• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Alpha Level (vision) (1 Viewer)

cheeky monkey

RedCents
Hey all,
I searched the old posts first and didnt find anything.....so,
I have a request. I would like a mac or plugin that I can put on a hot key to instantly take the alpha level to zero %. (and another to do 100%) I have already remapped the alpha level up and down to different keys, but it still takes me pounding either key 20 times to bring it to zero or one hundred %.

Usage is obvious...entering PoK with multiple toons zoning at once from a port or a succor...yada,yada yada.

Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks,
Cheeky

I'm guessing you mean the Fade-to Transparency under Options, so..

Rich (BB code):
/notify OptionsWindow ODP_FadeToAlphaSlider newvalue # (0-255)

will change it directly, if my guess is correct, that is. It'll work whether the window is open or not.

You can set up an alias for it, or put it on the hotbutton directly. Something like

Rich (BB code):
/alias /noalpha /notify OptionsWindow ODP_FadeToAlphaSlider newvalue 0

to turn it off, and

Rich (BB code):
/alias /fullalpha /notify OptionsWindow ODP_FadeToAlphaSlider newvalue 255

to turn it back on.

not the fade to on the seperate windows....talking about how far you see in the world. I want to reduce lag fast when succoring 4 toons.
(alpha at zero will turn everything black and you only see like a couple feet around you)

Ah, you mean the clip plane. Same basic idea, just a different control needs changing:

Rich (BB code):
/notify OptionsWindow ODP_ClipPlaneSlider newvalue #

# would be 0 - 255, 0% to 100%.

You could even go farther than that and use a CFG file to automatically set the clip plane to 0 when you zone into PoKnowlede.

zoned.cfg - executed every time you zone
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Zone.ID}==202) 
{
    /notify OptionsWindow ODP_ClipPlaneSlider newvalue 0
} else {
    /notify OptionsWindow ODP_ClipPlaneSlider newvalue 100
}

Alpha Level (vision)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back