• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

A sticky mess! (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
89,026¢
Pronouns
He/Him
There are way too many stickies in the EQ section. I'm open to ideas on how to clean them up.

Sticky: Tradeskill Macros
Sticky: Exp Macros
Sticky: Pre-Compiled Plugins
Sticky: Powerleveling Guides
Sticky: Afk Bard Macros
Sticky: Ect Ect

And so on....and lock the threads so they dont get too big.

I would suggest making a sub forum for plugins and compiles, and nother for macros. That way cheats forum can have cheats posted, and if they are a plugin or macro, move them to the appropriate forum.

My 2 cents.

N

Briefly looking through the massive list of all the stickies; an idea popped into my head-- What if you created a new folder INSIDE EQ1 Strategies & Cheats called something like-

Stickied Macro
Stickied Pre-Compiled Plugins
Sticking Miscellaneous

Something so it's NOT as crowded.. idk, just a quick suggestion

Cheers!

Sooner or later someone is going to suggest a Plugin and Macro Development forum, so I might as well start that ball rolling.

Hrmm, on second thought, it just needs to be in a few more categories. Exploits and Cheats should actually have a subfolder for Plugins and Macros separately, maybe even an additional Macro Development and a Plugin Development forum for those to share their ideas - and not have them stolen by other RG members -...General cheats and exploits should be in that forum. News is fine. EQ1Guides...well, that's ok I guess. Questions and Requests should stay the same. EQ1Nerfed the same.

Mostly I see a lot of posts that are repetitive and there just needs to be a bit of consolidation.

nijhal said:
Sticky: Tradeskill Macros
Sticky: Exp Macros
Sticky: Pre-Compiled Plugins
Sticky: Powerleveling Guides
Sticky: Afk Bard Macros
Sticky: Ect Ect

I like this idea.

I'm against adding new forums because I believe a forum exists to be posted in several times every day. If it's not being used daily, I want it merged.

Redbot said:
I like this idea.

I'm against adding new forums because I believe a forum exists to be posted in several times every day. If it's not being used daily, I want it merged.

All you'd need was one subforum for having the former stickies in, where you couldn't post. And if you ahead and use the entire sticky system with one thread that links to several, you should make sure it's kept updated, unlike the guide section.

A sticky mess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back