• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Total Noob Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
988¢
Hi all,

Complete computer noob / MacroQuest noob here...

I just installed MQ, and I'm wondering, how do I disable all the things I don't want that automatically came with the Very Vanilla Compile? For instance the added map stuff, added stuff to items, etc...I tried stopping macros but there are none running. Thanks in advance for helping out this noob!

Also, in the Bazaar macro, how do I exclude items from being searched for and marked down by the macro? Thanks again.

in game type /plugin list and then u can disable the ones u dont want by editing the macroquest.ini int he release folder or u can type /plugin mq2map unload for example but you would have to do it for each one that u dont want. but id edit the ini and reload mq2 for a faster approach.

You can load and unload the various plugins manually from in the game, or by editing the macroquest.ini like minnie said. If you right click the little Macroquest shield icon in your taskbar at the bottom right, one of the options there is INI File which saves you having to find the file yourself. And then scroll down to the plugins section and you can see all the ones that came as standard in there. You just turn the =1 part to =0 instead.

Also, in the Bazaar macro, how do I exclude items from being searched for and marked down by the macro? Thanks again.

I never considered that someone would want an item excluded from being altered in the bazaar.mac I figured if you didn't want an item added you would just take it out of the trader satchels. But I considered your question and can only say that currently, it's not an option to exclude an item, but there is an option to exclude another vendor by name.

/if (!${Ini[bazaar.ini,Excludes,ExcludeList].Length}) /ini bazaar.ini "Excludes" "ExcludeList" "name1,name2,name3,name4"

indicates that in the macro's folder you will find a file called bazaar.ini, should be right by the bazaar.mac file. The INI files are settings files where you can make adjustments.

So the file Bazaar.ini will have a section

[Excludes]
ExcludeList=name1,name2,name3,name4

Simply replace that with the vendors name for the item you are competing with that has some outlandish price to avoid trying to compete with them. IE:

[Excludes]
ExcludeList=Chatwiththisname,Maskoi,Redbot

Which will ignore the vendors Chatwiththisname, Maskoi, and Redbot on any item they are selling.

Alternately, each item stores values for minimum and maximum sell amounts.

[Elegant Defiant Leather Gloves]
SellPriceMin=100
SellPriceMax=150
BuyPriceMin=1
BuyPriceMax=1
VendorPrice=8pp 1gp 9sp 2cp

The amounts are in platinum. So if you set SellPriceMin=100 and SellPriceMax=150, then the macro will only adjust to a range of 100-150pp. This is your greatest tool in it's current state. But this means that you would have to have some set price in mind and set the min and the maximum to the same value. IE:
[Krono]
SellPriceMin=2000000
SellPriceMax=2000000

BuyPrice setting will only affect you if you are on blueside in buyer mode.

When time allows I will consider adding item exlusions to the bazaar.mac that is released with Redguides, as well as my Bazaar2.mac which I've made but has limited responses from test users (Though ones who have mentioned say there has been no issues with it).

I hope that points you in the right direction.

P.S. Your macros folder is located where you saved your copy of MQ2, so if it was on your desktop in a folder called MQ2 then it may look like

Rich (BB code):
C:\Users\UserNameOnComputer\Desktop\MQ2\Release\Macros

Question - Total Noob Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back