• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to Kissassist and need some help please. (1 Viewer)

zatxwoopyoax

RedCents
55¢
Okay I am running 4 level 100 toons... SK, Bard, Mage, Shaman and currently two healer mercs. I have gone through all the guides on the forums and have searched diligently on the forums before asking the following questions in relation to some problems I'm having with kissassist and various plugins. Your help is greatly appreciated.

First of all I have only activated the plugins required to run Kissassist.

Here are some of my problems.

Bard set to Puller- My bard in this set up is my puller and looter. He pulls great, but looting only works very intermittently. After a mob is dead he will run up to it, target it, and right before looting starts he then targets himself thus preventing the actual looting. Once a pile of unlooted corpses are in camp he ping pongs around to the various corpses and occasionally will loot an item, but for the most part he just ends up targeting himself. I thought it might just be a problem with the bard, but when I set the SK to Loot=1 he does the exact same behavior.

SK set to Tank- SK assists the Bard great. He will engage the mob, casts the first three dps spells I have him set to (demand for power, terror, agony), but he will not fire off any of his taps. He just chain casts Demand for Power over and over again. How do I set the first three hate spells to only be cast once? How do I get my tap spells to fire? I also noticed that he will not cast his AA Encroaching Darkness snare.

Shaman set to Assist - Shaman assists as he should and casts the first two spells I have set up.. Counterbias Slow and Talisman of the... but he will not cast any of his dots.

Mage set to Assist - He works perfectly, though he will not click his earring to shrink the pet... not a big deal.. just trying to puzzle out why he won't.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Bard set to Puller- My bard in this set up is my puller and looter. He pulls great, but looting only works very intermittently. After a mob is dead he will run up to it, target it, and right before looting starts he then targets himself thus preventing the actual looting. Once a pile of unlooted corpses are in camp he ping pongs around to the various corpses and occasionally will loot an item, but for the most part he just ends up targeting himself. I thought it might just be a problem with the bard, but when I set the SK to Loot=1 he does the exact same behavior.

This sounds like an issue with how you are setting roles when you start KA. Did you do /mac kissassist puller or is that in the INI? If it's in the INI, then are you targeting yourself or someone else when you type /mac kissassist? I'm guessing your problem is the SK is assisting the bard, therefore keeps him targeted, and the bard is assisting the SK, therefore he is trying to grab his target - which is the bard. Try having everyone assist the tank, and the bard can assist the Mage or Sham.

Also you should go ahead and set up some keys for /lootsell and /lootdestroy. Go ahead and loot the quest items and with it on your cursor, click /lootdestroy or /lootsell. this way your bard will loot everything on the corpse except any random gear/spell drops. Also make one that is /mac sellstuff. When you go to a vendor, click that one and it will sell anything you've marked for sale with the /lootsell key.

SK set to Tank- SK assists the Bard great. He will engage the mob, casts the first three dps spells I have him set to (demand for power, terror, agony), but he will not fire off any of his taps. He just chain casts Demand for Power over and over again. How do I set the first three hate spells to only be cast once? How do I get my tap spells to fire? I also noticed that he will not cast his AA Encroaching Darkness snare.

For this you likely have a typo in your INI file or you have some of the spells casting too closely together. in game to /kisscheck ftw and see if it throws any typos. If /kisscheck won't run, it's probably because you have several errors, so at that point you need to go through it manually. (This happened to a friend's toon and I had to manually fix part of it before kisscheck worked)

Shaman set to Assist - Shaman assists as he should and casts the first two spells I have set up.. Counterbias Slow and Talisman of the... but he will not cast any of his dots.

See above about SK... probably the same problem.

Mage set to Assist - He works perfectly, though he will not click his earring to shrink the pet... not a big deal.. just trying to puzzle out why he won't.

Make sure this clicky is in the PET area, not the BUFF area. Here is an example from my mage:
Rich (BB code):
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Shard of Earth
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Ethernere Stone Earring
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffs1=Petamorph Wand - Polar Bear
PetBuffs2=Burnout XI Rk. II
PetBuffs3=Iceflame Eminence Rk. II

This sounds like an issue with how you are setting roles when you start KA. Did you do /mac kissassist puller or is that in the INI? If it's in the INI, then are you targeting yourself or someone else when you type /mac kissassist? I'm guessing your problem is the SK is assisting the bard, therefore keeps him targeted, and the bard is assisting the SK, therefore he is trying to grab his target - which is the bard. Try having everyone assist the tank, and the bard can assist the Mage or Sham.

This is exactly what I was doing. /mac kissassist puller while the SK was targetted and have the ini set up for the bard as Roll=Puller I will try this change tonight.

Also you should go ahead and set up some keys for /lootsell and /lootdestroy. Go ahead and loot the quest items and with it on your cursor, click /lootdestroy or /lootsell. this way your bard will loot everything on the corpse except any random gear/spell drops. Also make one that is /mac sellstuff. When you go to a vendor, click that one and it will sell anything you've marked for sale with the /lootsell key.

Great tip. Will do this tonight

For this you likely have a typo in your INI file or you have some of the spells casting too closely together. in game to /kisscheck ftw and see if it throws any typos. If /kisscheck won't run, it's probably because you have several errors, so at that point you need to go through it manually. (This happened to a friend's toon and I had to manually fix part of it before kisscheck worked)

I'll bet this is my issue. A lot of the spells have ' in the name.. is there a certain way this needs to be formatted to work? But what about the Encroaching Darkness aa? Also if the spells are casting too closely together how do I change the casting interval? Also how do I get the debuff/hate spells to only cast once?

See above about SK... probably the same problem.

Make sure this clicky is in the PET area, not the BUFF area. Here is an example from my mage:
Rich (BB code):
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Shard of Earth
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Ethernere Stone Earring
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffs1=Petamorph Wand - Polar Bear
PetBuffs2=Burnout XI Rk. II
PetBuffs3=Iceflame Eminence Rk. II

I had the buff in the right spot.. but spelled the earring wrong.

Thanks so much for your help so far. I'll post up the ini's later tonight when I get home from work.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well after several hours of experimenting last night I was able to get all characters working in harmony. Thank you guys for your help... /kisscheck was a huge factor in fixing everything. You might want to add the /kisscheck tool to the beginners guide.

I do have a couple final questions to iron out all the bugs if you would be so kind as to help me out a bit more...

1.) How do I set up the buff from my SK epic 2.0? Does it go in the dps section? buff section? what is the format?

2.) I still can't get his spells to cast the way I want. I'd like for Torrent of Agony and Demand for Power to only cast once, but they seem to cast over and over and over again. How can I accomplish this?

Thank you again for your help.

Last edited:
1.) How do I set up the buff from my SK epic 2.0? Does it go in the dps section? buff section? what is the format?

I'm not sure, but if it is a buff clicky then it would go under the buffs. If it's a clicky dot or something, in the DPS section.

2.) I still can't get his spells to cast the way I want. I'd like for Torrent of Agony and Demand for Power to only cast once, but they seem to cast over and over and over again. How can I accomplish this?

You probably need to add |Once at the end of you DPS lines. Like:
Rich (BB code):
DPS1=Malosinete|99|Once

That means cast malo when the mob is 99% health, but only once.

Here is my SK's ini.

Spell casting still isn't working right... I get Demand for Power, Terror, and Torrent of Agony casting over and over again despite having |Once at the end of their line.... And Touch of Klonda Rk. II never casts.

Any ideas?

Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=7.1
Role=Pullertank
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=900
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=1
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Reprove Rk. II
Buffs2=Grelleth's Skin Rk. II
Buffs3=Falhotep's Covenant Rk. II
Buffs4=Shroud of the Darksworn Rk. II
Buffs5=Drape of the Fallen Rk. II
Buffs6=Signet of Blood
Buffs7=Piercing of Hate
Buffs8=Etched Gold Girdle
Buffs9=Soul Flay
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell=Gift of Mana Spell
[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=70
AE1=Explosion of Spite|2|mob
AE2=Explosion of Hatred|3|mob
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=4
DPS1=Demand for Power Rk. II|99|Once
DPS2=Terror of Poira Rk. II|90|Once
DPS3=Torrent of Agony Rk. II|98|Once
DPS4=Spear of Grelleth Rk. II|85
DPS5=Encroaching Darkness|50|Once
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Dire Insinuation Rk. II|70|tap
Heals2=Touch of Klonda Rk. II|80|tap
Heals3=Touch of Falsin Rk. II|90|tap
Heals4=Innoruuk's Dark Blessing|95|tap
Heals5=Ralstok's Bite Rk. II|99|tap
XTarHeal=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Minion of Grelleth Rk. II
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=0
PetBuffs1=NULL
PetBuffs2=NULL
PetBuffs3=NULL
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Demand for Power Rk. II
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=75
PullWait=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=1
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

Check your Melee file, I think u might have some stuff turned on there.

Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
bash=1
challengefor=0
enrage=1
facing=1
feigndeath=0
gblade=20
harmtouch=0
infuriate=1
melee=1
petassist=1
petrange=75
plugin=1
provoke1=34687
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1
resume=75
stickrange=75
taunt=1
withstand=20
version=6.030

Challengefor=0/1 is for Demand of Power, make sure it's off.

Also in your Kiss ini you should remove, cause it's handled in MQ2Melee

Rich (BB code):
Buffs1=Reprove Rk. II

Change
Rich (BB code):
DPS3=Torrent of Agony Rk. II|98|Once
to
Rich (BB code):
DPS3=Torrent of Agony Rk. II|95|Once

Thats all I can think of =)

Last edited:
zatxwoopyoax,

Here is a snippet of my ini that works for my 100th level SK:

Rich (BB code):
[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=50
AE1=Explosion of Spite|2|Me
AE2=Explosion of Hatred|3|Me
AE3=Visage of Death|4|Me
AE4=Fundament: First Spire of the Reavers|3|Me
AE5=Deflection Discipline|4|Me
AE6=Unholy Aura|5|Mob
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Demand for Power|100|Once
DPS2=Touch of Klonda|95
DPS3=Dire Stricture|95
DPS4=Surreptitious Blight|90
DPS5=Blood of Ralstok|85
DPS6=Vicious Bite of Chaos|80
DPS7=Spear of Grelleth|75
DPS8=Despairing Darkness|70
DPS9=Banestrike|65
DPS10=NULL

why is your dps interval set to 4? mine is set to 2.. not sure if that has anything to do with it.. but thats looking over my ini

No clue.. guess that is default, I didn't adjust it from time of creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my melee ini

Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
bash=1
challengefor=1
enrage=1
facing=1
feigndeath=30
harmtouch=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petassist=0
petrange=75
plugin=1
provoke1=34688
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1
resume=75
slam=1
stickbreak=1
stickrange=75
taunt=1
withstand=20
version=6.030

Hmm.. added a line 11 and 12 and they did not fire.

Rich (BB code):
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Bladed Song|100
DPS2=Song of Stone|99
DPS3=Banestrike|90
DPS4=Vainglorious Shout|98
DPS5=Blade of Vesagran|99
DPS6=Latent Etheric Breastplate of the Performer|95
DPS7=Dance of Blades|95
DPS8=Quick Time|90
DPS9=Fierce Eye|85
DPS10=Reflexive Retort Rk. II|80
DPS11=Funeral Dirge|97
DPS12=Cacophony|96

did you restart the macro after you saved it?

also you need more than 1% difference for them to fire off effectively..

like 99 95 92 89 and so on

Question - New to Kissassist and need some help please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back