• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

n00b questions about MQ2map (1 Viewer)

abitugly

RedCents
I have looked all over the forum so i wouldn't be asking a question that has been answered and found nothing.

That being said, here is a newb question for ya. What exactly does the "#" stand for in front of certain mobs. Yes i have seen that it marks named mobs, but it also marks non agro mobs that are not named, and ones that dont even have a capitol letter.

Thx for the help. :)

heh, that doesn't really help... i can see the obvious. I guess i'm asking if there is any hidden reason behind it ..like if the mob has major quest drops on it, or part of a quest, or if the mob is significant in any way, and what way.

Actually it marks mobs that EQ sends as being named. If you're in COA, you'll notice that the raid mobs Ture, Jelvan, AMV, etc are marked as #Ture, #Jelvan, #Arch Magus Vangl, etc. However, when the aug droppers pop, it is simply Vilria the Keeper, Grenlok the Converter, etc, as opposed to #Vilria the Keeper, #Grenlok the Converter, etc. However, the aug dropper PH's are considered named #Lightning Stormer Commander. The system is kinda fugged up to say the least, knowing EQ and SOE, there probably actually is no system....

n00b questions about MQ2map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back