• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - What to add to my team (1 Viewer)

Sodpoodle

RedCents
361¢
So currently for my fun/real character group I am running SK/MNK/BRD usually with a cler merc and 1 wiz merc(bard is silver and I have no real intention to run him gold full time). Trying to figure out what would be the best addition(s) for general game play. What kind of combinations do you guys recommend? Monk is a non negotiable, but bard I could honestly take or leave. I have a strong preference for melee, but understand in todays game they are generally not the best. Also have some access to t1 cotf raid weps, so that should balance out some of the dps gap in caster vs. melee, right? Would something like a wiz be better overall dps than say bst + the added dps boost to monk from bst?

Well a bard is pretty handy in giving the DPS boost to your melee groups. If you are playing them then maybe find what you enjoy? I think monks are great pullers and they can take a beating with basic group gear, from what I have seen. If you keep the bard then I would add melee classes so you can run songs that promote their DPS/ac. Pure melee are harder to PL imho, but require less spells and gear. A zerker van decap, rogues can assn. Rangers are quite good at DPS if you set it up right, can headshot, and have the benefit of buffs for the group.

Rog/bst/ranger are all interesting to me. Which do you think would add the most over all dps/synergy? I have a zerk and over all I am kind of unimpressed. Same account as monk though so I am not sure if there is enough synergy there to make it worth splitting him off.

I think both monk and zerker need levels and AA to get the DPS they really are capable of. Wiz is by far the best in game, but benefit from bard songs, enchanter auras, and other classes that can boost DPS. I don't have a BL but I know they are loved by those who play them!

I have a strong preference for melee, but understand in todays game they are generally not the best. Also have some access to t1 cotf raid weps, so that should balance out some of the dps gap in caster vs. melee, right?

Unfortunately, no. Casters are just OP relative to melee DPS right now BUT your group is already too far along to add a caster DPS IMO since you have a Bard and Monk. If you do get COTF raid weapons... ALWAYS go for the 18/19 delay weapons regardless of anything else if they're available.

I'd go with BST or RNG. Both have buffs that will greatly help your melee and they both benefit from the Bard. Rangers have Auspice but BST have Fero... and there are countless other examples where you could pitch one against the other. I'd pick whichever is more appealing to you; they're both great choices.

That was one of the reason I thought about rolling with a SHM as well. Sometimes things get just a little hairy for a merc especially if I decide to afk for a few. If a BST could do a semi passable job of spot healing(second cler merc seems overkill and cuts down on dps) that would be awesome. Though I hadn't really thought about how fishy that would look to have 3+ melee stick to a mob while "boxing".

Question - What to add to my team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back