• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Food & Drink on your boxes? (1 Viewer)

Do you guys buy food&drink to get rid of the You are Hungry/thirsty spam?

If so how do you keep them stocked up? With what?

I don't even bother... they stay hungry and thirsty! The only times that bites me in the ass is when I loot something that's food that I actually need for something like a quest or a task. I about died when I realized the food you pick up from the feast in one of the TDS flagging missions could be eaten by your toon. I went to do the turnin on five toons and realized I had to do it all over again. That sucked lol.

Also, that's the last time I had real food on the toons.

I use Merchants feast/brew on all my toons. That's something like 150ac and 450 h/m/e and some resist/stats. Except for my main account, I devote one 20 slot bag to holding the Merchant feast/brew at top and then 200 flask of water and 160 iron rations.

/eqbc //mac buyfood in my guildhall and all my toons move to a merchant and buys drink/food till they have 200 water and 160 food. Plugin to force feed and drink so they never eat or drink the stats stuff.

have mages with cauldrons, lotsa apple crisps and tea, just set up a downshit to click it when its available

I let them starve!! Unless I'm working baking on another toon and then I fill them up with whatever I was making.

I use the marketplace cookie dispenser and warm milk or spiced iced tea dispenser on some, my shaman was summoning his own but now I've started using mq2melee and ninjadvloot to forage.

Set the food/water to quest in ninja so you don't forage a truckload and use up all your inventory space

have mages with cauldrons, lotsa apple crisps and tea, just set up a downshit to click it when its available

Rich (BB code):
downshit15=/if (${Cast.Ready[Cauldron of Countless Goods]}) /multiline ; /useitem "Cauldron of Countless Goods" ; /delay 11s ; /autoinventory ; /echo ** SHITS Cauldron

I turned on MQ2Melee Forage, between the cauldron and forage everyone is taken care of.

Caveat on the cauldron, I think there is a limit, a number of uses, before it wigs out. It will eventually stop being usable even though it returns Cast.Ready. Iirc it happens less than 24 hours so I had got in the habit of relogging my mages daily.

Set the food/water to quest in ninja so you don't forage a truckload and use up all your inventory space

Yep, I set the forage items Quest|40.

I use Merchants feast/brew on all my toons. That's something like 150ac and 450 h/m/e and some resist/stats. Except for my main account, I devote one 20 slot bag to holding the Merchant feast/brew at top and then 200 flask of water and 160 iron rations.

/eqbc //mac buyfood in my guildhall and all my toons move to a merchant and buys drink/food till they have 200 water and 160 food. Plugin to force feed and drink so they never eat or drink the stats stuff.

I'm not familiar with this plugin. Can you elaborate on it and how to set it up?

Is there a way to hide the spam?

If you are referring to my shits, and the msg it generates, you can remove the echo statement. But realize, if it is "spamming" then you have prolly reached that usage limit I mentioned and need to relog (otherwise you will only see the msg once in what 30 minutes?).

The plugin creates an INI. In it you can list what food/drink, and in what order you want the plugin to force feed your toon. You can also set the threshold at which the plugin starts force feeding (the default I believe is 5000)

sample INI

Rich (BB code):
[Drink]
Drink1=Brackish Water
Drink2=Glob of Slush Water
Drink3=Pod of Water
Drink4=Water Flask
Drink5=Water of Eternity

[Food]
Food1=Arctic King Crab
Food2=Arctic Mussels
Food3=Arctic Scallop
Food4=Basilisk Eggs
Food5=Berries
Food6=Brasha Berries
Food7=Cactus Pulp
Food8=Chameleon Rat
Food9=Cobalt Rock Crab
Food10=Cockatrice Egg
Food11=Emerald Orange
Food12=Frontier Stink Beetles
Food13=Frost Turnip
Food14=Fruit
Food15=Ginseng
Food16=Green Radish
Food17=Griffon Eggs
Food18=Habanero Pepper
Food19=Handful of Tea Twigs and Leaves
Food20=Hermit Crab
Food21=Honey Berry
Food22=Lichen Roots
Food23=Mint
Food24=Moldy Tea Leaf
Food25=Mud Crabs
Food26=Mushroom
Food27=Nifilik Egg
Food28=Phoenix Egg
Food29=Rabbit Meat

[JoeBloe]
autodrink=3500
autofeed=3500

Last edited:
On lockjaw I buy qeynos tea and misty thicket picnics for my main. Everyone else gets ping fizzle drink and grapes

For 200 total DBG cash (100 for each item) you can buy a turkey dispenser and a tea dispenser and just have KISS summon you replacements. I just got it for most of my toons, and like the change.

Nice got these today.
Turkey dispenser is listed as Endless Turkey

Yea, the food they dispense isn't crazy awesome, but 75 hps and some minor stats isn't bad. It also keeps the annoying hungry spam to a minimum.

Mana regen and I suspect endurance and hp as well are a "bit" faster when fed.
I haven't had much time to look at it, but when I do I will be able to show real numbers.

On the raiding toons Planar Donuts or Merchants Feast/Brew.
There are several items in the marketplace that summon food/drink with stats. Everlasting Chocolate Bar... Spiced Tea Dispenser...
During the anniversary events there is a mission that drops a summoning item for stat food and one for stat drink.
On progression servers Fish Rolls are the bomb for food and Ping Fizzlecutter's Formula 10000 or whatever from the gnome out in the newbie area of Freeport. No stats, but they last a long time.
Make Fish Rolls out of Bat Wings and Fresh Fish... 135 Baking trivial. Both vendor bought and cheap.

The Shard's Landing merchant sells food and drink for 0. Free Hot chocolate and free food.

Question - Food & Drink on your boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back