• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Map and text boxes (1 Viewer)

Cluelessone

RedCents
428¢
Whenever I have my map open, the text in vendors and my text boxes partially disappears. I like keeping my map open on my puller but it makes it near impossible to keep up with tells and other things going on.

Is this a known problem?

I am six boxing, windowed at 4k resolution with light graphics turned on. I have a pretty good system and video card. Turning the graphics effects off doesn't seem to help (I hate playing without them too.)

GPUZ shows that I am only using 30% of my graphics GPU and 3.3 GB (out of 8GB) of video memory.
System CPU is 20 - 30% (of 4.2GHz) and 60% memory used out of 16Gb (the graph below shows more due to all the other stuff I have open right now, normally it's under 60%)

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

This is a limit in the EQ client. It can only render so much text, so in highly populated zones the map takes it over. You can't really get around it unfortunately. You might try MySEQ to keep track of the zone instead.

This is a limit in the EQ client. It can only render so much text, so in highly populated zones the map takes it over. You can't really get around it unfortunately. You might try MySEQ to keep track of the zone instead.

How do I turn off all the garbage text? I know how to move filters around but whenever I click something off, the client turns it back on in the default text window. There just seems to be so much unwanted text streaming by that the default window is useless to try and read.

Ahh... it can only render so much text. It's not rendering anything in the textbox that's not showing (IIRC), so that won't help you. I'm not sure how mq2map renders text, but when you have it open with stuff showing, the vast majority of the text rendering is through that plugin. If you want to reduce the amount that's showing, start using
Rich (BB code):
/maphide
to remove things you don't want to see on the map.

Whenever I have my map open, the text in vendors and my text boxes partially disappears. I like keeping my map open on my puller but it makes it near impossible to keep up with tells and other things going on.

Is this a known problem?

I am six boxing, windowed at 4k resolution with light graphics turned on. I have a pretty good system and video card. Turning the graphics effects off doesn't seem to help (I hate playing without them too.)

GPUZ shows that I am only using 30% of my graphics GPU and 3.3 GB (out of 8GB) of video memory.
System CPU is 20 - 30% (of 4.2GHz) and 60% memory used out of 16Gb (the graph below shows more due to all the other stuff I have open right now, normally it's under 60%)

View attachment 14350
View attachment 14351

Just turn off labels when you are using a vendor or what not.

As they said, there is a limit to how much "draw" EQ can use when making texts. Once it hits the limit, some text just wont be rendered. All you can do is basically limit the amount of displayed text.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/24779-MQ2Map

By default I believe RG has a number of things on that you can turn off easily. For instance

/mapfilter named (it is a toggle, and will turn off displaying NPC names unless they are "named", typing it again will turn it back on)
/mapfilter corpse (toggles showing corpses)
/mapfilter ground (toggle, if you are in a zone that has a lot of groundspawn, helps to turn this off. Helps to have it on if you are "shiny" hunting)

What works best is turning what you can off (/mapfilter all) open your map, then zoom in to your area, then turn MQ2Map back on (/mapfilter all) This will limit the amount of text being displayed, as opposed to the entire zone. For instance, if you are using MQ2Map to track NPCs around you, zooming in until you are showing just your pull radius will help a lot.

You can also do, as jackstraw suggested, limiting NPC or PC labeling using EQ options.

And of course, there is the amount of char window text you have displayed at any given time. I generally have just 4 lines showing, unless general is getting lively or I am debugging. I have a "all chat goes here" window, a "all spell/melee spam goes here" window (that is usually closed unless I want to see whats going on) and a "roll/TS/environmental/emote" window, for left overs that sometime become important (quests) and of course MQ2 window and BC window. But then, I am also an information junkie and a modified player window showing all toon stats and more, which uses text as well.

Question - Map and text boxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back