• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - When Playing BST as Main/Driver (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,336¢
I have one more group comp question I would like to ask. It's in regards to when I'm maining/playing/driving my BST. What would you surround the BST with to give him his best ? I don't really need it to be a full group for this situation. A solid 4 would be fine. Classes that help the BST but can also thrive ok when F2P would be most ideal.

BST/BRD + 2 more

What would you use? Mage/Necro ? rogue/zerker Mage/Shm?

If you really wanna drive a Bst then go necro/ench/mage. Necro for dots and rezes, Ench for mana regen and CC, and mage for DPS and utility. Shaman also if you wanna work around with it but the no combat rezzing screwed me in the past so I just stuck with a cleric instead since bst buffs are similar if not as powerful as a shammy. Just be warry of enchanters since your pet will not engage mezzed mobs.

I used to do BST + BRD with Tank & Healer mercs for the longest time. And I enjoyed it.
Eventually I switched out the tank merc for a rogue merc and just my bst pet as tank, which works really great.
But I found that when I reached TOV/TOL, mobs were so unforgiving and 1 add would sometimes make me splat before I could even get a mez off.

I've never played a tank but I decided to add an SK. And once I did Progression/Questing/Grinding, infact my whole playtime was suddenly alot more fun. Obviously I had alot of fun before aswell, otherwise I wouldnt be playing.
With a tank in the group I cut down alot of time that went to planning splits/pulls. Instead I could just fire off a defensive disk, pull the 2-3 mobs and either tank them or mez them. Everything is so more efficient for me now.

I still love my bst the most, and I understand the wanting to drive from it. But I just wanted to give you some perspective from another former BST driver.

When I came back to EQ after a 17 year break initially, I wanted to drive on my MNK. I was adamant about it. After many posts, and conversations on Discord, I saw the error in my ways and switched to a Tank driver. Never looked back. Never regretted the decision. In fact, it truly was one of the better decisions I made.

I chose SHD as well as my tank driver. I started out as a solo MNK. Added a SHM same day. The next day added SHD/CLR/BRD/ROG. Ran that combo until 105 or so when the SHM could start to shine as a solo healer. I dropped the CLR in favor of a BST. Long story short and getting back on point...Tank driver is the key to success in this game. I even tried to keep SHD in camp and MNK pulled. Too complicated. Drive and control on tank and have fun!

My 2cents.

Discussion - When Playing BST as Main/Driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back