• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Thank you. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
608¢
This is my first ever post here, I usually lurk. It's how I play the game as well, I'm not an online social butterfly. I don't really want to go through the effort of meeting new people or trying to meet some strangers expectations, which is how I found myself stuck trying to box my group of 82sand 83s with garbage mercs 3 years ago. It's how I found RG, I needed a better way, you provided and continue to provide.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you, in light of what's been happening this week I decided to start browsing DB forums more often than looking for specific information on where to go, what to do in game to continue to progress. I have noticed that my time spent on DB forums, I struggle to get to the actual meat of what I'm looking for. Really the reason for this long ass post is because my God, their forums are full of cowboys (it is what it is!), really, really repressed angry individuals and a crap ton of 1 uppers and I did it with my lvl 110 so what's your excuse. Anyway, a lot of BS and not a lot of useful information. So again, thank you, my time spent on this site, what I have read, you're an actual community. If some one is struggling or misunderstanding, I have seen patience and guidance where as over at DB I just see flame wars and anger and snobbishness and a real dumpster fire.

So, again, sorry this is so long, I just had to take a step back and let you guys know I appreciate what you offer and thank you.

This is my first ever post here, I usually lurk. It's how I play the game as well, I'm not an online social butterfly. I don't really want to go through the effort of meeting new people or trying to meet some strangers expectations, which is how I found myself stuck trying to box my group of 82sand 83s with garbage mercs 3 years ago. It's how I found RG, I needed a better way, you provided and continue to provide.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you, in light of what's been happening this week I decided to start browsing DB forums more often than looking for specific information on where to go, what to do in game to continue to progress. I have noticed that my time spent on DB forums, I struggle to get to the actual meat of what I'm looking for. Really the reason for this long ass post is because my God, their forums are full of cowboys (it is what it is!), really, really repressed angry individuals and a crap ton of 1 uppers and I did it with my lvl 110 so what's your excuse. Anyway, a lot of BS and not a lot of useful information. So again, thank you, my time spent on this site, what I have read, you're an actual community. If some one is struggling or misunderstanding, I have seen patience and guidance where as over at DB I just see flame wars and anger and snobbishness and a real dumpster fire.

So, again, sorry this is so long, I just had to take a step back and let you guys know I appreciate what you offer and thank you.
Hi @shysigh !
Welcome out of the shadows lurker!! When I read your post, makes me smile, as I bet just like me, you and so many of us, we all got sick of the infighting, never ending whines and not wanting a LFG game to play the actual game. Your post is very welcome, and hope it inspires others to feel happy to post from the shadows also. Before I joined the fun here, I was a lurker at the DBG forums and it just depressed me, but I was such an addict, I kept reading there for news on EQ and couldn't help but want to know about new expansion info and such. The only times I was actually in game though was just to walk around Pok most of the year, and some Christmas/Halloween fun. I had no desire to want to try LFG or join a guild that was full of cliques or didn't want me anyway as I could not commit to raid times. This place gave me instantaneous smiles as I walked across my guild hall and had other group members walk over and buff each other, and I was brimming with smiles like Joker.

Thank you for the post and thank you to all that contribute in any fashion!!!

Last edited:
I.hope you post more often. That post has already earned you a spon on my favorites. Red Guides is a special place full of great information and better people!
I lurked on your post a while ago, how is rgmercs working out for you? I had tasted what mq2(class) was 3 years ago and I tried to go the route of rgmercs but it just wasn't the same or nearly as good. The mq2(class) play better than any player I had ever grouped with even in my prime. I completed icebound avatar of war tonight. It took over 4 hours of failing and sics mq2events were not triggering for me, I blame user error. I had to turn the lime green announcement to red and pay attention to duck lol.

I lurked on your post a while ago, how is rgmercs working out for you? I had tasted what mq2(class) was 3 years ago and I tried to go the route of rgmercs but it just wasn't the same or nearly as good. The mq2(class) play better than any player I had ever grouped with even in my prime. I completed icebound avatar of war tonight. It took over 4 hours of failing and sics mq2events were not triggering for me, I blame user error. I had to turn the lime green announcement to red and pay attention to duck lol.
Also, get /lua rgmercs if you haven't yet, so much better. Works better than expected for my bard.

Also, I didn't feel like it was the place to bring it up, but a lot of people lost a lot this week, time is valuable especially the older you get, I fully understand. A lot of people invested a lot and lost it all this week. Which is what took me to DB forums. The responses there from the "actual" player base were so upsetting to me that I had to tell you all how much I appreciate you. We've all been labeled as straight cheaters to them, they just completely disregarding a lot of our arguments. If it wasn't for RG, I'd be that log in and run around south ro and all my nostalgia zones guy. This game was always hard but it is so much worse when you're expected to group up and everyone is either an elitist or there's such a massive gap and you are expected to spend half your day /oocing for a group. Fuck that. I'd rather be my own group. RG allowed me to take my experience into my own hands. I paid the fees, figured that was it, get access and licenses and disregard the rest of it. Not the case. Found myself back on this site constantly looking up new things and reading, learning. Finding out what worked for people and what didn't. Almost always supportive and with step by step instructions and an option for follow up questions if a user is still confused or it's not working out.

Then there's day break games or whatever they are called now that hold a big part of my child hood in their hands and their forums are just full of what I explained earlier, information is so hard to gather about this game because no one documents it anymore or it's behind a pay wall (that doesn't work right, looking at you alla, I tried to give you money.). So I come here, sure as shit, I may not get exactly all the info I want but it usually leads me to a path of understanding.

Anyway. Blah blah blah, sorry again for a long post. I wasn't kidding, I appreciate you all. It pains me and blows my mind that we are all considered cheaters and yet you are all more supportive than that toxic landfill DB forums and their "real" player base. Those people fucking suck and they're exactly why I would rather play with myself. =P

The RGMercs Lua is good. Well a better version of RG but the plugins rule. I actually own them all. They are the way to go if you can afford it. I view this as my hobby I don't play golf so I'm willing to spend a little more than some folks. But I love this game and their is room here at Red Guides for you in whatever capacity you want to be here. If you are ever on FV and need anything at all send me a PM.

IRL - Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back