• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Augs and Trophies SK115ish (1 Viewer)

RedCents
903¢
(SK 377k hps - 7700 ac casually buffed sitting in guild hall, subbed, 47k+ AA, full waxing crescent, all other slots 115-120 lvl)

First off, I am sorry if this has already been talked about but I find myself struggling to find current information on augs and trophies.

I know sic said that conflagrant augs are plentiful and cheap to get you started but I don't think anyone is making those very often on the server I am on. (I did find some but not many)

I am running a group of 115s and 116s and I am able to clear the tov missions relatively easily but cov is a different story, from what I can gather I am lacking in the augs department and to be honest I literally just found out trophies are a thing because of a hammakj video on anniversary quests from a month ago.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious as far as augs are concerned. I've been hitting up zones to farm augs various people have suggested across posts and reddits but again a lot of the info seems dated, then I read that a guy casually levels from 1-115 and has 8k ac in snowbound and I'm blown away with how that's possible and if I'm missing something painfully obvious.

I feel like I am as well geared as I can be besides my charm slot. I am slowly working on getting the augs from tov/cov but that's still going to take awhile and in the down time I keep hitting up zones like gorowyn and older zones because that's what random posts keep suggesting.

So long story short is there something I should be doing to get better, maybe more recent beneficial augs and trophies.

And again sorry, all the info I keep coming across is either nearly a year old or much older.

At 115, that Waxing Crescent will be rec 120 and reducing (some) of its stats. It isn't much but the T2 group or T3 crafted from CoV will likely outperform until you're 120+. It's going to be a drop in the bucket.

For AC augs, you can run the anniversary tower quests in rapid fire for currency. They are dumb simple. There are currently.... 4? or 5? type 7's that at 115 are 70ac and 800-1100 HP. those will help a lot.

Another good bet would be looking at the crafted "Of security" and/or "of adroitness" from tov, cov nos (maybe? might have level req issues). Even as far back as the TBL ones are all going to be 80-90-100 ac in most of those which is a huge bump if your current augs are worse. You will need ores from group named from those expansions or the hero missions. Also a researcher to make the faded aug container. Chances are there's a researcher than can make those somewhere.

Past that, hop onto raidloot and list your level and expansion, set augs to AC and go down the list of things that you can do or can purchase/craft. An example search for the former can be found >> HERE <<
That link is for a 115 SK lookig at 7/8 augs NOS and older.

Trophies, I use for raid, the two biggest bang for buck are the Lost Wayfarer's Tent (200ac, 3k HME) from a very easy anni mission that just ended. Another reallys trong one is the Scavenger Prize (200ac, 2k hme) by completing every collectible from Ring of Scale. Most of the colelctible trophies from TBL onwards reward a ton of heroics which is nice. Otheriwse you will be doing Hero, Partisan, and Merc of older expansions looking for trophies for dubious quality.
Example:
Trophy of Duality (Reward from TBM Paragaon - 150ac 750 HME)
Qeynos Claymore (Tower of Rot + Argin Hiz + Void hero -- 100ac 500 HME)
Trophy of the Seafarer (Reward from Paragon of TBS -- 75ac 400 HME)

Raidloot also covers a lot of trophies in its query but almost all of them will be of dubious quality on live, like the shards landing or house of thule 45ac ones. Also many of them require completing partisn+merc, for an entire expansion, or that + hero missions. at 115 it wont be hard but it'll be mind numbingly tedious for... well possibly questionable results.

Your best bet imo, is do overseer/RoS for a scav prize. current expansions for heroic trophies, use them if you must (I only do for raids), make sure you're using your AC tap and the For power line for its AC recourse if you need it. Go sword and board if you need the extra AC / mitigation.
As a raid SK from ToV expansion, all of my augs were roughly 70AC minimum, and raid buffing to 650k (ish) and 11k ac at 115. Thats including s00par banner, without its closer to 550-580k.

I am so very upset I just missed my chance for the wayfarer's tent. I JUST saw hammackjs video and was like maybe it's not too late!

Thank you for the information, I was unaware of raidloot.

Raidloot.com is a strong resource for looking for gear, augs, etc. it's also really up to date with spell data if you are ever after that.

EQresource is another very strong source of augs/gear as well, but I personally find it's search tool convoluted and unhelpful at the best of times.

I actually typed out how much eq resource gives me a headache and makes me want to punch myself in the face but then didn't want to bag on it because I'm certain part of my failures are use error. It just seems lacking and like you said, convoluted.

How to gear up a new toon with Augmentations

Type 7:

EoK security, brilliance, vigor, adroitness (last expansion you can have all 4 types)

ToV security, brilliance, vigor, adroitness (can only have 3 vigor and brilliance are now lore)

CoV security, brilliance, vigor, adroitness (can only have 3 vigor and brilliance are now lore)

ToL security, brilliance, vigor, adroitness (can only have 3 vigor and brilliance are now lore)

NoS security, brilliance, vigor, adroitness (can only have 3 vigor and brilliance are now lore)

LS security, brilliance, vigor, adroitness (can only have 3 vigor and brilliance are now lore)

For the ore I do the following:

ToV run missions for ore and augs you get 2 ore per mission.

CoV I farm Morwenna Undertow for ore and Hdex augs.

ToL I run missions for ore and augs you get 2 per mission.

NoS I farm Bavanjam in Deepshade for the mats needed.

LS I farm Lorekeeper in ax keep

NOTE: you will need to have research to make the molds for the augs or hire some one to make them.

Do collection trophies for CoV, ToL, NoS, and LS for some nice trophies....

Do CotF - RoS collections to unlock more trophy slots

Just to add, the Tower of North Ro has some nice and very easily obtained Type 7s. There is a wonderful shield augmentation mixed in. Depending on where you are on the gearing up process, there is a lower level (but nice) augmentation and then the ones that break at some point over 115 I think. But definitely the augmentations and gear is worth checking out and the (currently) five North Ro floors are easy to knock out. You'll need to do the pre-quest and floors to open up all of the currently available gear.

To bad you missed the Extruded Black Pearl, very nice charm augmentation.

I did see that, I was just unaware if there was maybe a new way to do things. I know that sounds stupid but in this game I find myself chasing the wrong thing a lot and it's only after I've invested considerable amounts of time and or plat that I discover I've been chasing old news and the new hotness is xyz and much easier to obtain. I know the word easy sets some people off because we invest so much time into this and there are definitely bridges I won't cross (artisan's prize) but I am burnt out on chasing the wrong thing and so I thought I'd ask.

I found out 3 years ago in the early 80s when my defiant gear wasn't cutting it anymore and I was getting slaughtered by blue cons that there's a lot of information in this game that people assume is common knowledge but as a returning player you have no idea about. It took me chasing down this and that lead only to end up frustrated getting my ass handed to me until after hours of reading I discovered tbm gear and how easy it is obtained and that it will carry you to 105. I've shown several people it now, they had no idea it was there and that's it's so obtainable.

I did see that, I was just unaware if there was maybe a new way to do things. I know that sounds stupid but in this game I find myself chasing the wrong thing a lot and it's only after I've invested considerable amounts of time and or plat that I discover I've been chasing old news and the new hotness is xyz and much easier to obtain. I know the word easy sets some people off because we invest so much time into this and there are definitely bridges I won't cross (artisan's prize) but I am burnt out on chasing the wrong thing and so I thought I'd ask.
So, many of those augs I used until I got better ones, but in order to get better ones, I had to use those augs so I did not get roflstomped trying to get the better ones. Does that make sense? They call it EverGrind for a reason. You are always grinding for something.

Get those augs on the list, then push yourself further getting newer augs.

Guide - Augs and Trophies SK115ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back