• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rangers - why so unpopular? (1 Viewer)

rangers are pretty unimportant outside buffing and auspice they aren't enough adps/dps to put into a actual dps group on raids.just put like 5 of them in a group tell them to survive and hit auspice every time it is down lol.
real talk i love rangers but god are they in such a bad spot character wise.they are the lowest dps outside bards of the 'melee' toons and have a lower general burst than even the weaker casters.they honestly need to do what they did to the zerkers and lower pureshots cooldown for them to have any chance in the current eq landscape

rangers are pretty unimportant outside buffing and auspice they aren't enough adps/dps to put into a actual dps group on raids.just put like 5 of them in a group tell them to survive and hit auspice every time it is down lol.
real talk i love rangers but god are they in such a bad spot character wise.they are the lowest dps outside bards of the 'melee' toons and have a lower general burst than even the weaker casters.they honestly need to do what they did to the zerkers and lower pureshots cooldown for them to have any chance in the current eq landscape
The good (or bad) news depending on your perspective is that a decent ranger can run circles around other DPS classes that are slacking, so rangers are still much better off than clerics and enchanters who are pretty meh all around no matter how hard the player is trying.

The good (or bad) news depending on your perspective is that a decent ranger can run circles around other DPS classes that are slacking, so rangers are still much better off than clerics and enchanters who are pretty meh all around no matter how hard the player is trying.
i mean this is some what true but a good enchanter is more valuable than a good ranger.clerics are the worst class in the game rn
i was comparing rangers to other actual dps classes not support classes

Question - Rangers - why so unpopular?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back