• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Daybreak Warning on 3rd Party "Cheat" Programs (1 Viewer)

An interesting post. My first thought is it's focused on the people on truebox servers. The EQ forums are rife with complains about people using auto-clickers, warping, etc for VP keys. Some of the changes in the patch notes were designed specifically to prevent some of these issues and the majority of the EQ forums blindly blame MQ for these problems.

But who knows...we'll have to see. For other live/tlp servers, I'd guess people who use warp, I've see it as much more prevalent than I thought it was.

if they was to take a stand and ban everybody using MQ2.. i honestly personally feel like it would completely kill the game. soo many people use it and have gotten used to it most wouldnt wanna play without it.. even those who only use like the map function and such.

if they was to take a stand and ban everybody using MQ2.. i honestly personally feel like it would completely kill the game. soo many people use it and have gotten used to it most wouldnt wanna play without it.. even those who only use like the map function and such.

Agree. Wouldn't play without it. The game is pushing 20 years old. To me the only real fun part is automation. I did the click buttons like a keyboard monkey thing back in 1999, not doing it now.

Interesting that the thread where they posted it isn't locked either. Oversight maybe? Already some replies...

im not gonna say mq2 users are the majority and we should be able to do what we want.. but long as we arent using active hacks or sitting on a named camp for 4 days with our toons while we are asleep or on vacation why bother us? lol

They could be referring to the hack programs being sold for TLPs. Have been seeing people warp a lot lately. One guy on Agnarr sits in POEA all day warping to traps to trigger them for named.

Yeah, I did Agnarr from Classic through PoP for fun and I followed all the rules there seeing as it was a TrueBox server, I used MySEQ only and never used any of the "unsanctioned" MQ2 builds that were out there. I respected the rules/agreements that were made. But for my live server without MQ2 I just won't play, and I'm one of the weirdos who is just happy to have 7 subbed accounts that I pay for on live every month using a credit card (not krono.)

This might also be on normal servers for people found afk farming. I am a guide for EQ, and the last I heard a GM has to physically verify you're cheating. This means he has to be in the same zone you are to verify you are cheating. So as long as you don't use those hard core cheats, like afk farming, and pretty much anything afk, and go passive when a GM enters the zone, you should be ok. This is for people who only use non invasive things of MQ. Like Twist, and maps. Things that are mostly client side. If packets are sent server side, they can catch you.

once again I will say this... this all sounds like TLP drama to me..... just saying.... if they say don't use it on your server then um, let me think... DON'T USE IT! you put us all at risk. Now we are all pointing fingers and watching for the sky to fall... well not me, I have a nice Red Umbrella that I trust to keep me warm and dry.

Last edited:
You're probably right Razkle. But I have some people in my guild who just got banned for afk farming. And I'm not on TLP. What I said above was just a caution. As long as you're not using invasive plugins, you probably have nothing to worry about. But if you read the article "Recently we greatly improved our algorithms for finding problem accounts, " that indicates they use software to find those accounts that use invasive plugins.

My cautions was just to be careful what you use, at least until we have a better grasp at what DBG is searching for. A little caution never hurt anyone.

Bring it on Daybreak! In the end, it will be their loss when they don't have any revenue from all of us quitting.

Yup. They'd lose my 5 accounts. If 1 of my main accounts got banned I'd probably sell the rest. EQ is fun, but I hate being screwed with. There's a lot of other games I've been wanting to try.

Well, whatever happens, DBG really set the trolls loose tonight. General chat on my server is so full of self-righteous folks. I honestly can't help laughing out loud.

I only use the Map and stick because I cant track for shit and I don't want Carpel tunnel syndrome. If I'm banned, then my addiction is cured. I can stop spending money on EQ and I can begin the life I should have started 20 years ago. :)

This is a scare. Nothing more. Like the police on tv saying we are cracking down on drugs and eventually we going to catch you. Proper use of mq is safe. Warping around chain zoning or trying to reload a stupid assvplugin from the grave like nodelay etc probably good way to get yourself banned. Maybe stay away from afk killing in static zones etc to be on the safe side. but thing like kissassist etc should pose very little if any risk. the amount of people left playing eq and the amount of mq users if everyone was to be busted game would be done. over. no more. just play safe and don't take stupid risks.

Side note. yes my spelling and punctuation are horrible. i was born to play eq. not be smart

If it is on our checklist on the updater, is that considered safe/non-invasive (assuming I don't AFK kill/skill up)? The map, nav, autolog in, and melee (stick, autoskills) are quality of life for me. Love those so much. I like KA too because at the very least it puts the name of the toons on each instance of EQ on my taskbar.

There has been a recent spread of people selling 'Hack' programs. They do the typically runspeed, EB, fall damage... simple stuff as well as in-zone warping. I'd guess this is the target. Maybe a focus on truebox botters, but doubt it.

I'd guess live MQ2 users who are not AFK will be fine.

News - New Daybreak Warning on 3rd Party "Cheat" Programs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back