• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (2 Viewers)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

all 3 accounts banned bought cheap TBM codes from player auctions on jun 4th

Now when I try to login it says wrong username/password for both accounts...

I tweeted them all!!! They could at least give suspension with option to pay for charge back or if not just remove access to the tbm content

Banned for "chargebacks" after buying kronos here. unknown seller so can't post scam

Bought kronos from a couple people here and just had 2 accounts banned for "chargebacks". I don't know which kronos were the result of the ban so I can't really post a username.. Anyone else had this happen?

I want to clarify now that I've gotten some info. This is the result of heroic codes not krono purchases. The seller is gnomepuntz and is STILL selling them here.

Last edited:

Just had two accounts banned for same reason. Someone has to be asleep at the wheel of that company.

If you know or follow anyone in games journalism, now is the time to to let them know DBG has banned thousands of EverQuest accounts for aftermarket CD keys.

Putting this on daybreak isn't right either btw. Why should they lose out ? This guy bought thousands of CD Keys with a stolen CC etc so daybreak should just eat the cost ? That's not right either.

If I bought a sub on this site with a stolen CC and charged back you would ban me :)

Putting this on daybreak isn't right either btw. Why should they lose out ? This guy bought thousands of CD Keys with a stolen CC etc so daybreak should just eat the cost ? That's not right either.
It's not just codes sold here, it's also from steam from the actual website.

Re: Banned for "chargebacks" after buying kronos here. unknown seller so can't post s

Ok, thank you. That does seem to be the case. I'm assuming the guy selling codes here has been blocked? I bought the codes from gnomepuntz

I agree with the sentiment william12, nobody should lose money. But if JimBob bought a sub on this site with a stolen CC and gifted it to you, which resulted in you getting banned, would you at least like an explanation instead of having to figure it out yourself?
And would you appreciate the opportunity to continue your membership on more appropriate terms? I'm sure RG would still like to have your sub fee every month, once things got ironed out.

So no, I don't think DBG should take the fall, but I don't think perma-banning thousands of accounts will solve any problems either. Unless they're looking to do away with live servers entirely, then this would be a bad solution. I'm sure EQ isn't the moneymill that it used to be, but I'm also certain that there are a lot of players that have had subscriptions for a very long time, and would otherwise continue to do so.

I'm looking to see if they put options on the table. If not, then it's time to move on, but if chargebacks are the issue and my accounts are banned, then they've got some more chargebacks coming, because I want the $200 I just dropped in the past 5 weeks back so I can put it toward a different game...

Banned for heroic codes, this is the guy I bought from

2 accounts banned for codes. gnomepuntz is the guy I bought from. NOTE: He's STILL selling them here.

Last edited:

If anyone is able to get their account(s) unbanned, perhaps you can share how.

My self i took the risk an got the cheap codes but i am willing to pay the amount that was charged back from the codes i use if they will give my access to my accounts again

Just FYI, if you'd been a Redguides member since 2002 (undergroundguides, w00t!) or even 2015, and bought after-market redcents from a scammer, I wouldn't ban you. I might remove your access, and maybe call you a name, but I wouldn't ban you.

Suffice to say, the keys from the keyshop I linked to long ago still work. Only the one key I bought from a guy here on Redguides has been banned so far out of 15 accounts.

Edit; And no - I'm of course not blaming anyone. :)

Edit 2; Just now 2 more accounts banned, but I think they were also from RG trades.

Last edited:

Suffice to say, the keys from the keyshop I linked to long ago still work. Only the one key I bought from a guy here on Redguides has been banned so far out of 15 accounts.

Good to know. I lost 3 accounts I got from a krono trade. Haven't tried the keyshop.

Re: Banned for "chargebacks" after buying kronos here. unknown seller so can't post s

More than likely he got them from Gaoping_games or whatever from PA as did many of us.

OR that could be the same guy. No idea. I noticed a lot of people leaving negative feedback on Gaoping_Games store page so they must be the person/people behind nearly every key.

yeah well I am totally fucked, I bought keys, I waited over 45 days a pop to make sure there were no chargebacks, but yeah this blows so freaking bad! I cannot believe how many accounts I just lost! And I have no idea what to do about ones I sold yet.

- - - Updated - - -

some of the keys have been on accounts for MONTHS that just got banned?

yeah well I am totally fucked, I bought keys, I waited over 45 days a pop to make sure there were no chargebacks, but yeah this blows so freaking bad! I cannot believe how many accounts I just lost! And I have no idea what to do about ones I sold yet.

I did something similar to you, I bought 6 keys and put them on accounts i barely cared about. They went a month with no issues. So I bought keys for about half of my box team, about 30 characters last night.

I was literally setting up to PL all weekend for double XP. Was gonna get everyone 105 when the bans started hitting.

More than likely he got them from Gaoping_games or whatever from PA as did many of us.

OR that could be the same guy. No idea. I noticed a lot of people leaving negative feedback on Gaoping_Games store page so they must be the person/people behind nearly every key.

I got mine from Heymilan on PA. He is also currently getting negative feedback on them.

Ima leave my banned toons in-game KA-ing. I wonder how long it will take them to notice... Maybe I can use them to PL new accts. Now if only I could find some cheap heroic keys.

I've lost about 12 accts now, but only 6 or 7 really matter.

** EDIT ** I can only imagine your troubles Raz. Well, no, I can't imagine. But I feel your pain bra. And you know what's really funny? I never "claimed" the accounts that came from you so YOU got the emails LOLOL! Ok, perhaps not funny, but the irony isn't lost on me...

After loosing 3 of my tops accounts, This tbm thing i took a chance on has just handed me my retirement from EQ.

I got mine from Heymilan on PA. He is also currently getting negative feedback on them.

I forgot about that guy. I noticed they were very similar and would run similar deals.. i.e. 4 TBM keys. Sometimes Gaoping would be cheaper and sometimes Heymilan. I always used Gaoping. Probably the same person/people running them if I had to guess.

I got hit hard - Lost 5 10+ year old main accounts - They seem deleted. Had made a ticket , but now the info Ive had for years isn't working.

Yep what I am noticing also. It seems like they have deleted the accounts as it does not show anything about being banned. It just says Wrong user/PW now. I tried to make a new account with one of the emails I used originally which worked but when I tried to login with it it did the same thing like I didn't even make a new account. Im guessing if you are going to make a new account you will have to use a new email ( which would obviously be the best thing to do)

so if we snagged a code we will get banned? whats up with that?

I'm guessing that their login at their website is being hammered bloody, or bloody hammered, so it might be premature to assume what we are seeing tonight is what we will see tomorrow or after... But I concur, it looks right now as if any reference to a banned account appears to have never existed.

I might point out that heroic keys are being banned, without TBM keys, I know cause I have some H's without TBM that are banned. Some are saying its only TBM keys, but they are wrong.

I have one sole account with no keys whatsoever, that is attached to an email addy that is full of bans, that still works. So in that one case it is not across the board for an email addy.

*** EDIT *** And I too used Heymilan on PA. I never used anyone else. I wondered if he was the same bloke as that Gaoping.

true. I wouldn't mind them just removing TBM/the heroic characters as I play on Phini anyway. Hopefully they come up with a decent plan for tomorrow. If not I guess I'll be in the market for an account.

Yep what I am noticing also. It seems like they have deleted the accounts as it does not show anything about being banned. It just says Wrong user/PW now. I tried to make a new account with one of the emails I used originally which worked but when I tried to login with it it did the same thing like I didn't even make a new account. Im guessing if you are going to make a new account you will have to use a new email ( which would obviously be the best thing to do)

They didn't delete them, I have been banned for transferring a large amount of kronos between accounts before and when I tried to login to daybreaks website I got "Wrong Username/Password" error too. Fret not, your accounts are still there.

Add me to the list 7 out of 10 accounts revoked for charge backs - all had aftermarket TBM codes purchased for them - the other 3 accounts which were not all had normal TBM upgrades.

You moved my post regarding my ban to "hail a fire beetle" from the bazaar forum but you did not remove the guy's post that's still selling the codes. There is currently no info on the bazaar forum to stop unsuspecting people from buying the codes that will get them banned. Would be nice if you could put something there.

Only my main account is banned, with all my main toons. Not cool at all. Purchased mine from Gnomepuntz here on RG....

Just be patient people, and realize no one set out to scam anyone, well maybe the original seller of the cd keys. But people traded them in good conscience. If I trade you 2mil in game for a Krono and the Krono is bad and I get banned that is bullshit. Give this a few days to shake out and let the media storm commence...

Redguides is absolutely against credit card chargebacks and scams. If anyone on this site was directly scamming DBG for cd-keys, they will be banned.

Lost 5 vet gold accounts, some 15 y/o. All hard banned.

Perhaps possible that having bought Krono has done this too? Might be worth hanging fire on your forum purchases for now if that's the case.

This is a such a shame for all involved. I've put a lot of work into those accounts and have no option of logging in to contact support.

I hope they overturn the decision or at least give people a second chance to make up the difference, as I'm sure a lot of folk unknowingly bought kronos/expacs that were sourced by stolen cards.

This will surely be the end of my time in EQ if there's no comeback.

I never considered krono being the involved... Anyone remember any of the previous ban waves? Were any of them this big? Was there an avenue of recourse? I never paid attn but wish I had...

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back