• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Gathering Bug (1 Viewer)

awww Repost it man. I didn't know that we had a Age of conan section until about 5 minutes ago!

Ok,Since there seems to be interest for this now I will repost.
(Also since you called Shenanigans lol)

This bug pertains to the gathering quests.If you play the game then you know that you must actually gather the rare item to complete the gathering quests.
Buying it from the trader will not work,nor already having it from before you got the quest.

Wrong.

If you borrow,buy or already have 3 of the item you can trick the game into thinking you just gathered it.What you need to do is open your bank and separate the item into 3 separate slots.
You then drag the item into your backpack,One at a time,Forming one stack.On your 3rd one you will then attain the Gathering Completed text.

You can now give back,sell or use the other 2 and go hand in the 3rd.

This actually works for the collect 20 quests as well.
Have fun getting your free exp and avoiding the crazy farming you would have otherwise needed.

Also lets not spread this around the web and keep it right here please.

Nice post Denier. Thanks for sharing. Even with being the board lurker that I am, I missed this the first time you posted.

Awesome! I take back the shenanigans. I've actually got this to work before too, but I couldn't replicate it enough to figure out the exact process! Red cent for j00 if it works like you said!

This is particularly handy since I got 3 brindled leather on my necro before I got the quest but ZERO after. ><

Works just like advertised. I tried to give you a redcent but this isn't flagged as a strategy forum. :(

Used this for brindled leather AND ebon ash (I'm glad I held on to all that crap!) haha

Gonna ship it over to my other lvl 20ish guys who are working on those. ;)

Your welcome Jmo,

Works just like advertised. I tried to give you a redcent but this isn't flagged as a strategy forum. :(

No worries,Thanks in any case :).

Im actually trying to work out another bug I discovered,Will post it once I have a firm understanding of it.

Gathering Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back