• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (2 Viewers)

Is there a way to reload the autologin tool? I have the plugin loaded and still cannot edit accounts or add new accounts. I can enter them in the UI but they will not save

I put a Bazaar mule in offline mode the other day, and when I tried to autologin a character also on that account... the autologin process failed and got stuck in a loop. This is the first time I have tried this since the new functionality was introduced.

To fix this, I had to log in the bazaar mule, camp, then was able to succesfully login the other characters. The old behavior would navigate through the process to boot the bazaar mule offline.

Is this a "just me" problem, or are others experiencing this too?

Is there any way to configure the new AutoLogin to bind the registered profile hotkey to the client?

Current behavior:
Launch profile for CharacterA with Hotkey F1
Camp and change to CharacterB
F1 no longer swaps to this client

Behavior I'm after:
F1 still swaps to this client

I tried putting CharacterA and CharacterB in different Groups with the same hotkey in both of their profiles, but that didn't work either. It acknowledges the character as being logged in but won't activate its hotkey unless I manually launch the profile.

1714464603401.png

It wouldn't be as good as binding the hotkey to the client, but is there anyway to automate the profile activation on character swap?

Is there any way to configure the new AutoLogin to bind the registered profile hotkey to the client?

Current behavior:

Behavior I'm after:

I tried putting CharacterA and CharacterB in different Groups with the same hotkey in both of their profiles, but that didn't work either. It acknowledges the character as being logged in but won't activate its hotkey unless I manually launch the profile.

View attachment 61006

It wouldn't be as good as binding the hotkey to the client, but is there anyway to automate the profile activation on character swap?
I suspect when you say "camp" you literally mean /camp and not "/camp desktop"

FYI I believe if you camp all the way out, and relaunch the other character from the launch profile, it will work like you need... but I want to +1 your request to map a hotkey to all characters on a single account.

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

Wrong forum
Hello.

Please excuse my ignorance...

I have just setup IsoBoxer ... and I can not get it to use Mq2AutoLogin.

If i launch my group via MQNext.. Lua window for Mq2Autologin.. works fine.
If i try to launch via ISOBoxer... the client loads... but the Lua window doe Mq2AutoLogin sais DISBALED ... and never hooks.
IsoBoxer detects my client.. but i just am stuck on the login screen.

I did make the changes recommended in WIKI ... AccountName format shown just to show the format i'm using...

MQ2AutoLogin.ini

[Settings]
DefaultEQPath=D:\EQEmu\Project Lazarus
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
KickActiveCharacter=1
KickActiveTrader=1
Debug=1
UseAuth=0
UseMQ2Login=0
NotifyOnServerUP=0
CharSelectDelay=3
IniLocation=D:\EQEmu\MQ2\config\MQ2AutoLogin.ini
; ---------------------------------------------
[Servers]
Project_Lazarus=Project Lazarus
[Profiles]
;[accountname]
;Password=password
;Server=EZ
;Character=Akkadius
;CustomClientIni=eqclient_sound.ini

Any help appreciated.

I tried getting help from IsoBoxer crew on their discord.. but they basically blew me off.. saying you need to resolve it in MQ.

Attachments

• 2024-05-07_085752.png
    2024-05-07_085752.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
Firstly, There’s no O in ISBoxer

secondly, the thing that drives autologin is the /login: command line parameter. If that isn’t being passed then autologin isn’t being told to do anything.

The in game ui that you’re looking at is for status or manually triggering autologin.

I don’t use ISBoxer but I know some people do and I’m sure they’ll reply too…

Hello.

Please excuse my ignorance...

I have just setup IsoBoxer ... and I can not get it to use Mq2AutoLogin.

If i launch my group via MQNext.. Lua window for Mq2Autologin.. works fine.
If i try to launch via ISOBoxer... the client loads... but the Lua window doe Mq2AutoLogin sais DISBALED ... and never hooks.
IsoBoxer detects my client.. but i just am stuck on the login screen.

I did make the changes recommended in WIKI ... AccountName format shown just to show the format i'm using...

MQ2AutoLogin.ini

[Settings]
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
KickActiveCharacter=1
KickActiveTrader=1
Debug=1
UseAuth=0
UseMQ2Login=0
NotifyOnServerUP=0
CharSelectDelay=3
IniLocation=D:\EQEmu\MQ2\config\MQ2AutoLogin.ini
[Servers]
Project_Lazarus=Project Lazarus
[Profiles]
;[accountname]
;Password=password
;Server=EZ
;Character=Akkadius
;CustomClientIni=eqclient_sound.ini

Any help appreciated.

I tried getting help from IsoBoxer crew on their discord.. but they basically blew me off.. saying you need to resolve it in MQ.
you likely don't have correct isboxer profiles setup

Current behavior:

Behavior I'm after:

View attachment 61006

Second this. Old way a year ago before I took my break, I would autologin and have profile hotkeys setup for the account. Not per character. So if I logged out to char select and chose a different character on the same account, my profile hotkey would be the same to hotswap. Current setup seems to locked to specific character? Or am I confused?

Firstly, There’s no O in ISBoxer

secondly, the thing that drives autologin is the /login: command line parameter. If that isn’t being passed then autologin isn’t being told to do anything.

The in game ui that you’re looking at is for status or manually triggering autologin.

I don’t use ISBoxer but I know some people do and I’m sure they’ll reply too…
I think you are closer to my solution .. The AutoLogin Lua window pops up when the client launches after selecting it from ISBoxer ..

The AutoLogin Lua window pops up when IsBoxer launches the client. The client selects the correct station profile from its virtualized eqlsdata.ini file for the character ( setup correctly in IsBoxer .. so it;s picking up the correct account data). And I confirmed its using the correct virtualized eqclient.ini.

I can manually login.. in one click.. if i select the profile to login in the popped up AutoLogin Lua ... and it logs in completely... selects character.. the works. So I think it's not doing the /Login command you are talking about.
So apparently it is hooking... just not activating the login process.. it has all the data.. can do it if i manually select the character. Autologin Lua immediately turns active and launches.

I will display my ignorance further and ask about this /login command... where would i issue it from.. if i can manually issue some /login command to have AutoLogin activate i would love to know. And how to automate that.

I appreciate all the snappy help... ( hugs ).

as i mentioned, it sounds like you don't have your isboxer profiles setup correctly

> check here <
The LaviSh forums and Discord are less than helpful with this. I'm sorry if it is not a direct plugin question.. Since it appears the AutoLogin plugin and process is working fine. I am just not sure hot to get this /login command for the plugin called from the IsBoxer launch. This appears to be my issue.

The LaviSh forums and Discord are less than helpful with this. I'm sorry if it is not a direct plugin question.. Since it appears the AutoLogin plugin and process is working fine. I am just not sure hot to get this /login command for the plugin called from the IsBoxer launch. This appears to be my issue.
did you click the thing that i mentioned that explains how to ensure you have the autologin profiles setup, which is almost certainly your problem?

Yes.. I've gotten that far.. and IsBoxer is definately trying to use the newly amde login parameters i made in IsBoxer config.

The issue is that I am confused as to exactly what i'm supposed to put for the 'patchme /login:<mq2autologin profile set name>_<server short name>:<character name>' area.

When you refer to <mq2autologin profile set name>.. Is this the section i have in the Mq2AutoLogin.ini file. that i referenced as ;[accountname]

So if in my AutoLogin.ini i had:

[SomeAccountName]
Password=PassWord
Server=Project_Lazarus
Character=MyToon
CustomClientIni=eqclient_sound.ini

that patchme line should be:

patchme /login:SomeAccountName_Project_Lazarus:MyToon

Correct ?

Because the Client laucnhes.. and in the account area... it has the entire string line from patchme ( acocunt_server:toon ) in the account area of the client screen.. and is just frozen with AutoLogin INACTIVE and hanging in the corner Lua

Yes.. I've gotten that far.. and IsBoxer is definately trying to use the newly amde login parameters i made in IsBoxer config.

The issue is that I am confused as to exactly what i'm supposed to put for the 'patchme /login:<mq2autologin profile set name>_<server short name>:<character name>' area.

When you refer to <mq2autologin profile set name>.. Is this the section i have in the Mq2AutoLogin.ini file. that i referenced as ;[accountname]

So if in my AutoLogin.ini i had:

[SomeAccountName]
Password=PassWord
Server=Project_Lazarus
Character=MyToon
CustomClientIni=eqclient_sound.ini

that patchme line should be:

patchme /login:SomeAccountName_Project_Lazarus:MyToon

Correct ?

Because the Client laucnhes.. and in the account area... it has the entire string line from patchme ( acocunt_server:toon ) in the account area of the client screen.. and is just frozen with AutoLogin INACTIVE and hanging in the corner Lua
nope, im talking about isboxer configuration like the pictures and the links i shared

they should all look like that,

I'm not talking about changing anything with autologin at all.

nope, im talking about isboxer configuration like the pictures and the links i shared

they should all look like that,

I'm not talking about changing anything with autologin at all.

Ok.. I understand what your saying.. I was getting confused because i recently switched over to Next from Legacy.. so i Have the ini file stuck in my head for getting login data.

So i have a PROFILE GROUP called MELEE created for the toon...

That's how it shows in AutoLogin Lua window

I have a server shortname defined as Lazarus ... for the Full Name Project Lazarus server

patchme /login:melee_lazarus:toonname

But it doesnt work. Theoretically.. if i make a Shortcut to eqgame.exe ... edit the shortcut.. and stick in the --- patchme /login:melee_lazarus:toonname --- at the end.. that should test if i can call Autologin outside of MQ... right?

I'm trying to isolate the reason why it wont take my patchme command in isboxer .. so if i can test it outside.. by the shorcut method.. at least i know it works and have an alternate way to test.

If i can at least verify i can call the Mq2AutoLogin plugin from outside MQ .... via a batch file launch of eqgame with parameters.. or a modified sahortcut with that patchme in it.. I would liek to be able to test to verify the correct way i should be calling the login.

Last edited:
Ok.. I understand what your saying.. I was getting confused because i recently switched over to Next from Legacy.. so i Have the ini file stuck in my head for getting login data.

So i have a PROFILE GROUP called MELEE created for the toon...

That's how it shows in AutoLogin Lua window

I have a server shortname defined as Lazarus ... for the Full Name Project Lazarus server

patchme /login:melee_lazarus:toonname

But it doesnt work. Theoretically.. if i make a Shortcut to eqgame.exe ... edit the shortcut.. and stick in the --- patchme /login:melee_lazarus:toonname --- at the end.. that should test if i can call Autologin outside of MQ... right?

I'm trying to isolate the reason why it wont take my patchme command in isboxer .. so if i can test it outside.. by the shorcut method.. at least i know it works and have an alternate way to test.

If i can at least verify i can call the Mq2AutoLogin plugin from outside MQ .... via a batch file launch of eqgame with parameters.. or a modified sahortcut with that patchme in it.. I would liek to be able to test to verify the correct way i should be calling the login.
Ok...

I GOT IT WORKING...

However... the instructions for getting it to work differ slightly from what you have posted.
Maybe because its specific to the EMU environment.. .. or this server... but i had to put it in quotes in order for it to pass.. since the server name has a space in it.

The attatched image is not my profile or my information.. just an example of how i got it to work... it HAD to be in quotes because of the space....

Thank you for getting me pointed in the right direction... Hopefully this may help anyone else having issue with a server that has space in nameing convention that cant be changed

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
I've seen a few references to exporting character data but no real information on how to do it.

Is it possible to export the account and characters on that account from the autologin gui?

I've seen a few references to exporting character data but no real information on how to do it.

Is it possible to export the account and characters on that account from the autologin gui?
You mean to basically make a copy of the .ini file, and send it to another computer to use instead of having to redo all of it all over again? Because this is the exact reason why i came here to post, was to ask about this. I've skimmed over the last 10-15 pages and didnt see much talking about Copying the .ini file from 1 pc to another.

I've tried just to copy/paste and it resets all the logins and everything to no passwords, but is there a way around this?

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back