• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Another side to (NOT) macoing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikiky

RedCents
71¢
Another side to (NOT) macroing

I am a bit scared to macro lately, due to the ease of which people find themselves banned, so I thought that I would do a little experimenting with the mission Devlin wrote that macro for:

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=12433

I took my group of 3 and had some fun, and discovered that I wasn't particularly fond of warping etc... so I found my little work around that doesn't require the running of the macro:

1. Sat one toon in front of the mission giver, not moving from there and used it to get the missions after opening the chest. Now, this toon has a hotbutton made up with the good old /taskremoveplayer soandso for each of the toons in the mission. The second toon was just there to make up numbers :)

2. The main toon just zoned in and out constantly doing the mission and opening the chest... here's the interesting thing that I discovered and it might be common knowledge, but I didn't know about it... I used my Lesson of the devoted as an experiment last night and discovered that if this toon went in solo, he got 14% per AA for each opening of the chest, entire time it took to zone in and open and zone out was about a minute... I did this for 30 min while i timed the Lesson timer, waiting for it to expire... 8 min per AA.. well after about 25 min and 3 AA, i quickly checked the timer and discovered that instead of the 5 minutes I thought I had left, I still had 20 min !!

It appears that the timer paused due to the extraordinary high amount of zoning in and out of the mission. So, I gained 7 AA in 50 min.. happy camper as we say here in Australia :) I then swapped the 2 toons around and did it all again with the other toon.

My evolving item also gained XP during this...w00t!!

So, nearly 8 AA in an hour... legitimately...no macros.. no mq2.... everyone is happy!! :drink :drink :drink

Last edited:
So did you modify the original macro to do jus tthe stuff in the instance? or no macro in the instance at all? What you said about useing a toon at the mission giver sounds really good though.

I didn't macro at all, even though I did try to modify it to just get the mission, but I found it a lot less nerve-wracking just to park the toon at the mission giver and get the mission the legit way.

That's just good old fashioned strategy. Which is also what I admire the most of a player. Make the most w/the least and win, that's a good feeling in eq. Just wanted to add that

Yep works great. Have got 4 AA in the last hour or so. Not ubber but beats lfg lol Would be cool to have a macro, that once the mission was accepted the toon at the zone in would pop in open the chest then zone out. And a macro on the toon at the mision giver that would get teh mission and then drop it once the chest was opened. But working great no macro.

Thats great to see something that can be done legitimatly, none-the-less when sony catches wind of something (simple) it will still get the all mightly nerf stick.

The chest is like right down from the zone in, and If you do get agro from something you can just zone out no biggy. Gets boreing though getting mission and dropping it on one toon and then zoneing in on the other lol. Guess macs have just made me lazy :). Also the 4 AA was with a guildy in there with me, was 3 of us at one time so its not a good example of how much you can get doing it.

Aye, I was getting around 14% with LOTD (7% normally) by just doing it single, with 2 toons, it worked out around 4.5%... lol, it gets super boring after the first 2 dozen times :)

Are you still gettign xp doing it this way? I was doing great for awhile then it stopped working.

Another side to (NOT) macoing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back