• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

3rd person view - want to zoom out a little farther? (1 Viewer)

So is there anything we can do to allow us to zoom out more than we can now?

*hint*
Rich (BB code):
// 4/30/2003 build      eqmule
typedef struct _CAMERAINFO {
/*0x00*/   DWORD Unknown0x00;
/*0x04*/   DWORD Unknown0x04;
/*0x08*/   BYTE Unknown0x08[0x8];
/*0x10*/   FLOAT Y;
/*0x14*/   FLOAT X;
/*0x18*/   FLOAT Z;
/*0x1c*/   FLOAT LightRadius;
/*0x20*/
} CAMERAINFO, *PCAMERAINFO;

Just type the following: /ics_maxcameradistance 10

It will increase your zoom out distance.

That command is for EQ2, not EQ. And 10 is the default, using /ics_maxcameradistance 20 would increase to max distance

- - - Updated - - -

This looks promising..

*hint*
Rich (BB code):
// 4/30/2003 build      eqmule
typedef struct _CAMERAINFO {
/*0x00*/   DWORD Unknown0x00;
/*0x04*/   DWORD Unknown0x04;
/*0x08*/   BYTE Unknown0x08[0x8];
/*0x10*/   FLOAT Y;
/*0x14*/   FLOAT X;
/*0x18*/   FLOAT Z;
/*0x1c*/   FLOAT LightRadius;
/*0x20*/
} CAMERAINFO, *PCAMERAINFO;

how.. where.. do you insert / execute this to change the camera commands?

you would access that structure through a plugin...
Rich (BB code):
CAMERAINFO.LightRadius = 20000;
that would change the light radius to 20000, because who doesn't want everything lite up like no tommarow...
if i were you i would look in the unknowns there to see if view distance is in there... then you could change your view distance... or if your really really really good at math you can just emulate your camera to be like your view distance of X...

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work like that. Notice the date on the structure? It was added in 2003, which is 13 years ago, and hasn't been changed since.

There are no references to this structure, so that means either it is unused or its usage is unknown. And its just that, a structure. It defines a layout in memory, but not where it is in memory. You need a pointer for that, and because there aren't any references to it in the source, nobody knows what this is for or how to use it.

you would access that structure through a plugin...
Rich (BB code):
CAMERAINFO.LightRadius = 20000;
that would change the light radius to 20000, because who doesn't want everything lite up like no tommarow...
if i were you i would look in the unknowns there to see if view distance is in there... then you could change your view distance... or if your really really really good at math you can just emulate your camera to be like your view distance of X...

That isn't valid code - it wouldn't compile. You would need something like this:
Rich (BB code):
CAMERAINFO* pCameraInfo = ???
pCameraInfo->LightRadius = 20000;

You're heading in the right direction, but without the address you can't do anything with it really.

Hope this helps.

See if this works

MQ2Camera

MQ2 plugin to manipulate the game's third person camera.

Currently this provides a distance option that lets you zoom the camera further away from your character.
Usage

/camera distance # [save] - Set a new maximum distance. Cannot be lower than the default max camera distance. (/camera distance 500)
/camera distance reset [save] - Reset the camera distance to the default
/camera info - show the current settings for the camera distance

If save is specified in a command, the value will be written to the INI file and automatically applied the next time the plugin is loaded.

This Plugin Needs An Update. I will try and post it tonight. Please do not use this if you downloaded.

Last edited:
brainiac, that struct i posted was from a mq2 compile from titanium since that is what i had open at the moment when responding to the post... yeah i don't know what the current structs for mq2 even look like at the moment... was just trying to give a hint to the fact that you would have to change the variable through a plugin, no in game command will do it...

i did do a tiny bit of testing on it and you are correct, one line of code would NEVER work... but for someone that doesn't know where to even look i did give a small point in the right direction, i WAS able to change the x y and z values on that struct on titanium and change where my camera was... was kinda playing around with the idea of mq2ghost for titanium that was a bit more passive than the old mq2ghost...

thank you maskoi for working on mq2camra... yes someone SERIOUSLY necro'd this post xD looks like i'm not the only one who likes to necro things...

3rd person view - want to zoom out a little farther?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back