• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Daybreak Warning on 3rd Party "Cheat" Programs (1 Viewer)

Notice to anyone selling active hacks or spreading them around, please fucking stop! There is a reason Vanilla exits, it is safe, it is accepted it is the work of a lot of dedicated people working from a place of passion for a game we love! So please, refrain from pissing in our fucking swimming pool! It was a long hard road to get them to leave us MQ2ers alone and let us play. Walk across a God Damn zone and quit your warping, you're being tracked and you will get caught and you risk us all for you saving 6 seconds, so please just be content with the awesomeness that Vanilla gives you! Your Integrity will remain Intact!

Walk across a God Damn zone and quit your warping, you're being tracked and you will get caught and you risk us all for you saving 6 seconds, so please just be content with the awesomeness that Vanilla gives you! Your Integrity will remain Intact!

Use mq2easyfind and let mq2 walk across the zone for you while you bask in how amazing it is!

been asked by a GM in the last few weeks, but was at keyboard so no ban and never stopped pulling.... he said "hi are you there", I said "nope, I am an imaginary creature like a unicorn only fatter, so I guess a narwhale" he said have a nice day....

been asked by a GM in the last few weeks, but was at keyboard so no ban and never stopped pulling.... he said "hi are you there", I said "nope, I am an imaginary creature like a unicorn only fatter, so I guess a narwhale" he said have a nice day....

That's great! I am always there to respond myself. Might change my settings to not pause. Was it on the toon that was pulling or just one of your random toons?

one of many toons, they were just checking to see if I was at keyboard, that's the rules. I never stopped pulling mobs as it was over in 1 question, he left and I continued to enjoy my game

Mule is busy, we work him like an old Missouri Mule after a patch day.... if something was wrong you would not have a vanilla up and running...

First off, ILY folks. Devs, admin and peers. Those who know Maskoi will BAN YOUR ASS if you mess with the rules.

IMHO, it seems that they {DBG}must be implying to the Truebox servers. If they are to target groups using warps hacks and afkbots that would be a smaller percentage of users across all compiles and 3rd party users. they will NOT release an ok to use and not ok to use list.

#1 they have a handshake with our community. IF they were to say its acceptable flat out, that would be "promoting? and I am sure that will never happen.

#2 they may make a list of features simply not accepted and leave the rest for interpretation.

#3 the majority of people I speak to are 2-6 boxers. and 9/10 times the one off person I met would be a "oh I just logged on to do such and things, let me get on my main, and alt alt whatever. you know and just in that example:

Here I am a numbers person more than writing so lets make and example X is full 6 boxers and Y is 2-3 boxer

now lets say one server (S) is 2000 players on at this one time (active not including traders) but lets say that X=50 or 15% of the server>> 300 individuals BOXING 6<<< {50}> X=10*$90<< and 20% "hack" {10) people * 15 each mo * 6

X=(-900$)
Y=(-2100)
S/.5=-x-y >>>950 players left and -3000$/ mo PLUS the reduced Quality of life on that server. (people would move servers, quit, and the eq universe would doo doo on itself... so to speak.

Y=70 may be a higher percent, lets say .35 (yes I am making a drastic assumption that this server is 50% made up of boxers and MOST boxers use something GINA, MQ, ISBoxer, or whatever ) 700 toons, lets just assume these are 2 boxers all that is 350 players MULTIBOX not "Hack" 20% likely 3rd party users, THAT IS 70 IP addresses @ 2 * 15 that is 2100 a month from those 70 and so 2000 toons - 70 IPs 2100, 50 IPs 4500, 6600 $ a MONTH lost revenue for DBG on ONE server of 2000 ACCOUNTS banning 120 users would reduce the server nearly in half obviously this is an extreme but you can imaging the monumental ramifications across all servers.

there is no way in hell the boxers arnt buying DBCash for potions and stuff.... ya, this would kill everquest, and the publicity would kill DBG. you know someone will post some harsh social media , then all the other games take a dive, and suprize

DOMINOS, DBG has to sell, recall their ruling (and ya you ban someone you ass better come back strong with spicing up the pot to get them to agree to be a PAYING CUSTOMER and OFFER BETTER Customer service (like a faaaking call center number as well as live chat always! in game customer service (if they can cross server they can rig up a T2T server center to have "GM" Customer service techs to help.

All I am saying is, people being stupid in open populated zones on camps that are high traffic using afk bots and being there days at a time even if those people are again 25% of the X and Y folks come on. Rest easy if Maskoi doesn't BAN HAMMER YOUR ASS TO THE WALL, because you are not violating our community rules, and not on True box servers, we will be fine for business as usual.

Regardless, I have so much respect for the DEVs and Community, I will be forever a supporter, member, and working toward contributor so with that I leave you with this:

Stay Calm and MQ2=On.
:)

Re: New Daybreak Warning on 3rd Party &amp;quot;Cheat&amp;quot; Programs

if you guys are really that RETARDED?

HI,

https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/everhack-for-tlp-servers-agnarr-coirnav-phinigel.65924/

this is the reason.

- - - Updated - - -

its on our forums, its posted everywhere. and its on fucking youtube.

I really am that retarded. I never go to Ectunnel so I had no idea that thing existed. The Admins over at EcTunnel/Redguides are fucking retarded for allowing this. Every single Admin that didn't delete that thread when they had a chance is also retarded.

I said I wasn't going to make any posts about this issue because it's pretty obvious to me why it's happening (I said this was going to happen in the MQ2 going public post if we didn't remove the MQ2 hacks). Then I saw that thread.

On one hand Eqmule tells Daybreak that he has no control over the hacks MQ2 has and that Very Vanilla doesn't allow hacks/cheats. Then on the other hand the same website that runs Very Vanilla releases a REAL hack program for sale. FOR THE THREE SERVERS WE'RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE ON.

Is it really that hard to imagine why this is happening? Daybreak has NEVER acted logically in the past (just two months ago they had that are-we-owned-by-russians scandal) to assume that they will do what's in their companies best interest is dumb. They never have in the past. If I were Daybreak, I wouldn't be very happy right now about the Third Party Community. Which is evidenced by the fact that Daybreak didn't tell EQmule about that Third Party Programs post they made before it went live.

I hate to be the guy who says I told you so, but I called all of this happening back in January... I got involved & started supporting MQ2 because we were going 'legit' meaning no hacks & continuing with Very Vanilla. I said explicitly, multiple times, that the HACK version of MQ2 would create problems for us. Instead of removing the hacked version of MQ2 and the website that distributes it; Redguides starts supporting a different hacked version/selling it on Ectunnel for the three servers that don't even allow MQ2.

I'm not logging into EQ using Macroquest 2 for awhile because I am almost positive the next step is mass ban waves for people who use it. Daybreak has given us years to abide by their rules and we haven't. They said, hey we don't like these plugins that MQ2 uses, instead of removing them we designed a plugin that hides the fact that players use them (Mq2IC). Daybreak said they don't want people hacking/cheating on True box servers, what do we do? Literally help distribute a hack for sale for True Box servers on the RMT website that's still linked to Redguides.

It's not about the money anymore for Daybreak, it's about the fact that we don't fucking listen. They only need to ban a lot of people ONCE for them to get the message across. People will resub to the game, if they ban 10,000$ of players I bet at least 6,000$ comes back. With their poor track history of buisiness decisions are you all really so confident that they won't do something really fucking dumb like ban people? I'm not. That's for damn sure.

It isn't another version of mq2. We aren't the only people who can use IDA + can program.

That being said, ECTunnels should ban the sale of hacks/software for TLP servers.

It isn't another version of mq2. We aren't the only people who can use IDA + can program.

That being said, ECTunnels should ban the sale of hacks/software for TLP servers.

Agreed. It seems so obvious that I'm not even sure why this is a question.

I know that as a community we have an agreement with DBG that it is ok to use MQ2 while at the keyboard.

IMO what gives us a bad name are the AFK bot groups using MQ2 on live servers in static zones.

Is there perhaps a way to disable the AFK capability of MQ2 (e.g. remove the puller role, require a periodic check in the form
of a pop-up box, require to restart macros every X min/hours, etc.)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/using-3rd-party-software.240280/

Here's another thread I posted in discord. Specifically, I'm referring to the post

We don't provide a specific list of what is and what is not allowed. There are hundreds of third party applications running on gaming machines and it doesn't make sense to maintain one. What's important is we do not support unattended gameplay which means you must be at your PC playing at all times. An investigation by our GMs is on a case by case basis but as someone above mentions, it's usually pretty obvious.

That's as specific as we'll be on this topic.

Specifically, the part where it says "What's important is we do not support unattended gameplay which means you must be at your PC playing at all times." and that it's handled on a case by case basis.

New algorithm. That might just be code for "Let's play psyops and say we have a giant nuclear bomb when in reality we only have handguns"

In other words, their new algorithm might just be saying they have a new algorithm to scare people away from using it for fear of losing their accounts.

Personally, I'm not scared. I've been doing the same things for over 8 years without any issues and I will continue to do so and expect to go unhindered. If my style of play was causing issues I expect I would have got the boot a long time ago.

There's little $ (these days) and major headaches involved in selling something like that. I'm going to talk to Abyss.

We're also going to provide a way for folks with talent to play by the rules and make better $.

Re: New Daybreak Warning on 3rd Party &amp;amp;quot;Cheat&amp;amp;quot; Programs

My problem is they do it in /say instead of tell. The sound tells me which computer to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me what he said. I'm perma-banned from forums for calling their CS employees, "Ignorant and insulting."

- - - Updated - - -

That post was removed. And your language is unneccessary.

So my thoughts are running rampant.

When the dust settles, will MQ2:

Be Legal in a non spoken kind of way (not afk at keyboard)?
The "genie" is out of the bottle due to that thread to those who didn't know or care to know about it. There are many pros and cons to this, I guess. KUDOS to EQMule for trying to set people straight!

Be a cause for a ban hammer?
The agreement between daybreak and EQmule gets blown away? <~ Bad for everyone.

My perfect ending, is they leave vanilla alone and us whom us it in a non-afk sort of way (maybe even endorse it!). I Box 6 accounts. WHY, cause a lot of people either suck, have bad attitudes, don't want to do what I want to do. EVEN my friends I play with do not play as much as me, I can't sit around and wait for a group of people all day. I would seriously have to quit, if I couldn't play the way I do. It doesn't hurt anyone as I am mindful of when people are around.

This same thing happens once every few years. The dust settles and no one remembers anything and life continues. MQ2 will still be around because it's super stable, and there are plenty of people willing to work on it. EQ will still be around for a while -- they can't just shake their customer base.

you wont see people here being banned on this bs, we do not support active hacks in any way

Indeed, Daybreak's official words are, "Cheating bans are targeting those who are unfairly hacking the game in order to provide themselves with massive advantages that are not otherwise possible to gain."

Key words being, unfairly hacking, massive advantages.

However, before this announcement, Daybreak said Third Party Software was ok to use, (Phinigel FAQ/Agnarr FAQ).

Their stance has since changed, "Third party programs that automate play or provide an advantage that is not obtainable in-game are not acceptable to use." As Roxxly said in her post.

Roxxly also says to contact support if you have any more questions. I have talked to about a dozen people that petitioned support and asked for clarification and were told that ANY Third party Software can get you banned. Yes, ANY. Gina, Gameparse, Isboxer, Mq2 doesn't fucking matter. Installing new graphics drivers could probably get you banned if Daybreak wanted you banned.

Point is, doubt anyone in the MQ2 community is going to get banned from this but it's a step backwards for the company as a whole and a step in a worrisome direction for people who use Third Party Software. I know a few people who quit playing EQ cause of this announcement, I also have convinced a few other people who only used Isboxer to start using MQ2... cause if you can get banned for just using Isboxer why the fuck not use MQ2 too? A majority of the boxers I know use Isboxer because that's the one everyone knows won't get you banned. Now that Daybreak has basically said any Third Party Software can get you banned a lot more people I know are saying "fuck it!" and deciding to use MQ2. I guess the glass is half full or half empty depending on how you look at it.

I think it's more a matter of them wanting to not give explicit guidelines since both we and they know that people will take it right to the bleeding edge. What they've done now is basically posting signs that say, "enter at your peril"

I suppose I could force the issue and straight out ask if they like me to just shut down MQ2... let’s see what the business minded people over there has to say about that... it seems to me they want to eat the cake and have it at the same time and tbh it’s not exactly fair to our community to have to take this abuse when we contribute so much to their success...

I don't feel I am getting abused. I really don't see why we need to force the issue. DBG messed up with the original post on the forums AND let the back and forth mudslinging continue for weeks. I can understand that they were pissed about the active hack program on True Box, etc., but, as usual, they handled it poorly. I am still continuing with the 'you have to be at the keyboard' agreement, which is very fair. That, along with the general "don't be a dick" rule....

I have changed behavior. I'm much more likely to avoid other players now. I try to use instances wherever possible. I'm very careful not to AFK kill in public areas. (Except the occasional quick trip to the restroom!) And I no longer load MySEQ by default since I feel it's the closest thing to an "active hack" or "unfair advantage" that I use. Since I'm living on a middle population Live server and I don't farm chase loot in FM I feel pretty safe continuing to do my thing with Very Vanilla.

I have changed behavior. I'm much more likely to avoid other players now. I try to use instances wherever possible. I'm very careful not to AFK kill in public areas. (Except the occasional quick trip to the restroom!) And I no longer load MySEQ by default since I feel it's the closest thing to an "active hack" or "unfair advantage" that I use. Since I'm living on a middle population Live server and I don't farm chase loot in FM I feel pretty safe continuing to do my thing with Very Vanilla.

Myseq is just like opening the map.

My SEQ is less invasive than MQ2. MQ2 hooks function calls in the client and will detour them (even VeryVanilla), MySEQ is purely passive and only reads data from offsets.

I suppose I could force the issue and straight out ask if they like me to just shut down MQ2... let’s see what the business minded people over there has to say about that... it seems to me they want to eat the cake and have it at the same time and tbh it’s not exactly fair to our community to have to take this abuse when we contribute so much to their success...

If you asked Daybreak straight out, they'd either not answer or give you an answer you can't repeat publically I would assume.

I'm very upset by Daybreak's decision, I personally got involved in this whole thing because I wanted to make the community more accepting of Third Party Software. I wanted to show people that not everyone who used MQ2 did so in a negative way and I wanted to show people that using it couldn't get you banned. Due to this announcement by Daybreak, I feel like my goal is no longer able to be accomplished. I can NEVER convince someone new that MQ2 is ok to use now because they have posts by Roxxly explicitly stating that it isn't. I don't even think I could convince people to use Isboxer anymore, but that's irrelevant for us here... I am just mentioning it to display the difficulty of convincing someone how to use a program that was so obviously accepted for years and years before this announcement.

As I told Redbot, all Daybreak's announcement has done is made the atmosphere even more toxic for boxers. I'm more afraid of other people than I have ever been before because I don't know if they're going to report me for boxing now that they know ALL third party software "isn't allowed". There's been a war going on in EQ between boxers and non boxers for years and as you suggested, Daybreak likes to abuse the shit out of the boxers. With this announcement and 'change' to their policy it allows people to report boxers for using Third Party Software and feel like they did the right thing by getting them banned. Now the assholes that run around and report boxers/harrass them get to feel justified and virtuous for their behaviour.

The people who hate our community and hate boxers in general have been given the moral highground by Daybreak. I can only imagine the trouble we face from the other players is going to get worse and worse as time goes on. When you give someone the moral high ground, almost all behaviour no matter how terrible is justified.

Last edited:
I personally haven't logged into a live server since the announcement. I have just casually played on agnarr where I can't use mq2, because playing on live without it is not an option for me. I would love to know what DB would say to eqmule if he asked them straight up.

Personally, I don't see how someone boxing 3 characters is any different from 3 distinct humans playing 1 toon each. To anyone else, why should they care? I know I do not. If I entered a zone and saw a group camping a spot, I wouldn't bother to stop and watch them, let alone stand there examining their playstyle looking for boxers. Why do you care whether it is 1, 3, or 6 'real' people vs 2 or 3 boxers? I think the vigilantes are the jealous 'if I can't have it then nobody can' crew. They can't box well, or they can't afford multiple accounts or a computer that can play multiple instances of EQ. It's the same crap you have to deal with in real life. Assholes with nothing better to do, and a life so empty and void, that they have to try to make other people's lives just as crappy. Griefing others is their only reason for getting out of bed in the morning.

Even adding MQ2 to the mix. Why should you care? If my husband is sitting at his computer playing his character, or I have his account logged in and MQ is doing most of the work (and not as well as he does, by the way), why should anyone else care? We are still paying for the accounts and we are only doing the same crap that we would normally be doing if he was at the machine himself. Seriously, why do other people friggin' care?

i think a lot of it is that think its an advantage. there is a stigma associated with it. mq2 equates to cheating, ie warp, gank, run fast, stuff like that. even tho vanilla offers none of it, its still associated.

News - New Daybreak Warning on 3rd Party "Cheat" Programs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back