• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Kaen01's 10 awesome step instructions for puller acting up. (1 Viewer)

kaen01

I am not a complete idiot!..some parts are missing
RedCents
29,429¢
Kaen01's 10 awesome step instructions for puller acting up.
  1. /bcaa //endmac
  2. /bcaa //plugin mq2nav unload
  3. /bcaa //plugin mq2nav
  4. Ensure MaxZrange is proper for your camp use height filters on map ingame to test.(ini setting)
  5. Check your pull settings: UseWayPointZ=0, PullWait=15, PullRadiusToUse=90, if they different from these, you dun goofed, change it back.
  6. PullLevel=0|0 make sure it fits the mob levels in your camp if you use it, if you dont use it dont change it set it to as shown here.
  7. PullPause=30|2 AWESOME FEATURE!, makes your puller rest every 30 mins for 2 mins, so he can be buffed and such. change the pulltime|resttime to fit your camp, if you dont want him to set it to PullPause=0
  8. Start your teams kissassist, and then your puller, imediately hit him with a /backoff, so he waits around for buffins. once team is done, /backoff and watch him pull.
  9. If he still dont want to pull proper, redo steps 1 2 3 and 8.
  10. If he still dont want to pull, you goofed up bad. and its not kissassist fault. its yours, figuer it out.

Awesome =) Also do you know why sometimes a puller will run past mobs and pull a further one and cause a train?

In the open it shouldn't do that, unless the mob it's pulling is a named and you have the Pullnamedfirst setting on. Try turning that off. If it's not a camp in the open, then your puller might be trying to pull something that's closer to you "as the crow flies," but is actually kind of a pain to get to (around walls, up or down stairs, etc.) and is agroing other mobs on the way.

see step 4.
and blame math, and how mq2nav maths the pathlenght to mobs.

Nothing to do with mq2nav its kissassist. Unless its changed kiss looks for a mob using radius then it uses mq2nav to pull it. It never considers pathlength when deciding to pull it.

Put this in sub pullval and it will ignore mobs where the pathlength > maxradius

| Check spawn for Pathlength
/if (${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Spawn[${PVPullMob}].ID}]}>${MaxRadius}) {
/return 0
}

Nothing to do with mq2nav its kissassist. Unless its changed kiss looks for a mob using radius then it uses mq2nav to pull it. It never considers pathlength when deciding to pull it.

Put this in sub pullval and it will ignore mobs where the pathlength > maxradius

| Check spawn for Pathlength
/if (${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Spawn[${PVPullMob}].ID}]}>${MaxRadius}) {
/return 0
}

I thought kiss was modified a long time ago to use path length to pull? A while back there was a huge series of discussions about that and people were sharing snippets (like you just did) on how to fix the issue.

I thought kiss was modified a long time ago to use path length to pull? A while back there was a huge series of discussions about that and people were sharing snippets (like you just did) on how to fix the issue.

Its supposed to but go try it in game once.

nah its how nav meshes works, where each vertex counts as some form of step, so depending on where you are standing right now and the mob is when the path length ias mathed out, it can change which mob seems close, you can test this out in south karana using mesh generator and using the testing tool.

also kiss checks if a valid mob is in range of your pull settings, then checks if a path exists to it using mq2nav, then creates an array of mobs with path and how long they are, and sort em so it takes the shortest one first.

so its all how mq2nav calculates these things and report it back.

Is there a target hotkey I could make that will report my target's z-axis location? I've got one for distance checks x/y for AE avoidance, but I'm stumped on one that will check z-axis so I can do better Pull settings in some camps.

use the the hight filtering in game, that is a good indicator of what is gonna be iwthin your z range for puilling.
if oyu set both to 50, thats and have maxzrange set to 50, thats what kissassist will try and pull then

Guide - Kaen01's 10 awesome step instructions for puller acting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back