• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

trouble logging in EQ (1 Viewer)

lunatic47

RedCents
when i try to log on a character from character selection i get the eqgame.exe error message, so i looked on station.sony.com/kb and searched and found a post about a few files to delete then repatch. i tried that but it didnt work and im still getting the error message. any advice?

First of all, you are having problems, just running EQ (no WinEQ, no MQ, no nothing), right?

Try running a complete file check, when you patch?

I get this too, but only when I try to log in my 2nd account. I thought that was aggravating. No idea what causes this, and I've tried so many different settings to try and fix it but I'm about out of ideas.

only running MQ and EQ, no wineq and only one account. yes, did a full scan 3 times as well as deleted certain files specified a few times, rebooted and still no luck. i can get to the character selection find but when i try to log in i get the eqgame.exe error, i think its something to do with a graphics file but ive deleted and repatched them.

still looking for some help with the eqgame.exe error, ive tried a bunch of things and nothing seems to be working. cant call sony because of thanksgiving so i will wait for them if i have to but its so many days lol.

Try overwriting your eqgame.exe file with this one. It's the most recent one, hopefully that helps. C:\Program Files\Everquest is the default directory.

thanks jinx, i tried that but it didnt work. i dont think we are having the same problem though from what i read you were having trouble being able to click play and im getting the eqgame.exe error when i try to log on a character. thanks again though im open to any and all suggestions at this point until monday when i can call those sony pricks.

my hat goes off to you jmo, i didnt think of trying that but it worked and i figured out why i couldnt log in, because i had old map files from the previous jigs compile i had copied and pasted into a custom mq2 i make each time there is a patch. so i downloaded the most recent jigs v13.0 and everything is working now...cant believe i made a stupid mistake like that causing myself lots of anger lol but its all good now thanks again.

Last edited:
lol...no problem man. The thing that made me think about it was that I had made the EXACT same mistake when I first started using MQ. =)

trouble logging in EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back