• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

The next Official Redguides Contest will be... (1 Viewer)

Creed

RedCents
whatever the members want it to be!

This thread will be open until 28 Feb, for all members to give suggestions/ideas for a contest they would like to see. Anything goes here, I will pick the idea that I like the most, or combine a few ideas, or take an idea and put my own twist to it...and the new contest will be announced on 1 March.

If I pick your idea you get a custom title, if you already have a custom title then I'll give you some free access or something.

Let the ideas flow!

cool idea Creed...

Off the top of my head, im thinking of something like...

A sig contest or an avatar contest...

The best and most creative signature and or avatar would be fun to be a part of.

Allow groups of 3 to form and apply for the contest for each game. For each game, an objective is formed to accomplish something, such as making a macro to accomplish some objective...whatever would apply to the game itself. The objective would be decided on a poll each month and the winners could be decided on a vote much like we do now, except without allowing people to vote twice.

Only reason I put groups of 3 was because that would allow people that might not have the skills needed could participate in some other way, for example finding locations for a waypoint.ini to be included in a macro.

the only problem with that is that it is biased towards people who know how to do specific things...90+% of redguides probably doesn't know how to code...

(i know you were just giving an example...but could you think of one that would be fair to everyone?...the contests are meant for everyone so they have to be doable by everyone)

I know, I know!

kotteropc.jpg

Who can write the worst Free Access Submission!

(by 'worst' I mean funniest)

Creed said:
the only problem with that is that it is biased towards people who know how to do specific things...90+% of redguides probably doesn't know how to code...

(i know you were just giving an example...but could you think of one that would be fair to everyone?...the contests are meant for everyone so they have to be doable by everyone)

Read:
darkeros said:
Only reason I put groups of 3 was because that would allow people that might not have the skills needed could participate in some other way, for example finding locations for a waypoint.ini to be included in a macro.

My idea of a contest would be like the contests we've had so far that would better the community, not just to have a contest for a contest's sake. If that's not what you're thinking of, then that's cool too. But, if you are having a contest to better the community it's always going to be biased to someone.

A cool contest would be to go to an unfrequented zone and get yourself drunk to the max where your vision gets all streaky and then take a screenshot. Do this in 10 or 20 zones and then post the pictures here. The person that can identify the most zones wins. In case of a tie have some random selection. People can submit PM's of what zones they think the pictures came from.

Gildon said:
A cool contest would be to go to an unfrequented zone and get yourself drunk to the max where your vision gets all streaky and then take a screenshot. Do this in 10 or 20 zones and then post the pictures here. The person that can identify the most zones wins. In case of a tie have some random selection. People can submit PM's of what zones they think the pictures came from.

ooh..i like that idea...i can do it in wow, and i can have an eq person do it for me in eq...;)

Hmm, the avatar and signature thing is good, but I think I like the screenshot idea more lol.

Yeah that picture idea is great! Maybe to go further on it, whoever submits the picture has to write a funny story to go along with it about how they got there, how drunk they were, where they got drunk, etc. That way, we have reading material to go with the pretty pictures! Maybe the stories could have some clues in them as to where they are.

"I was sitting in a pub, drinking Blackburrow Stout and trying my best to get (female NPC name from a particular bar) to go home with me. Unfortunately, I was the only person involved with low inhibitions. After a few whacks from her Fine Steel Great Staff and a few more Stouts, I wandered here. The last thing I saw before passing out in front of Guard (insert name here) was a diseased rat laughing at my sorry ass."

Thanks!

By the way, Creed, I have to pick on you for a second..

Have you ever thought about becoming a judge for American Idol? If Simon ever quits you could be his replacement!I bet it would go something like this...

Trailer Trash 400 pound girl in about 2 square feet of clothing thinking she is sexy and can sing - "I'm a genie in a bottle you gotta rub me the right way.."

Creed - "That was quite possibly the most painful experience, visually and orally, that I have ever had to go through... Not Accepted."

PetahGriffin said:
Thanks!

By the way, Creed, I have to pick on you for a second..

Have you ever thought about becoming a judge for American Idol? If Simon ever quits you could be his replacement!I bet it would go something like this...

Trailer Trash 400 pound girl in about 2 square feet of clothing thinking she is sexy and can sing - "I'm a genie in a bottle you gotta rub me the right way.."

Creed - "That was quite possibly the most painful experience, visually and orally, that I have ever had to go through... Not Accepted."

that was awesome...i'll have to apply...he's leaving after the '07 season right?

think i should start really telling people what I think of their submissions?...as it stands rightn ow i'm usually very held back and nice!;)

LOL Yes! At least for the people that are just purely stupid. Someone who tried but just didnt cut it shouldnt be ridiculed too much, but someone like that ./me guy, or Explor3r or some of the other complete fools deserve to be CUT DOWN.

i would just like to say, i love smokinhot's avater :) and if u doing a guild name how about the forsaken prophets? i made one on my server once, we had about 100 lvl 60's we owned. then i moved to allience :D

and ss44's sig :D thats cool too :cool:

i still like 'Annex'...and always will...(plus i have a domain name for it already...lol)

it's all up to everyone else..all two of you at the moment...lol

i said from the start i don't want to be a real leader in this guild...i don't have the time required for that...so the name doesn't really interest me in the least to be honest

RedBema said:
Zap had a good idea Creed...

A guild name for our new Alliance Guild...

Something catchy and powerful sounding...

MINE! MINE! That was MY Idea!

...or Zap's. Could have been Zap's...

Skep, u better stop "quadposting" or erol-tob will curse you out...

He accused me of it earlier...go figure...

Just kidding man, he just popped me off earlier when he said that crud...

um, teacherspet u turned all soppy? also redbema you WERE quadposting earlier :P enough of that, i like annex although it sounds like a second hand cloths store i see a lot of promise, think about it, your walking along the road from menethil and you see a NE riding an epic, he stops says hi, you wave back you note his name "Berox" nothing special there, but you look south a little to see in great shining letters, the mighty "Annex" wow you think to your self, what a great guild name i want to join i want to be part of this 'revolution' <--(also a good name for a guild) you /w "berox" and say "hey dude, can i join your guild" he /r "m8 grow a few more levels and your a sure hitter" you /r back "wow thx dude, your the best" he /r ";D".

Now thats one convo that will stick with you, and all because of 'Annex'.

btw your on an american server right? if so someoen please mention how to change my settings if i can (atm i'm on sylvanas EU)

Contest ideas:

1. RL photo Contest - you give a topic ... everyone posts an image (hosted else where only) the funniest or worst one (depends what you want) wins. Photo can be found on the net or one the person took themselves

This could also be reused over and over

2. 4 line poem contest - you give topic ... Everyone posts a poem thats only 4 lines long ... doesn't take a college degree to do this contest 8-)

3. Art contest - USING only MS paint (standard on most computers) - you give a topic - each contestant does their best picasso rendition of the topic - leaves lots of room for interpretation - 8-)

4. boggle word scramble contest - you give a bunch of letters - and see who can come up with the most complete list of words - ..... even the people who are gonna use some type of cheating are gonna have to work at this one .. he he

5. Math problem contest - get some hard calculus type equations and see how many can get the right answer

ok there are my contributions

Army

i can get the rest of them, but whats the point in math? its just obvious that i'd win ><. but seriously the others are good ideas cause u could base them on WoW or EQ something like that. for instance;

there once was a troll who was bored
so he went and fought for the horde
one day he came home sat on thralls throne
and now hes a great mighty lord. :D

How bout a text about what you did in day in WoW/EQ/EQ2 which can be joined by screenshots. It can be about the "Funniest/Weirdest/Just a normal day in WoW/EQ/EQ2"

RedBema said:
cool idea Creed...

Off the top of my head, im thinking of something like...

A sig contest or an avatar contest...

The best and most creative signature and or avatar would be fun to be a part of.
I like the sig idea!

(Mainly because I newly discovered some of the finer points of using Adobe Photoshop.) :p

Maybe have a treaure hunt....Red posts the first clue on here and we go to where ever it is in the game and pick it up and then PM Red, with who has it and info that its required...then we get PM'ed the next clue....so on and so forth until the hunt is over. And the winner has to prove that he has all of the items on the treasure hunt list with a screen shot.

i'd post the code for every single part of MQ if we did the "worst free access submission" thing

The next Official Redguides Contest will be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back