did not report the guys. Hell if I could have done that I would be wearing the fabled bp and legs:P

During Fabled there where alot of people "Ghosting" where you could kill with ranged attacks and spells and then you could loot while the server thought you where elsewhere in zone

Anyway to loot without being near the body/chest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back