• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Sic's Hotkeys

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

I know I read it somewhere but this is all like reading and ancient Alien language for me. I mean what is an "Alias"? Anyway I am running a mini raid of 15 toons with 3 groups doing Hunter in 2 Zones. How do I get the 2 groups in the same zone to follow my MA? All toons are using CWTN plugins. I know the answer is somewhere here but I am getting "dear in a headlight" after reading all 7 pages. I am also using eqbcs because I could never figure out how to get Dannet working(thats another issue for later).
Make sure they are all in raid and then set a raid MA. From the raid MA toon execute (assuming you are using dannet);

/cwtnr raidmode true
/cwtnr mode 2

Last edited:
As I said in the post I am not using Dannet but thank you for the reply/info

I’d suggest you take a trip over to the Dannet resource, and get dannet working. If you get stuck or have Dannet specific questions post in that discussion thread and I’m sure someone can help you sort it out.

Not using eqbc or dannet is stifling a good chunk of the power and quality of life features of MQ.

As I said in the post I am not using Dannet but thank you for the reply/info
Yup, my bad...reading 101 right??

Did you check to make sure the entries below were in your macroquest.ini?

INI:
[Aliases]
/cwtn=/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/noparse /bca //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

Darkwynd is right when it comes to using dannet, it's worth the time to get it working.

If you have all 3 groups in a raid already and the aliases above, you should be able to execute the /cwtna raidmode true and /cwtna mode 2 from one of the toons in the group and zone with the raid MA group or sending the command via /bct toonname

I’d suggest you take a trip over to the Dannet resource, and get dannet working. If you get stuck or have Dannet specific questions post in that discussion thread and I’m sure someone can help you sort it out.

Not using eqbc or dannet is stifling a good chunk of the power and quality of life features of MQ.
I am attempting this now, so far I think I have slightly grasped it. Can I close out the EQBCS window/server thingy once I have dannet working?

Hi crew,

I just returned to EQ after a 2 years stop and am trying to set up my old commands (thanks SIC) from eqbc to DAN.

I did use the command you wrote in your guide.

I found a first error that I had to correct (it was an incorrect alias definition in the ini file

/cwtn=/dgge //docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName} <---- \ was missing
/cwtna=/dgaa //docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName} <------ same
/cwtnr=/dgre /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/dgra /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnz=/dgze /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnza=/dgza /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

So I did correct it and the error from my "driver" was corrected (solved)

issue.....
on the 5 other toons in the group, I have the following error
couldn't parse //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

I restarted the PC to make sure the correction was loaded into memory

I'm more than probably missing something easy, but I can't figure out what it is

Can someone clean the shit I have in my eyes?

Tanks

We automatically make Dannet aliases if they don't exist. You don't need to create them.

If you're changing them to eqbc make sure to noparse and to use two forward slashes

Thanks Oldman66, this solves one of my problems.

I gained a level thanks to your PL, but now I'm struggling with the next issue.
it couldn't parse commands like
/pause on
and again thanks for the help

edit : It work on my driving toon but not on the group members

Last edited:
Guide - Sic's Hotkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back