• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Finding offsets question(s) (1 Viewer)

()===D====>

RedCents
What I don't understand is the 9090 / NOP thing. Can someone please give me a little bit of a clue when it comes to this?

And when do you use the jump calculator?

normal0 is the hex that comes right after the address, you put a space between bytes though. Crack0 is what you want to change those to. So for example in the line (which is part of no current offset for docrack)

Rich (BB code):
:00416D18   756E   jne 00416D8

The address is 416D18 and the normal is "75 6E"

In normal0, all you have to do is put a space between every two numbers after the address.

The normal0 in
Rich (BB code):
:00416D18   [highlight]756E[/highlight]   jne 00416D88
is 75 6E. All you do is put a space between every two numbers/letters.

As for the crack...

the crack is what you need to change the normal to.

90 = no op
EB = jump unconditionaly
74 = jump is values are equal
75 = jump if values are not equal

Ok, not sure how in depth you want to get here, but here goes. The normal and the cracks are basically assembly code. In your example
Rich (BB code):
address=xxxxxxxx
normal0="0F 85 8D 01 00 00"
immediately follows a test. The first part of this normal is the assembly command, i.e. 0F = Jump near if above. The rest of the line is how far in memory you are going to jump. Since the assmebly code for no opperation is 90,
Rich (BB code):
crack0="90 90 90 90 90 90"
is going to negate the outcome of the test it just did. So that jump will never be taken, i.e. you won't be encumbered.

Well, lets go with a current offset.

I found
Rich (BB code):
[Follow NPC]
Offset=471577
but not the rest.

Cade came along and saved the day with
Rich (BB code):
[Follow-NPC]
Description="Auto-follow NPCs"
Version="2005.09.21"
address0=471577