• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - quick question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
269¢
So I've started on EQ again and I'm relearning everything I do have a question that I can't seem to figure out.

So I have my group and I want to pull to it how do I set that up properly? its working okay so far my tank picks up the mob etc the main issue I am having is when I tab to a new mob and try to mezz it my tank will instantly switch targets to my current target and break the mezz what in the lord's name am I doing wrong here?

welcome back! EQ and MQ always pulls us back. If you are able to provide what automation, what you expect to happen (youve touched on that) and what happens (youve touched on that), and we can get you a more focused reply.

He's asking if you use Kissassist, CWTN, RG Mercs, Mule Assist, or another form of automation macro or plugin to get your guys doing things.

Knowing what tool you're using helps us help you with the problem, as the solution will be different for each different toolkit.

So I've started on EQ again and I'm relearning everything I do have a question that I can't seem to figure out.

So I have my group and I want to pull to it how do I set that up properly? its working okay so far my tank picks up the mob etc the main issue I am having is when I tab to a new mob and try to mezz it my tank will instantly switch targets to my current target and break the mezz what in the lord's name am I doing wrong here?

No matter which automation you are using you need to ensure your tank is set as the main assist in game. Just right-click his name in the group window and chose Role > Main Assist. Your tank will then not follow the lead of your mezzer.

Looking back at this again, it's entirely possible you are your groups MA and your tank may be trying to follow the MA. Just a thought.

[edit]
Hah, BIG DADDY had the same thought and got it posted faster than I did.

Question - quick question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back