• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Anyone got just warp working? (1 Viewer)

codecaster

RedCents
Does anyone have a gimped-out copy of MQ2 that at least has warp working? I'm doing this Slipgear's Gem quest and I need 2 more waypoints in the Hive and I have determined, after well over 40 deaths, that no amount of skill will allow any player in the game to get to these points without killing their way there. If you have this quest done and didn't get it in a group, you were simply lucky. lol :)

I'm gonna try one more time and just DA up and kamikazee the damn tunnel. /rude Sony.

-CodeCaster

(P.S. - No, the rogue shroud doesn't work, and neither does the smoke bomb AA. That AA flat out DOES NOT work so be aware. Must be bugged.)

No there is no half ass working MQ2 there are struct changes that need to be made and the only ones that know how to do that or care to are the MQ Devs. So like ive said before break out ure nintendo or dreamcast and deal with it :p We all are awaiting the changes but with every patch it gets delayed some more :eek: When there is a new source there will be posted compiles...so if u dont see any then there are none :p

I know I know.... Was just thinking since warp doesn't require any structs other than just the single SuccorFunc struct, someone could gimp us up a copy that only has that and docrack capability (which requires no structs at all) to get us by. :) - Hmmm... I might actually be able to do this myself :P

-CodeCaster

Yeah if you just comment out all the struct definitions except for the 1 or 2 that you need... In theory, it should work. :)

The structs in MQ2 just tell the scripting language where to look for values to fill the static veriables. Like ${Me.PctHPs} is just a member of a struct that points to a slot in memory that holds that information. Some of the structs also point to places where cursor position can be changed, keys can be pressed, etc. Since only one struct is required by the warp plugin (all it does is feed the client a new loc), it should be feasible to just get that one function working if we can find the location of that one struct, with regard to your current location. :)

-CodeCaster

Anyone got just warp working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back