• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Most hated class? (1 Viewer)

What class do you hate the most?

• Total voters
You breaking 2mm dps? Nope. You also like casters and frankly my melee do 3x-4x dps compared to group game on average. Granted I'm raid gear but it's hard to take that aspect seriously. Nothing wrong with way you want to play - but from a min max casters are dead weight these days.
every class but cleric smashes 2m dps lols5-6 mill is the normal break point between melee and casters rn

You breaking 2mm dps? Nope. You also like casters and frankly my melee do 3x-4x dps compared to group game on average. Granted I'm raid gear but it's hard to take that aspect seriously. Nothing wrong with way you want to play - but from a min max casters are dead weight these days.
I want to duel this fella. Who seems to know what I'm doing better than I do. Well thinks he does.

every class but cleric smashes 2m dps lols5-6 mill is the normal break point between melee and casters rn

Not automated. Love to see a wiz or ench or mage for that matter hit 5m dps regularly on just plugins/KA. Automated caster groups, even in NOS t2 raid gear, take 23-27 seconds on LS mobs. Melee? 13...

I wanna know who the 3 guys who voted for Shaman are? So I can kick them in the jimmy and stop them from ever procreating.

Not automated. Love to see a wiz or ench or mage for that matter hit 5m dps regularly on just plugins/KA. Automated caster groups, even in NOS t2 raid gear, take 23-27 seconds on LS mobs. Melee? 13...
A game you don't want to play with me is whose the better killer?

Let's take it to a PVP server. If this were UO 25 years ago I'd not only kill you I'd loot your ass clean. The difference is I actually have close to 60 toons and 40 in raid gear and I'm talking waning gibbous or better. You just like to hear yourself talk. I'd still rather have an Enchanter for CC than A Bard. A Bard is really only good for an all melee group. They are limited in my opinion. Of course saying that I now have 6 Bard accounts.

Let's take it to a PVP server. If this were UO 25 years ago I'd not only kill you I'd loot your ass clean. The difference is I actually have close to 60 toons and 40 in raid gear and I'm talking waning gibbous or better. You just like to hear yourself talk. I'd still rather have an Enchanter for CC than A Bard. A Bard is really only good for an all melee group. They are limited in my opinion. Of course saying that I now have 6 Bard accounts.

PVP is pointless. I have 72 in max NOS t2 and LS weapons.

And who needs cc? I don’t even have mez turned on my bard. I Just tank them.

And ench only is Better than bard for burst in caster. Bard will out sustain ench even for casters.

It wouldn't be my first corpse run. LOL But I'm pretty handy in a duel at least I used to be I dbout if I have dueled anyone in 20 years. Has anyone dueled anyone in 20 years?
Blackwhisper and I are tied 1-1 currently with each other.
Do we really need to start swinging the number of raid geared toons argument around? Because the answer is 108 NOS+ raid geared....

It Crowd Popcorn GIF

I know but that guy is full of shit and makes me want to pull out my own fingernails. I've been trolled all week for some reason.

You are just very brash in all your posts. But respond negatively when somebody is as blunt. It's not shit it's rather easy to have nos t2 - it's cheap. LS weapons aren't but worth the spend. And we've already shown how you didn't quite understand some intricacies of the game such as with bards. No raid geared caster group will touch a melee group in the game. It's not even close.

And since you mentioned TOL t1 raid geared (which isn't really raid gear at this point) thats half the issue.

I'm a TLP player... never tried the deeper game... but unless something WILDLY changes later on, there's no denying a bard in a group is a huge benefit. Admittedly I also focus on melee DPS, so maybe its less a boost to casters.

That being said, I've never seen casters truly keep up with melee. Even with OOC regen, the fact they have to med and just do nothing for a while just means they fall behind a melee who can always keep swinging.

I actually have a special spot for chanters... its a class I like and I get a real satisfaction turning a big pull into a casual fight. The mezzed mobs forced to just stand there and watch their friends die, one by one.

But as my overall toons got better, the sheer DPS and tankiness meant CC just wasn't needed.

Rogue is my least favorite class.
Their utility is mostly worthless and they don't seem to come out well enough in dps to justify this.
I'm guessing they are also the weakest chain solo class.
It's perhaps for these reasons not many people play them much past the first 3 expansions.

p.s.
It seems like DB could merge the cleric and druid classes into 1 so more people actually wanted to play it. Wear leather or plate ornaments for appearance - up to you.
Clerics are boring and druids can be too weak on heals to get group invites.

Last edited:
i personally dislike wizards they always spam the tl non stop after every encounter then i accidently /yes and take the tl when i was using /yes to loot loot given to my box

Discussion - Most hated class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back