• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Well 25 years later I'm back (1 Viewer)

RedCents
320¢
I played EQ on dial up as a teen but never got to raid....Just started up on Lazarus and will hit 60 tomorrow. Watched Dr legendary videos and was sent here to ask a million mq2 questions. My biggest question is, I'm using e3next I think... and it looks like there is a different flavor of mq2 here? Is there like a eli5 for mq2 learning? Anyways I'm stoked to 6 box and see what's happened since I was away. /Beg

Hi @Guyoncouch ,
Welcome to RedGuides! Yes, it is a unique version of MQ here. The RG one does not have active hacking such as warping. Constantly being updated, and includes many tools included with the subscription in the Level 2. Whether you play on Live or EMU, you'll find its superior to what you're using now. The other thing is the community help and information on the forums. Go and get yourself subbed for a month or a year and enjoy a brand new wonderful EQ. While you may have seen the Doc Legendary vids, you may also want to go back to the front page and watch the Tutorial; vids as well. Very helpful.
Welcome and hope you sub and enjoy it here.

Hi @Guyoncouch ,
Welcome to RedGuides! Yes, it is a unique version of MQ here. The RG one does not have active hacking such as warping. Constantly being updated, and includes many tools included with the subscription in the Level 2. Whether you play on Live or EMU, you'll find its superior to what you're using now. The other thing is the community help and information on the forums. Go and get yourself subbed for a month or a year and enjoy a brand new wonderful EQ. While you may have seen the Doc Legendary vids, you may also want to go back to the front page and watch the Tutorial; vids as well. Very helpful.
Awesome thanks!

Welcome to redguides ! I sent you a month of level 2 access using redcents. They are a token you can give to other users when they make a post or comment that gets your interest. You can also receive them from other users for comments or threads that get their interest. Also you receive them when you give them. A month of level 2 costs 50 cents you'' need to go to the store and purchase the access it wont happen automatically.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome to RedGuides and welcome back to EQ!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Welcome back! The return to EQ and it's nostalgia is real for many of us that played at launch. Guess you will now be Guyinchair :xd::xd::xd:

Hi @Guyoncouch ,
It’s not unique. It’s the standard release of MQ that you can find on the GitHub plus a library of plugins macros and scripts.

The biggest thing to know is that MQ2 was renamed to just MQ. E3next requires a custom build because it uses a custom plugin (mq2mono) which isn’t supported anywhere else, but you might be able to copy it over.

Welcome back @Guyoncouch. I came back to EQ a year or two ago after being away for about 20 years as well. You'll love boxing, although there is a slight learning curve. Make sure you check out the INI files in the Macros section at the top nav. Enjoy the crack that is EQ.

IRL - Well 25 years later I'm back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back