• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.
Resource icon

Software RGManager (beta) discussion (1 Viewer) v1.3.1.0

'm having crazy problems. It locks up when I'm loading Macroquest and so I exit out then when I exit out I can't open it with the icon. I just click and nothing happens. So I have to reload it just to get back to zero.

Closed RG Manager.
Relaunched discord.
Attempted to relaunch the crashed eq-session resulted in another crash of discord and one more eq-session ctd.

Conclusion: memory management corrupted.
Decided to reboot pc.

After reboot anything seems back to normal.
Glad to hear it worked out! :)

There is however an issue with new installs causing downloads to fail. I am pushing a fix up for this right now!

As always, let me know if anything goes on! Even if it wasn't necessarily related to RGManager this time around, it's always good to be cautious in-case it potentially is! So I appreciate the report. :)

If I'm having problems getting into some of the plugins like AutoGroup and Autologin will this help me?
RGManager is strictly for downloading, updating and managing resources accessed through RedGuides. If you're having an issue with those individual resources, it's best to reach out on their respective discussion page(s) (AutoGroup, AutoLogin). If all else fails, you can always attempt to reach out to the creator of the resource in a PM! With that being said, it's unlikely RGManager will fix the issues you're having with independent resources.

'm having crazy problems. It locks up when I'm loading Macroquest and so I exit out then when I exit out I can't open it with the icon. I just click and nothing happens. So I have to reload it just to get back to zero.
RGManager locks up when launching MacroQuest through RGManager or just in general? Is it just RGManager having this issue, or are other applications locking up as well?

Last edited:
RGManager is strictly for downloading, updating and managing resources accessed through RedGuides. If you're having an issue with those individual resources, it's best to reach out on their respective discussion page(s) (AutoGroup, AutoLogin). If all else fails, you can always attempt to reach out to the creator of the resource in a PM! With that being said, it's unlikely RGManager will fix the issues you're having with independent resources.

RGManager locks up when launching MacroQuest through RGManager or just in general? Is it just RGManager having this issue, or are other applications locking up as well?
Nope it's just locking up on the install. And refusing to reopen when I close it. It lets me get back to other resources but I haven't really tried that as they are all in game things.

Nope it's just locking up on the install. And refusing to reopen when I close it. It lets me get back to other resources but I haven't really tried that as they are all in game things.
It definitely was an issue with RGManager in this case, there was a problem with fresh installs with 1.2.3.0

1.2.4.0 addressed this issue and it should be resolved upon updating to the most recent version!

If you are still having issues launching RGManager, make sure all instances of ResourceHandler & RGManager are closed in your Task Manager then attempt launching again. This should resolve any mutex issues being caused by any broken versions that could potentially be hanging.

Now every issue I stated is resolved. Thanks very much. But I can't launch MQ I press Launch MQ and nothing happens. I have to save besides that this is a really impressive piece of work. Thanks for sharing.

Now every issue I stated is resolved. Thanks very much. But I can't launch MQ I press Launch MQ and nothing happens. I have to save besides that this is a really impressive piece of work. Thanks for sharing.
Does MQ happen to already be running, if it is that could be why! Check if any instances of MQ are still running and, if not, let me know and I can look in to it!

Thanks for the kind words, sorry about the issues you originally faced that was a bug on my end! If anything else goes wrong don't hesitate to reach out! :)

Does MQ happen to already be running, if it is that could be why! Check if any instances of MQ are still running and, if not, let me know and I can look in to it!

Thanks for the kind words, sorry about the issues you originally faced that was a bug on my end! If anything else goes wrong don't hesitate to reach out! :)
Duh hahaha that is a typical Rob thing sorry. Nice resource really nice.

Ionis updated RGManager (beta) with a new update entry:

v1.3.0.0: Resource Update Checking & Bug Fixes

New:
-There is now a togglable in the Application Settings that allows users to configure auto-checking for existing resource updates!
-New Console Command: checkforupdates added. This forces a check for updates over the current existing resources (& associated grids).

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed an issue with pagination where, if the minimum record was smaller than the page length, page count could potentially go negative when moving to a previous...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the next update is the maps page.

This will need more dedicated time for sure so expect it in the next 2-3 weeks.

In the mean time, if you have any issues, suggestions or need help with anything don't hesitate to reach out! :)

Software RGManager (beta) discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back