• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Bizarre Log in problem (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
I run 17 accounts. for the past 2 weeks or so, when I sign in I select "remember me on this computer" and go to sign in, it then prompts me to "agree" to the EULA then allows me to hit play. Even though I always select remember me, my account sometimes does not show up in my list of accounts to select. So again, I have to log in manually with account name and password, then on to "agree" to the EULA and on to Play button. Even if the account I want to log in is in the list, I still have to agree to the EULA before I can hit the play button. WTF? Anyone seen this? It's getting annoying. Thanks

Question, why are you using Launchpad to play 17 accounts when there is MQ2Autologin? You should only run Launcher once whenever EQ updates client and that is it.

http://www.redguides.com/community/...he-Patchme-command-to-bypass-the-SOE-Launcher

Combined with a Windows .bat batch file you can stagger the loading of accounts. I have a simple .bat that accepts two command line arguments: how many accounts to load and how much time should the .bat file wait between each load.

Here's a guide for WinEQ http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/27817-MQ2Autologin-Guide?highlight=batch+file but I do not find it useful if more than 8 boxing.

Definitely switch off of the launcher. IDK if I am the only person who gets an insane amount of bugs from the launcher, but I know the bug you're talking about. When you have too many accounts loaded into the launcher, sometimes it fails to remember them and then it starts not working at all until you have less than a certain number of accounts.

I used to use the launcher to log in/out of my traders but eventually the launcher wouldn't let me hit "play" if it had more than 4 accounts saved in the drop down. I would literally have to delete an account each time I wanted to load up a different trader that wasn't already saved. It was a total nightmare.

http://isboxer.com/

Highly recommended. It's the best program ever for boxing (aside from our beloved MQ2). I could deprive you of food for a week and it would be more merciful than depriving you of being able to use Isboxer.

I am constantly logging in and out due to having many barters/traders on. That is why I continue to use launcher. I didn't know that there was a maximum number of accounts that launcher would remember. Sometime I just log in my Buyer, other times I log in several traders to reload etc. Will either of these allow me to log in one, a few or many different accounts at a time? Sometimes I have a group or 2 groups going at a time...all different configurations.

I am constantly logging in and out due to having many barters/traders on. That is why I continue to use launcher. I didn't know that there was a maximum number of accounts that launcher would remember. Sometime I just log in my Buyer, other times I log in several traders to reload etc. Will either of these allow me to log in one, a few or many different accounts at a time? Sometimes I have a group or 2 groups going at a time...all different configurations.

MQ2Autologin would probably be the easiest for this purpose due to the way it manages slots vs the way isboxer manages slots. You can load a whole group, a single character from a group, multiple groups, etc. All mix and match. Also gives a "launch clean" option where you can just log in any account quickly.

MQ2Autologin would probably be the easiest for this purpose due to the way it manages slots vs the way isboxer manages slots. You can load a whole group, a single character from a group, multiple groups, etc. All mix and match. Also gives a "launch clean" option where you can just log in any account quickly.

You can do all of that with isboxer as well, except launch clean.

What I would do if you use isboxer is figure out how many chars you can run on your PC, make a profile for it in isboxer then you can load/unload 1 char at a time or whole groups, entirely up to you and what you want to do.

with MQ2AutoLogin configured, you can log in toons directly from the MQ2 tray icon. And it will go from selecting the toon/group to being ingame.

Once ingame, MQ2AutoLogin has options to switch characters, or switch servers. Thus you can bounce between toons on the same account to different toon, or even different servers. One "feature" I working into my macros was the ability to give a single command at the end of the night and have all the accounts log to traders listed in their ini, or if there was non to simply log out. Thus I can use my regular accounts to play ....and at the end of the day switch to traders, turn them on (using hotkeys set up to start trader, wait a set amount of time, then click offline mode) and head to bed.

with MQ2AutoLogin configured, you can log in toons directly from the MQ2 tray icon. And it will go from selecting the toon/group to being ingame.

Once ingame, MQ2AutoLogin has options to switch characters, or switch servers. Thus you can bounce between toons on the same account to different toon, or even different servers. One "feature" I working into my macros was the ability to give a single command at the end of the night and have all the accounts log to traders listed in their ini, or if there was non to simply log out. Thus I can use my regular accounts to play ....and at the end of the day switch to traders, turn them on (using hotkeys set up to start trader, wait a set amount of time, then click offline mode) and head to bed.

How many clicks do you have to do to switch server? Does it auto switch servers from char select to char select? if so that's amazing

I can run all 17 accounts at the same time and do when I am restocking from buyer to traders all the time. I can even have a group afk exping in the background while messing with my traders. I will look into mq2autologin. It sounds like it will do what I want.

How many clicks do you have to do to switch server? Does it auto switch servers from char select to char select? if so that's amazing

Can not say I have tried it from the character select screen, though I understand it does work.

As for changing servers, it is a command

http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2AutoLogin

/switchserver <server short name> <character name>

when issued in game, logs you out and logs you back in on whatever server and character specified:

/switchchar <name>|-instant <on|off>

/loginchar server:charname

Will now launch eq and log the char in.

NOTE: if you run this command and server:char is already running, you will kill his game and he will be logged in again, this command ALWAYS launches a new client. this is for advanced users only, I use it personally to launch and get back into a game when one of my clients has crashed. (easily detected with the ${Group.Member[soandso].Offline} tlo member... or lets say I havent seen the guy for 15 minutes) NOTE2: this command only works if you are using the mq2 login system and have a profile for the character. Example: /loginchar tunare:eqmule will search all mq2 profile sets for the tunare server and the char eqmule if it finds it, it will launch eq and log in that character

- - - Updated - - -

That is some of the ingame commands. It of course requires you to do a little set up. Maskoi has an excellent write up with pretty pictures on setting up that plugin. The drop down menu can be configured how ever you like to be as flexible as you need it.

I personally have the main accounts as 1 profile apiece with each of the toon listed (mostly so I can keep straight which toon is on which account, but also so I can quickly find X toon when I want just the 1 toon), then I go on to list groups with the usual toons I use in those groups. With the check/uncheck system, you can keep your "groups" updated to what you are currently using, then click on a "load all" option for all the checked toons on that profile and it will start loading them in. As I understand it you can add how ever many toons to the profiles, or have how ever many profiles. Thus if you want you can log in an entire raid at once, or single toons, or by the group (my preferred method)

Like most anything else there is the occasional hiccup, but for the vast majority of the time, you can load EQ group/groups up by right clicking on MQ2 tray icon, scroll up to profiles-->profile name--> either the toon you want or "load all"

As I understand it, you can also use the plugin "the old way" along with winEQ/ISB, and use batch files. Thus you can in essence click on an icon on your desktop to batch load groups/raids in. To me that is more of a "more then one way to skin a cat" thing.

I am sure there are other ideas in the MQ2AutoLogin thread

---------------------

As an aside that might be helpful, if you have multiple mules on the same account, you can set up hotkeys on the mules with the line "/switchchar toon2"

Then bouncing between your mules is just 1 click away!
(haven't taken the time to figure out how to click the fast exit window, but I am sure someone can if they are motivated)

Last edited:
Starting to set up MQ2Login for all of my accounts, but hanging up at the server select screen. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Client is locking up or it does not go anywhere?

Are you using proper name for server?

; List of server short names
;antonius
;bertox
;bristle
;cazic
;drinal
;erollisi
;fippy
;firiona
;luclin
;mayong
;povar
;rathe
;trakanon
;tunare
;vox
;vulak
;xegony
;zek

Thanks for all who helped me figure this out. Anyone playing this game with as many accounts as I have should be using this. This cuts an incredible amount of time and keystrokes for me, especially with the launcher problems I was having. Thanks again.

I'm having an issue with the .exe file it seems. It tells me that the File has been changed or moved and asked if I want to delete it. Anyone else having similar issue and know how to fix it?

Upload it to virustotal and check the scan maybe it has been wrongly identified as a virus on your computer and your virus scanner deletes it?

If this is the case you have 2 choices: A. Send it to your antivirus vendor so they can check why it's being detected as malware. (They are usually really quick to check and get back with a result/whitelist it serverside)
Or B. whitelist it yourself in exclusions for whatever antivirus product you use.

I really would recommend option A though just to be 100% sure YOUR computer doesn't have a virus on it which might have infected it...

MQ2Autologin seems to be hanging up with kicking the toon that is in trader mode. It acts like its logging in, but when I check each account it reverts back to me having to manually kick each toon. This loading 17 accounts in at one time if that matters. So after it runs through all 17 accounts, I check the top account which should be logged in, it still has the kick box for me to press yes. Any ideas?

Problem - Bizarre Log in problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back