• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Automatically setting MA and MT (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,006¢
I've had this issue for as long as I can remember, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is doing it.
Whenever I join a group, my driver is automatically set to MA and MT. For the most part, this is a good feature that does nothing negative. However, if I join a raid then I'll automatically be set as MA and MT for my group, and if it's unable to it will just spam attempts to do so forever. The only way I've been able to get this to stop is by turning off DanNet, but I don't think that it's DanNet doing it, but something else that uses DanNet.

I'm not really sure what information to share for this, but here is a list of all the plugins I have enabled:

PluginManager v190:
MQ2AASpend
MQ2AdvPath
MQ2AutoAccept
MQ2AutoBank
MQ2AutoClaim
MQ2AutoLogin
MQ2Bandolier
MQ2Boxr
MQ2BuffMe
MQ2Bzsrch
MQ2Camera
MQ2Chat
MQ2ChatWnd
MQ2Collectible
MQ2CustomBinds
MQ2CWTNBuffs
MQ2DanNet
MQ2EasyFind
MQ2Enchanter
MQ2EQBugFix
MQ2FeedMe
MQ2GroupInfo
MQ2Heals
MQ2HUD
MQ2HUDMove
MQ2ItemDisplay
MQ2Labels
MQ2LinkDB
MQ2Lua
MQ2Mage
MQ2Map
MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2Nav
MQ2Necro
MQ2PluginManager
MQ2PortalSetter
MQ2Posse
MQ2Rewards
MQ2Rez
MQ2Shaman
MQ2TargetInfo
MQ2Twist
MQ2Vendors
MQ2Wizard
MQ2XTarInfo

Please let me know if there's something else that needs to be shared. Just hopefully looking for a solution to this that doesn't involved turning off DanNet.

I've had this issue for as long as I can remember, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is doing it.
Whenever I join a group, my driver is automatically set to MA and MT. For the most part, this is a good feature that does nothing negative. However, if I join a raid then I'll automatically be set as MA and MT for my group, and if it's unable to it will just spam attempts to do so forever. The only way I've been able to get this to stop is by turning off DanNet, but I don't think that it's DanNet doing it, but something else that uses DanNet.

I'm not really sure what information to share for this, but here is a list of all the plugins I have enabled:

PluginManager v190:
MQ2AASpend
MQ2AdvPath
MQ2AutoAccept
MQ2AutoBank
MQ2AutoClaim
MQ2AutoLogin
MQ2Bandolier
MQ2Boxr
MQ2BuffMe
MQ2Bzsrch
MQ2Camera
MQ2Chat
MQ2ChatWnd
MQ2Collectible
MQ2CustomBinds
MQ2CWTNBuffs
MQ2DanNet
MQ2EasyFind
MQ2Enchanter
MQ2EQBugFix
MQ2FeedMe
MQ2GroupInfo
MQ2Heals
MQ2HUD
MQ2HUDMove
MQ2ItemDisplay
MQ2Labels
MQ2LinkDB
MQ2Lua
MQ2Mage
MQ2Map
MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2Nav
MQ2Necro
MQ2PluginManager
MQ2PortalSetter
MQ2Posse
MQ2Rewards
MQ2Rez
MQ2Shaman
MQ2TargetInfo
MQ2Twist
MQ2Vendors
MQ2Wizard
MQ2XTarInfo

Please let me know if there's something else that needs to be shared. Just hopefully looking for a solution to this that doesn't involved turning off DanNet.
Heya Juice!

I know mq2autogroup performs the MT/MA assignment but so can others depending on your settings but I do not see it in your posted list. Are you sure it's not that?

Normally actions taken by dannet are displayed in your mqconsole. Have you checked there for a message telling you what's happening?

Heya Juice!

I know mq2autogroup performs the MT/MA assignment but so can others depending on your settings but I do not see it in your posted list. Are you sure it's not that?

Normally actions taken by dannet are displayed in your mqconsole. Have you checked there for a message telling you what's happening?
Right, I assumed it was probably autogroup because it's like the only thing that seemed like it would be doing that, but the problem seemed to persist even after turning it off and did not stop until I unload DanNet. I actually didn't even have roles set-up in autogroup, it's just setup to invite.

I just keep getting a spam of /grouprole trying to set my main to tank and MA. The only output I see is dannet > grouprole set over and over. I know that's not the exact syntax, but hopefully that makes sense.

Right, I assumed it was probably autogroup because it's like the only thing that seemed like it would be doing that, but the problem seemed to persist even after turning it off and did not stop until I unload DanNet. I actually didn't even have roles set-up in autogroup, it's just setup to invite.

I just keep getting a spam of /grouprole trying to set my main to tank and MA. The only output I see is dannet > grouprole set over and over. I know that's not the exact syntax, but hopefully that makes sense.
If it were me, I would do the following to test the theory;

1) Copy my mq2AutoGroup.ini in my config directory and rename the copy to something you would remember as it being the original one
2) Delete the contents of the file until you have only (you may also be able to delete it and then up MQ from the launcher and have it recreate a fresh one, but I'm not positive about that)

INI:
[Settings]
Version=1.01
HandleMerc=1
NumberOfGroups=0

Then load up MQ/EQ and see if you have the same errors. Obviously, you would need to create your groups manually but it would allow you to test going in/out of a raid and see if that's your issue.

PluginManager v190:
MQ2AASpend
MQ2AdvPath
MQ2AutoAccept
MQ2AutoBank
MQ2AutoClaim
MQ2AutoLogin
MQ2Bandolier
MQ2Boxr
MQ2BuffMe
MQ2Bzsrch
MQ2Camera
MQ2Chat
MQ2ChatWnd
MQ2Collectible
MQ2CustomBinds
MQ2CWTNBuffs
MQ2DanNet
MQ2EasyFind
MQ2Enchanter
MQ2EQBugFix
MQ2FeedMe
MQ2GroupInfo
MQ2Heals
MQ2HUD
MQ2HUDMove
MQ2ItemDisplay
MQ2Labels
MQ2LinkDB
MQ2Lua
MQ2Mage
MQ2Map
MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2Nav
MQ2Necro
MQ2PluginManager
MQ2PortalSetter
MQ2Posse
MQ2Rewards
MQ2Rez
MQ2Shaman
MQ2TargetInfo
MQ2Twist
MQ2Vendors
MQ2Wizard
MQ2XTarInfo

Hi Juice,

Not sure if this is the problem, but I see that you have downloaded Grouper. If you are running Grouper it will automatically attempt to assign MA/MT roles if not set. I do not currently offer a way to disable this function in the Lua. I suggest that if you are joining a raid or grouping with anyone not on the same box you unload or pause Grouper.

Hi Juice,

Not sure if this is the problem, but I see that you have downloaded Grouper. If you are running Grouper it will automatically attempt to assign MA/MT roles if not set. I do not currently offer a way to disable this function in the Lua. I suggest that if you are joining a raid or grouping with anyone not on the same box you unload or pause Grouper.
BINGO!

I did not realize grouper did that and I've always had it passively loaded. Thank you very much for explaining that.

BINGO!

I did not realize grouper did that and I've always had it passively loaded. Thank you very much for explaining that.
Welcome, and sorry it caused you problems. Not using this as an excuse, but I at least mentioned this in the Commands page:
The MA will be indicated in green. The program will automatically assign the MA/MT role to the same person (if you have set one). If neither is set then it tries to find a tank(ish) character and assign them the role. This is a work in progress and feedback on role assignments would be welcome.
I haven't given this program much attention, but I really should address some of this grouping-unfriendly behavior. One option would be to disable role assignments when in a raid, or provide a toggle.

Problem - Automatically setting MA and MT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back