• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Guide - Necromancer 90 rotation (1 Viewer)

RedCents
346¢
Hi guys im actually playing a necro anyone can tell me wich rotation is optimal to play in party? If use pyre dot type the mod dies when do 2 or 3 ticks and cost a ton of mana. I imagine the fast dota are better but low a lot my DPS all sugestions welcome.

Ty all

Caveat, I'm a newb and this is my opinion.

I did the math a long time ago. Depending on group makeup and kill speed you can really just fall into 3 categories.

1. Fastest kill speed, <12s, mana drain for casters in group and maybe nuke with DD.
2. Medium kill speed, ~12s-24s, Mana drain, maybe debuff scent if necessary, 1 dot if > 90% hps, rest Nuke with DD.
3. Slow kill speed, ~24s+ per mob, Mana drain, debuff, 2-3 Dots if hps > 80%.

This is assuming you are doing the mez and park mobs. If you're killing a lot and not mez'ing, then start dotting things the tank isn't targeting and see if you can get agro. This skyrockets dps a lot if you spread the dot love around. Or tell your tank to start targeting different mobs and you can dot those > 80% hps and once 2 or 3 dots on a mob, switch targets.

Necros are really not meant for the 90+ era group game as a DPS class unless doing the target switching, mobs just don't last long enough. They are the ace in the hole for nameds when they explode, and then debuff/mana support when killing normal mobs.

Guide - Necromancer 90 rotation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back