• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Could KA pick next target based on aggro? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,520¢
So say I pull 3 mobs and my Area Taunt and blades trigger so they are all aggroed nicely on my tank, they all get mezzed and we set to work on the first one, all is good. Then a roamer shows up while we are fighting and my bard is struggling to mezz it (resists) so it just spends a while beating on my cleric or whatever. As I kill the first mob, the tank then sets to work on some other mob, but ignores the new one which is the only one on <100% aggro. If the tank could select the next target based on aggro, that might be good for situations like this which happen from time to time. Again, I'm a noob and I can't program so if this is too much to ask, disregard =)

Not as easy as you think. Chances are the mobs mezzed are aggro'd on you bard. Now you have to start checking if all mobs are mezd. If the aggro is on the mezzer or someone else.

Not really keep it simple stupid.

How about making 2 loops through your agro list? The first will check to see if any mob is unmezzed and select it for attacking. If no mobs are unmezzed, the second loop picks a mob from the mezed list.

Because you have to target a mob to test if it is mezed. So you would have to turn attack off first and if your using MQ2Melee, you have to disable it as well before switching targets. Then retarget the original mob. Plus while all that is going on, everyone in the group is testing if the MA has switched targets and switches targets.

do you guys make a mezz list of ids? or timers with id's? if its timers with the ID why not make a attack based on timer remaining? since the array is already built for the mezzing that way once the MA breaks the mezz the ID and timer are removed from the array. Just a thought.

Request - Could KA pick next target based on aggro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back