• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - The parameter is incorrect.. (1 Viewer)

Sodpoodle

RedCents
361¢
Getting an inject failed, parameter is incorrect message anytime I try to load EQ/MQ2. Everything was working fine until I somehow must have accidentally clicked that it was ok to upgrade to windows 10(man was I pissed when I saw my comp was automatically doing this..). Everything is patched and up date, do I need to fully reinstall MQ2 or something?

I would confirm you can load EQ normal without MQ2 to insure nothing needs changed there. Then as long as that worked, log back out and reinstally the MQ2 compile, preferrably with the installer. You'll need to reset your login information and select starting plugins but should fix it. You can keep your folde structure in place especially the macro folder. It should only overwrite files existing with the most current so you would still keep ini's etc. intact.

I'd start first with a shut it all down and restart.

Unload MQ2
camp out of all toons
reboot pc
load eq clients
load mq2

I've had that pop up after I've had the pc running MQ2 / EQ too long.

(may also clean temp files & etc. type of action)

I get that along with "not enough memory, inject failed" type message but a right click and reffresh injections fixes it. Might just be a timeout issue.

Mine probably is not enough time between sessions.

PS there is an option in your system to REVERT back to Windows 7 or whatever you had, but if you REALLY want to stay on 10, Stuff like Direct X and even C++ runtime may need a refresh. if you are REAL unlucky you went from 32bit to 64 bit and you will need to install a ton of stuff!

Little update, been busy so I didn't mess with it much. Rebooted and tried loading EQ then MQ2 which seemed to work fine. Although if I tried to load any other toons after MQ2 was up I would get the message. Sometimes they would load even with the message, sometimes they wouldn't, either way the toons loaded after MQ2 was up would crash way more than the other instances. Like within less than 6 hours as far as I could tell.

Edit: Been hesitant to reinstall because honestly I don't want to mess up any settings that I forgot about(inis and such are easy enough to save and replace). I guess at this point it is broken enough that it doesn't matter though, hah.

Little update, been busy so I didn't mess with it much. Rebooted and tried loading EQ then MQ2 which seemed to work fine. Although if I tried to load any other toons after MQ2 was up I would get the message. Sometimes they would load even with the message, sometimes they wouldn't, either way the toons loaded after MQ2 was up would crash way more than the other instances. Like within less than 6 hours as far as I could tell.

Edit: Been hesitant to reinstall because honestly I don't want to mess up any settings that I forgot about(inis and such are easy enough to save and replace). I guess at this point it is broken enough that it doesn't matter though, hah.

Just to clarify, is this the crash windows pop style message? I had that a long time ago and the instance would still run. When I did a fresh MQ2 install, it didn't do it anymore. I think I had messed up a setting in something and couldn't figure out what I had done either. I'd go ahead and back up all the ini's and such you can, then uninstall and delete the folder. Then do the fresh install. :(

Problem - The parameter is incorrect..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back