• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Commenting inside the kiss .ini (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,804¢
Whenever I switch between grouping and afk I find myself doing a lot of changes to my ini's. My question is, is there a way to comment certain things out so I can add them again easily?

Example below is my usual tanking buff profile on my SK. Example 1. He casts Steadfast Stance, Grelleth's Skin, and Voice of Thule when I tank. When I am dps'ing instead it would be nice to comment those 3 things out so I don't have to rewrite them the next time I am tanking. Example 2 shows what I mean.

Example 1.
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Call of Gloomhaze
Buffs2=Shroud of the Darksworn
Buffs3=Falhotep's Covenant
Buffs4=Zombie Skin
Buffs5=Grelleth's Horror
Buffs6=Grelleth's Skin
Buffs7=Drape of the Fallen
Buffs8=Ring of Stolen Graves
Buffs9=Steadfast Stance
Buffs10=Darkened Flowing Black Silk Sash
Buffs11=Voice of Thule|Me

Example 2.
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Call of Gloomhaze
Buffs2=Shroud of the Darksworn
Buffs3=Falhotep's Covenant
Buffs4=Zombie Skin
Buffs5=Grelleth's Horror
Buffs6=|COMMENTED OUT|Grelleth's Skin
Buffs7=Drape of the Fallen
Buffs8=Ring of Stolen Graves
Buffs9=|COMMENTED OUT|Steadfast Stance
Buffs10=Darkened Flowing Black Silk Sash
Buffs11=|COMMENTED OUT|Voice of Thule|Me

what situation would you solely be using the SK for dpsing? if you are actually grouping/raiding with other people I would suggest actually playing your character, as things that continue to be exactly the same can show people you are using MQ

like always being behind the mob/ returning to the same spot where you started from... little stuff like that shows signs of MQ after awhile.

No worries Akatora, I work at a fire station and occasionally have to go afk when we catch an emergency call. I group with real life friends and they understand if I am afk and still kicking ass lol.

As an alternative or if you want to be Mr. FancyPants, there is another method. For my ini macros, i just use ${If[]} and either a variable or a situation. I would imagine that would work with KISS as well because it parses the ini when it accesses it. What do I mean? Saying I only want to use your commented out stuff on SK if I am maintank:

Buffs6=|COMMENTED OUT|Grelleth's Skin
to:
Buffs6=${If[${Group.MainTank.ID}==${Me.ID},Grelleth's Skin,]}

Buffs11=Voice of Thule|Me
to:
Buffs11=${If[${Group.MainTank.ID}==${Me.ID},Voice of Thule|Me,]}

Anyway, it should work and you could give it a whirl for other situations since this one seems easily solved via Maskoi's suggestion.

But your DPS total, etc could vary based on how many group members you have or if you are a raid or whatever floats your boat. You can also just have a variable created/set.
Say you want 10 DPS if you are in a raid, but only 5 in a group:
(i think it is DPSTotal, i forget)
[DPS]
DpsTotal=${If[${Raid.Members},10,5]}

Anyway, food for thought rather than relying on multiple INIs.

Question - Commenting inside the kiss .ini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back