• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - cldflt.sys causing BSOD (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,228¢
Hi all, I'm back at EQ after a break so went back to trusty redguides, I'm running kissassist on 4 toons, and I get random BSOD's saying it was cldflt.sys that was in error, I can also insta crash the system with the same BSOD if I try and run kissassist using EQBCS /bgt //mac kissassist, on my main assist character, anyone got any idea's as this is driving me nuts and nearly making it unplayable atm :(

have u tried a fresh install of mq2? are you 100% sure its mq cuaseing it cuase when i looked up the error it looks like a win 10 enterprise error,bad ram, or a bad hard drive, or a corrupt driver that was recently installed.

Only thing I can think is it has to be driver related somewhere... I'm running a new system, and only just installed my OS after buying a new NVmE drive, everything else has been work perfectly, it's only when running MQ2 and using it to box that these errors are occuring.

- - - Updated - - -

ok problem solves, disabled OneDrive, no more BSOD....

- - - Updated - - -

Further update, after 2 hours of plain sailing, that evil BSOD reared it's ugly head again... hmmmmm what next?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, next day, decided to do a reinstall of system and not have OneDrive preinstalled, clean install done, drivers up to date, only EQ on system and MQ2, ran macro's etc and noticed that MQ2autoloot wasn't working quite right, wasn't writing to my loot.ini, hmmmmm I thought, I did try and save time by copying my old MQ2 folder across as it had all my macro's in it, when I was digging I saw an ini file that referenced my old files as being on a OneDrive area... clean install of MQ2 and copied only macro's an ini's relevent to my toon's. MQ2autoloot now working perfectly and updating loot.ini.

Now I'm wondering if this was the cause of the error, only time will tell, will run an extended session today and see if I still get the BSOD, if not it appears to have been an issue with using OneDrive

Problem - cldflt.sys causing BSOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back