• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - What is vendor trash now? (1 Viewer)

Cybris

Old Timer
RedCents
2,597¢
Mainly wanting to know what is worth keeping to sell in barter/bazaar and what to vendor trash. I'm farming with a full group of low 80's. The items that I'm mainly asking about are tradeskill items, defiant gear and ornamentations. Are they worth keeping or just trash em?

I know stuff like gems such as diamonds and blue diamonds are vendor trash now. But mobs drop ores pelts, loam looks like some new poison crafting stuff that look like vials and have a letter classification like fluid a or c.

Is defiant gear worth selling now?
And are ornamentations worth selling?

Also what about spells?

Thanks for the help sorry for so many questions but I feel like a newb again after being away for about 8 years.

Vendor spells, destroy ornaments, defiant is kind of hit or miss(flawed and below sells decently on a trader.. elaborate+ is trash). On my server the only poison stuff that sells well is the lvl 100 gormar(sp?) and nigriventer(sp?). Everything else is kind of a waste of inventory space imo. Pelts and especially silks will usually net you a decent amount if you trader them. Ore is kind of hit or miss, but it stacks to 100 and fits in tradeskill satchels so why not trader it.

That's the quick and dirty from my experience on BB(Good /barter buyers, good bazaar).

Yeah, BB does have a pretty solid buyer base for TS items. I'm sure that'll vary by server though. That's likely your best first option to look for what you should be keeping as far as TS stuff. If there's 1k of something for x amount, and people are in barter for 1/5 the price, you're likely not going to be getting whatever the price they're looking for in trader mode.

There's different 'vendor trash' in pretty much every zone. Just a matter of looking at plat value x stack size and deciding on if it's worth taking up an inventory slot while farming.

your best bet is to spend some time eyeballing the bazaar/barter for a week or more, to get a feel for whats what. Example:

Befouled silks are rare, and needed in a number of things like Transcendent Bags ( 20 slot) so tend to sell considerably (Befouled Pelts are used , but are less rare)

Though the drops for level 80 range, will depends on how much TSing is going on in your neck of the woods. My suggestion, bank every non Rogue only TS item (shift to a holding toon, the extraplanar bags are not that expensive ) for now until you get a feel for what is worth selling. You may even want to think about working a TS toon of your own. (you can always trash stuff later) Itemwise... again wold take some research. Mostly likely SoD stuff wont be selling for enough to warrant farming something... --shrugs-- HoT zones may be better for you, if your group can handle the named. Make sure you look into the Abstruse market before investing in collecting the drops and making the templates

Question - What is vendor trash now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back