• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Macro moving with Advpath (1 Viewer)

ss44

RedCents
31¢
Anyone that has used Advpath to move in macros, can you let me know how I would include the play file in a macro? Or if anyone wants to help me exclusively with my macro, i would really appreciate it. Tone, you have macros with exactly what i want to do, and im sure others do to. AFK hunt. PM me or post here. Thanks.

With the AdvTask macro that i posted there is a readme file that tells you everything about advpath.

Here is your include:
Rich (BB code):
#include advpath.inc  
#event PlayFile "[MQ2] playfile #1#"

This goes with your declarations in your main function:
Rich (BB code):
/call InitAPFVars 1 15 20
/squelch /alias /startrec /echo record
/squelch /alias /stoprec  /echo stop
/squelch /alias /playfile /echo playfile
/call AdvPathPoll

Playfile the path file a run the path:
Rich (BB code):
/playfile pathname

Add this sub function:
Rich (BB code):
sub Event_PlayFile(string Line, string PathFile)
  /call PlayFunction "${PathFile} 1 nf nopp noz"
  /call WaitTilThere
/return

Commons Commands:
Start recording a path: /startrec newpathname
Stop recording a path and save it: /stoprec

Trying to use Advpath....

Not knowing how to program I am trying to do the least amount possible so there is a less chance I will screw something up

When I start a new path (like when I have to go check out the Druid Rings lets say) ....I notice in my MQ2 window I will see a filename ...that I am assuming is the pathing to the Druid Rings, because when I open the file, its loaded with coordinates.

Originally I would modify those pathing files...but for some reason it would not help the pathing..it still followed the same course.

So I figure doing the pathing over is my only option....and my idea is to use advpath and redo exactly what the original pathing file was suppose to do.

My question.....after using advpath to redo the EXACT path of the pathing file that is not working...can't I just drop in my new file in place of the bad one in the code?

I am hoping it would just call to it, and not care that its a new file.....

and my first problem --- I use the /startrec DL2FV ...but can't find the file after I am done with the path (I do use a /stoprec)

I thought maybe I have to give it a full path so I used /startrec c:\DL2FV.ini
but after that I still could not find the file anywhere...did a serach....the files is not on my computer?.....

any ideas please?

Start recording a path: /startrec newpathname

....I though if I had a bad path in a macro I am using I could just record the correct path.....take the old file is using for that path and put my new one in?

i have had no problem. when i type /echo record, it starts recording a file called "Null" which is because i did not specify a file name due to the fact that i was just screwing around with it. to end it i typed /echo stop, and then /echo playfile null. and it worked fine. I pathed all around the bazaar, making frequent turns and such, and had no problem. if u need, i can upload the advpath macro for you, just in case yours is out of date or something along those lines.

I am wondering if anyone knows a way to make it so /face heading actually turns the character as if you pressed the button to turn right or left it just looks funny with a toon turning with out doing the motion it does if you used the right or left directional or mouse look...also the pause that happens right before it zones

Last edited:
Macro moving with Advpath

Users who are viewing this thread

Back