• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Our Small FV Guild Added A Chapter (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,645¢
On Project Lazarus. Caddylax will be leading there. Same chilled out vibe. Same real life first. Same comical name.
Contact Caddylax for Project Lazarus and of course me for FV.

So it's been a few years since I have played on laz. I ironically made my crew there in case such an incident happend. I will be around and figuring out their mq and doing epics few epics in the mean time. So it would be a great time to at least get some toons started up there. If anyone has any questions hit me up. Project laz server is an emulated server you will need to start a couple accounts on eqemulator.com . You can only make 3 account per day so will need two accounts to make 6 toons. After that go find the discord and they have instructions on how to install the game .

If you're trying to blame me for the bans and suspensions, that's your perrogative. You have to be cousin fucking crazy to even think that. But like I said, it's your perrogative
Not even what I said. Advertisement does not help matters. Its best for a discord conversation when you want to discuss it with members. Don't go off the rails man.

I actually agree. Talking about FV as openly as some users here do is an open-hand slap to the Devs at DPG. Hence why I've stated before I'm against the "open-use / MQ-friendly guild" advertisements. It comes off as a gigantic "look at us, what are you gonna do about it?!"

Not blaming you for the bans (obviously), but taking a standpoint of "everyone does it, therefore we should be fine openly talking about it / using it" is kinda meh.

I think part of the reason FV was targeted is because of how "open" MQ2 Usage is. Never see other servers openly advertising. FV shouldn't be an exception to that.

If you're trying to blame me for the bans and suspensions, that's your perrogative. You have to be cousin fucking crazy to even think that. But like I said, it's your perrogative
@RobRenfro its your fault! … what? He said to blame him

Go Red Card GIF by ElevenSportsBE

@RobRenfro its your fault! … what? He said to bl

Not even what I said. Advertisement does not help matters. Its best for a discord conversation when you want to discuss it with members. Don't go off the rails man.
Everyone on my Guild who got suspended or banned, got suspended or banned because we are cheaters. Period. It has nothing to do with me talking about a nameless guild on one server that got hit. To insinuate such is preposterous. And frankly offensive. I just don't have that much power. And I'm not advertising. But we are one of a kind and people change servers just to join us. I'm proud of that. We aren't like other guilds. That merits some talking about.

It's not your fault rob, hes just making a point that it may be beneficial for you and your guildies to lay low a little bit and try to not draw attention to you and your guild.

FV being the most populated server with free trade ruleset make it a hot server for anyone, not just boxers. It was likely always the one to get hit because the FTP accounts it nails will be mountainous. The Interesting thing here is with them opening transfers to mischief from all other TLPs that have been around for 1+ years, they might strike that server next since they'll beef up the population and hope it retains non-cheating players to offset the paying accts that will be banned.

I'm expecting a ton of server merges on the live side after this. Truth be told they've needed merges for awhile.

"everyone does it, therefore we should be fine openly talking about it / using it"

Typing in guild chat, Running AFK in open zones everywhere, adding strangers in groups to PL them and show off there "leet skills"
Running their raid 50 box army across open zones in front everyone. etc etc
This is what took it and put it on the radar so hard.
Not even trying to stay in the shadows just out there "Rocking with C*cks Out"
And no wonder why the hammer swung so hard and far reaching across the 2 servers FV all the way down to Test.
To many people knew the who was doing what and how it was all connected.

"everyone does it, therefore we should be fine openly talking about it / using it"

Typing in guild chat, Running AFK in open zones everywhere, adding strangers in groups to PL them and show off there "leet skills"
Running their raid 50 box army across open zones in front everyone. etc etc
This is what took it and put it on the radar so hard.
Not even trying to stay in the shadows just out there "Rocking with C*cks Out"
And no wonder why the hammer swung so hard and far reaching across the 2 servers FV all the way down to Test.
To many people knew the who was doing what and how it was all connected.
I got suspended 7 Days on each account for one toon using third party software. And I have the only 50 Box raid army in my guild. Which I don't use by the way.

But power leveling players from Red Guides who need it is something I've always done for my brethren here. And their new toons on FV. Had nothing to do with showing off Leet skills.

Can you name 5 People from this website in my guild? Send me a PM. Seriously if we rocks out with our cocks out unless you are a friend or member you don't know my Guild Name. So stop pretending like we broke into Watergate. This happened because it's against the ToS of Daybreak and it will happen again even if I never post again.

I actually agree. Talking about FV as openly as some users here do is an open-hand slap to the Devs at DPG. Hence why I've stated before I'm against the "open-use / MQ-friendly guild" advertisements. It comes off as a gigantic "look at us, what are you gonna do about it?!"

Not blaming you for the bans (obviously), but taking a standpoint of "everyone does it, therefore we should be fine openly talking about it / using it" is kinda meh.

I think part of the reason FV was targeted is because of how "open" MQ2 Usage is. Never see other servers openly advertising. FV shouldn't be an exception to that.
See this is a pretty clear case of me feeling like you don't fully understand my guild. I don't advertise. My guild which you claim I'm advertising but you don't even know the name of is really positive. I try to keep my main posts positive. Except for the music does anyone really like happy music?

I've never taken a standpoint of everyone does it let's just be open about it. Some of you guys are accusing me with less than you know of more than you think.

The server got hit, not just your guild. Cheating publicly is entirely different than cheating in private.

Show me some posts talking about other servers that openly. We all need to go back to the shadows; and this isn't the way to do it.

The server got hit, not just your guild. Cheating publicly is entirely different than cheating in private.

Show me some posts talking about other servers that openly. We all need to go back to the shadows; and this isn't the way to do it.
You think if we live in the shadows. If I stop helping people on FV this is never going to happen again. It will likely happen at least once again this year no matter what we do. And continue to happen. I don't agree with your position, but I understand it. I appreciate you saying advertising wasn't the correct word. Thank you. If you understood how different we were from other guilds you'd understand that is what I try to promote. See you can't mandate that kind of generosity but you can be proud of it. What you see people do for their guildmates and others I am proud of. And there is another guild here that boast of having over 3000 members. I don't want to get in a guild pissing match but we don't have traditional power structure, we check on players as people in real life first. We look after each other as best we can from behind PC screens. That's something to be proud of. And I'm very proud. Read that helping on FV thread a few guilds are represented. I am grateful to Red Guides this place gave me a home. If tomorrow I was asked by moderators to stop posting about my guild I'd probably start a website for the guild. But I would respect their wishes. Again I ask you if you aren't a friend or a guildmate you don't know The guild name and noone could name 5 members. SO in fairness besides offending your sensibilities what am I really doing wrong here?

No the point is as clear as could be you missed the other guild postings and focused on mine. You think we should be in the shadows, I don't think it matters, I think waves of suspensions and bans are going to come no matter what. You can't name 5 people in my guild you don't know the name of my guild how does that make it different than any guild say on Rathe? Would you be surprised to know some of the predecessor names came from Rathe? The one guy who really gets it is Hackzimas. Like he said hit the largest server take out the most FTP accounts using tools and that's what they did. He even seems to have a keen understanding of what they might do next. What they will do for sure is send out another wave of bans and suspensions. Regardless of what I do. And what I like to think I do is help. at least that is what I try to do. You may not like how I do it or how I talk about the people so passionately who do it alongside me. Everyone won't. But don't blame me that's nonsense.
And An_Image that dude is sitting back laughing.

Last edited:
Was not attacking you personally, but if you think i was i cant help it.
I merely was saying on FV and Test the whole server knew which guilds were "MQ guilds"
I am not naming character names guild names but it was well known server wide who the
main guilds and players were.
So when you are out there in the open what did you think was going to happen?
It easy to get caught when you not even trying to hide anything.......
I did not get hit but i "Cheated" I interacted made transactions with people on FV who did
So i parked my toons and walked away.
I will not log them in again probably because with this mentality in the community the bans wont stop.

When you advertise you bring unwanted attention, anyone can get a RG account if you don't think DPG doesn't have someone lurking IDK what to tell ya. Ive always been of the thinking don't advertise mqing and dont advertise your MQ guild in a public place. I am not pointing fingers at anyone just my 2 cents.

im sorry i have just read this entire post and all i can say is this,,,from this point on if you use mq2 you will be banned you will be suspended, they now without doubt know how to track us which tbh they probably already did. but now something has changed they are not worried about what we or the larger community think they will continue to hit hard and hit fast every account the catch. they have no choice they have now commited thierselfs to a road that there can be no u turns from.

You guys are scared and that’s understandable but you were cheating before the ban and you’re probably already using mq again. We all know the risks and it’s well worth it or we wouldn’t be here.

Some people lost too much but if they have an inclination to restart a helping hand from the community wouldn’t be bad which is what rob always offers.

My 2 cents

It's not about being "scared". It's about how dumb it is to think that because you're ok with doing something that's against the rules, it's also ok to be completely open about it with everyone else. Using the excuse of "well it's cheating, you're gonna get banned either way, so fuck it; I'll be as open as I want to be about it." is what gives MQ2 Users a bad reputation regardless of how much you think you're "helping" other people. Again, I think how open MQ2 usage became on FV is exactly why it was targeted.

No one cares about your guild, or its name.

No one cares about your guild members, or their names.

No one cares about the other guilds, or their names.

People don't want any additional attention brought to the SERVER. The quieter the better. IE: Quit talking about FV as if it's some safe place to come and use MQ2. It's obviously not.

Honestly the ban hammer does scare me from playing much. That being said, none of this is safe. If you are going to use mq, you probably should set yourself up with a whole host of toons in a position to powerlevel new groups when some get hit with the suspension/bans. This isn't the most fun way to play. It's too bad there isn't a way to just stay in the shadows.

It all boils down if you want to mq and eq but don't want to deal with dpg. Your only safe bet is to play emu server. There is a few years worth of content to do at project laz. With basic rules no afk and one group out fighting. I will be around if anyone is interested .

"helping hand from the community wouldn’t be bad"

That just it in a nutshell

The helping hand was not just limited to the community
People were openly talking in guilds where to go to get PL services
People were not in the community who were buying RC's off FV on test.
I know people who were steering people here to get MQ, when asked in
game what program they were using they were just flat out telling them
in guild chat.
You can not just build a big guild and group together and build a MQ
guild and "fly under the radar"
FV and Test got to big for their britches and got spanked hard for it.
If the whole server knows your guild is a MQ guild and your all bunched
together raiding and knocking down content that "legitimate" guilds can
not do? Ya you gonna get the BAN HAMMER out swinging.
Why does everyone got to be in same guild?
Why not just sit quietly in shadows and work together through this site
and Discord and coordinate quietly.
No everyone got cocky kept getting Bolder and more greedy and poked
the powers that be.
Stop talking in game, do not "help people" if they do not have MQ and
running it you should not even think of helping them. And then only talking
to them once you know who they are from here on this site. Use Discord!
Why did i choose to say all this on this thread?
Where did all the new people Rob gave all red cents to get them started come from? How did they end up here?
We seen the "New Members coming to the site"
They came from TEST and FV talking in game to people thats where.
People are talking about MQ in game, and that is not a good thing for the community.

Well using discord. being anonymous and not interacting with the non-mq community are probably good tips. But there is no way that this is the fault of a few people.

That's why we said no one's directly blaming him. It's the entire attitude that needs to change, and posts like his do not help that adjustment.

Its not just a few people
Its blatantly disregarding what everyone kept saying was going to happen.
AND it happened.
You can not interact with "the server" openly
You can not build a MQ guild and think you are not going to get noticed.
The only way to run MQ is being discreet. You do not want to be noticed.

DBG had to come out swinging. They had to hit hard and send a message.
Both of these servers HAD MQ guilds, both these servers were adding more
and more MQ players logging in and I saw the MQ community growing on
both.
There is no denying it does not effect the server when you go into a zone in
the new expansion and low and behold there is a afk 6 box crew sitting there
pulling away at a camp for hours on end.
Or the camp fires set all over and you can see the grind crews popping in and out.
If your whole guild is running around 6 boxing everywhere with the same guild tags
above there heads do you do not think the server does not know it?
It just was not FV and Rob's guild its FV and TEST both thinking to hell with DBG we going to run around
and thumb our nose at everyone we are going BOX and run MQ, to hell with it. We going to make
a MQ guild where we can talk and help each other.
Well you made DBG have to come out swinging because the 'Legitimate Players" complained!
They do not like you boxing and they do not like a whole guild of MQ players doing what they cant.
Its that simple, YOU CAN NOT have a MQ guild and have "Happy MQ Friendly Guild" it wont work.
The legitmate player base will snitch you off and then DBG is gonna come and slap the shit out everyone.

I'm not on FV so I don't have first hand experience but the ban waves nearly always come because MQ/automation/hacks whatever become so pervasive they reach a point where daybreak has to address it.

Some of the comments I've seen say you can't have a "happy MQ friend guild" and I think you absolutely can, but, you shouldn't advertise that fact in game. Spin up a discord server and invite your MQ friends and talk there.

The entire MQ community should "cheat smarter". Avoid the shit that other players dislike:
- AFK XP'ing
- KS'ing names
- Selling PL's , gear, raid loot, etc.

If you are on a server where that is rampant (most? all?) then expect to get caught up in the script they use to hand out the suspensions/bans.

News - Our Small FV Guild Added A Chapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back