• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Couple Questions for someone way old (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
1. I'm see all the pre-compiles, but I don't see any source. Do we still publish Rwarp and zone plugin code publically?

2. I'm wierd and like to complile my stuff, but should I even go to the trouble of doing it?

3. Just tring out EQ again. Just signed up tonight for 30 days, and wanted to know what major things do I need to know since 2006? (DoD just released at time I quit)

Damn it... didn't see Questions forum. Please move me...

Also, I have to add something to that macro section... it is very lacking... AFK leveling is the way to roll lol... (I'm a big fan of Warp Killing AFK. Yes, I have been Suspended... but never banned bwhahaha)

1: You won't find anything on warp and zone because we just won't cover them here. You'll have to create and compile on your own or look for another web site that has it.

2: You can still compile MQ by yourself from macroquest2 web site but unless you plan to tweak codes and spend an hour or 2 everytime EQ updates, you're probably better off getting a convenient ready made MQ2 from Level 2 section of EQ.

3: ha a lot has changed. DoN cultural armor got revamped, metallic scales and glossy hides are worthless now, easier to get xp, level 80, can piggy into higher level POP zones including Time, and many old Antonica zones got revamped with Oasis of Marr and South Ro, plus both East and West Commonlands becoming 1 zone now.

PoR, TSS, TBS, and expansions came out. Sony is doing 1 expansion a year now so next one is in the fall.

Lastly: as of last fall and mid Winter when I stopped playing, many EQ servers were unstable and tended to crash every 2 or 3 days. Dunno if it was resolved or not. Also on Maelin Starpyre several players of the guild Crimson Tempest were blatantly warping in various SoF zones to farm named mobs and xp. Dunno if they are still doing it or if they got banned yet.

1: You won't find anything on warp and zone because we just won't cover them here. You'll have to create and compile on your own or look for another web site that has it.

2: You can still compile MQ by yourself from macroquest2 web site but unless you plan to tweak codes and spend an hour or 2 everytime EQ updates, you're probably better off getting a convenient ready made MQ2 from Level 2 section of EQ.

3: ha a lot has changed. DoN cultural armor got revamped, metallic scales and glossy hides are worthless now, easier to get xp, level 80, can piggy into higher level POP zones including Time, and many old Antonica zones got revamped with Oasis of Marr and South Ro, plus both East and West Commonlands becoming 1 zone now.

PoR, TSS, TBS, and expansions came out. Sony is doing 1 expansion a year now so next one is in the fall.

Lastly: as of last fall and mid Winter when I stopped playing, many EQ servers were unstable and tended to crash every 2 or 3 days. Dunno if it was resolved or not. Also on Maelin Starpyre several players of the guild Crimson Tempest were blatantly warping in various SoF zones to farm named mobs and xp. Dunno if they are still doing it or if they got banned yet.

Sorry, don't want this to be taken the wrong way, but need to clear some stuff up so people don't get the wrong info and take off.

1. Jmo's Official Compile v4.1 That's the link to my compile. We've had warp/zone/active stuff back for over 4 compile releases.

2. I can get a compile up and running without any warp checks or time checks or auth checks in about 20 minutes, and that includes compiling time. If it's taking you two hours, check out this thread. This was amazing for me when I was really learning how to do compiles. Cade's Compiling Guide

3. Yep. But the new revamp allowed players that didn't raid to get cultural gear that is better than most CoA gear, with the right augs. And I'm still undecided how I feel about the damn key removals.

As for the server crashes...I think SOE is buying sickly hamsters because they're on clearance.

Again, I don't want any of this to come off as an attack on Aam or anyone else. I just wanted to clear up some stuff.

JMO,
since this topic is dealing with compiling etc I thought I'd drop you a couple of questions. I went to Cade's post and that's ok as far as it went. Just a couple of points for you to shed some light if you will:

1. If I download the latest compile (ie 7.1) and the source file, shouldn't I be able to just open the source code file into it's own directory, ramp up my C++ and do the compile basically at listed in mq2 but without doing the mqauthority file run, and it should compile, right? Well I thought it would be pretty dry but I can't seem to get the compile 100 percent. I have two plugin's that crap out on me:

(1)
--------------------Configuration: MQ2Casttimer - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
MQ2Casttimer.cpp
EQLIB_IMPORTS
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1129) : error C2360: initialization of 'i' is skipped by 'case' label
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1101) : see declaration of 'i'
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1130) : error C2360: initialization of 'i' is skipped by 'case' label
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1101) : see declaration of 'i'
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1155) : error C2361: initialization of 'i' is skipped by 'default' label
Error executing cl.exe.

MQ2Casttimer.dll - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

(2)
--------------------Configuration: MQ2DoCrack - Win32 Release--------------------
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(60): Could not find the file isxdk.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(71): Could not find the file winthreading.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(72): Could not find the file Index.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\ISXEQ\ISXEQ.h(18): Could not find the file isxdk.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(60): Could not find the file isxdk.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(71): Could not find the file winthreading.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\MQ2Main.h(72): Could not find the file Index.h.
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Main\ISXEQ\ISXEQ.h(18): Could not find the file isxdk.h.
Compiling...
CDoCrackWnd.cpp
EQLIB_IMPORTS
MQ2DoCrack.cpp
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(819) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(812) : see declaration of 'i'
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(831) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(812) : see declaration of 'i'
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(1124) : error C2374: 'x' : redefinition; multiple initialization
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(1115) : see declaration of 'x'
Error executing cl.exe.

MQ2Docrack.dll - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I've done nothing but unzip the source file and compile. So I don't understand the problem. Are there other files I need but don't have access to? And this source compile doesn't have all the geewhizzies that your official compile has. Is that because of proprietary code not being released with the source code?

2. If I find a plugin (and code) that I want to try out, do I have to do the complete recompile or can I do an individual compile on the plugin and then just add it somehow to the project? I guess this really boils down to can I create the .dll and then just copy it over to my working directory. ))

Thanx again. I decided to start playing around with the compiler as I discovered I had the VB6 program just gathering dust. Doing the compile was pretty easy and straight forward. I don't think I'll become a programmer but if I can start small and easy who knows where this will end.

Respectfully,
toejam

JMO,
since this topic is dealing with compiling etc I thought I'd drop you a couple of questions. I went to Cade's post and that's ok as far as it went. Just a couple of points for you to shed some light if you will:

1. If I download the latest compile (ie 7.1) and the source file, shouldn't I be able to just open the source code file into it's own directory, ramp up my C++ and do the compile basically at listed in mq2 but without doing the mqauthority file run, and it should compile, right? Well I thought it would be pretty dry but I can't seem to get the compile 100 percent. I have two plugin's that crap out on me:

(1)
--------------------Configuration: MQ2Casttimer - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
MQ2Casttimer.cpp
EQLIB_IMPORTS
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1129) : error C2360: initialization of 'i' is skipped by 'case' label
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1130) : error C2360: initialization of 'i' is skipped by 'case' label
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Casttimer\MQ2Casttimer.cpp(1155) : error C2361: initialization of 'i' is skipped by 'default' label
Error executing cl.exe.

MQ2Casttimer.dll - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

(2)
--------------------Configuration: MQ2DoCrack - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
CDoCrackWnd.cpp
EQLIB_IMPORTS
MQ2DoCrack.cpp
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(819) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(831) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(1124) : error C2374: 'x' : redefinition; multiple initialization
L:\Jmo's Source Files30May08\MQ2Docrack\MQ2DoCrack.cpp(1115) : see declaration of 'x'
Error executing cl.exe.

MQ2Docrack.dll - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I've done nothing but unzip the source file and compile. So I don't understand the problem. Are there other files I need but don't have access to? And this source compile doesn't have all the geewhizzies that your official compile has. Is that because of proprietary code not being released with the source code?

2. If I find a plugin (and code) that I want to try out, do I have to do the complete recompile or can I do an individual compile on the plugin and then just add it somehow to the project? I guess this really boils down to can I create the .dll and then just copy it over to my working directory. ))

Thanx again. I decided to start playing around with the compiler as I discovered I had the VB6 program just gathering dust. Doing the compile was pretty easy and straight forward. I don't think I'll become a programmer but if I can start small and easy who knows where this will end.

Respectfully,
toejam

I'll do my best to answer.

1a.) I use VS2k8 to compile, some of the source code had to be changed in order for it to compile using that version. The major problem was the "Declaration of i" and how it worked in plugins. Therefor, you would just need to get the original version of DoCrack to get it to compile and overwrite my MQ2DoCrack.cpp file.

1b.)All of the "geewhizzes" source is kept private. This is by request of the authors to keep their work private. Therefore, whether I release an Active Hack source code or just Passive Hack source code, you'll get the same files. I use a completely separate source folder when compiling the active hacks.

Sidenote: If you know how to mess with the packets, the original sources for MQ2Pax, MQ2Speed, MQ2RWarp, and MQ2Piggyzone can all be found here on NA as Redguides was where most of them were created for.

2.) Do not delete your MQ2Main.lib file after the first Compilation and you should be able to just compile single plugins just fine.

Also, I took all checks out of my code. There's no Auth Check, Warp or Piggy blocker, Date/Time check, and TLO String is turned back on. So, if you use the source and want to compile, all of that is done for you.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them. =)

Yeppers, you answered em as I asked. The big one sort of obfuscated by the compiling issues but you answered it as well.

If I come upon a plugin I want to compile, as long as I am using the same mq2main as the compile I would be ok in compiling that new plugin into a dll.

Thanx, I'm still getting comfortable in the compiling and this info makes me feel ok. ))

Hey Toejam, check out this thread. Cade's Uberbadass Compiling Guide

Only 1 change that can be made, this is for removing the date/time check.

Change in PluginHandler.cpp:
Rich (BB code):
static unsigned int mq2mainstamp = 0;

To this:
Rich (BB code):
static unsigned int mq2mainstamp = 1;

It's that easy. Cade's way made it look way more complex, but of course, either way works.

Many thanx for you pointouts )). I tried to give you some red cents but it won't allow me too. Says red cents are for strategy orientated stuff. (( Sorry, but I think you helped me out plenty. ))
Respectfully,
toejam

Couple Questions for someone way old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back