• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Odd group for power leveling (1 Viewer)

Cluelessone

RedCents
428¢
I think I need to add a few classes to my little group to fill in some voids:
  • Rogue = DPS and lockpicking
  • Mage = Pet, DPS and COH
  • Wizzy = M2Posse, ports and DPS

Being as I can't afford (don't want) to pay $35 each for Heroic. Anyone got some advice on getting them up to a level to group with my 106's the fastest and easiest way possible?

I think I need to add a few classes to my little group to fill in some voids:
  • Rogue = DPS and lockpicking
  • Mage = Pet, DPS and COH
  • Wizzy = M2Posse, ports and DPS

Being as I can't afford (don't want) to pay $35 each for Heroic. Anyone got some advice on getting them up to a level to group with my 106's the fastest and easiest way possible?

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/56808-How-do-you-level-1-75-Quickly

I am having a hard time finding it right now, but Raz posted a guide that uses a heroic pally (I know you didn't want to spend the money, but maybe its worth it to just spend it once instead of 3 times) to afk kill in Dragonscale Hills. You would go there once you hit around lvl 45-50ish. Prior to that it's traditional AE PL'ing by hauling your trio around. I recommend you add a forth account and use a bard just to help with the PL'ing process. I've done it without doing that and done it with, and I can tell you its MUCH faster with.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/56808-How-do-you-level-1-75-Quickly

I am having a hard time finding it right now, but Raz posted a guide that uses a heroic pally (I know you didn't want to spend the money, but maybe its worth it to just spend it once instead of 3 times) to afk kill in Dragonscale Hills. You would go there once you hit around lvl 45-50ish. Prior to that it's traditional AE PL'ing by hauling your trio around. I recommend you add a forth account and use a bard just to help with the PL'ing process. I've done it without doing that and done it with, and I can tell you its MUCH faster with.
What is the ratio in levels that can group together? I have several toons around the 50 - 80 range that can help them. not great geared but should be good for power leveling.

I *think* there's also some kind of instance thing in PoK that can be done... but that may be old info.

What is the ratio in levels that can group together? I have several toons around the 50 - 80 range that can help them. not great geared but should be good for power leveling.

I honestly completely forget the equation. I know a 76 can group with 105s. You can group 50 with an 85.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly completely forget the equation. I know a 76 can group with 105s. You can group 50 with an 85.

Hatching the Plan or something like that

As mentioned by Sum1, Raz's post on using a heroic Pally to do easy 59-75 PL. And another post about PL tips from last summer.

So you need to get them to 76 to group with 106's and share xp. Exp allowed level spread is roughly 1/3 the level of highest member or 30 levels, whichever is smaller. I can never remember the exact equation but it is available if you search the EQ/Zam forums.

Since you have a high lvl SK, you could look into pl'n via damage shield killing. This ignores level spread since the SK isn't in group. Group your 3 low levels, have the SK outside group. SK pulls trains but doesn't do any spell/melee dmg to mobs (equip a 0 dmg stein and no shield.) SK casts pure aggro AE spells and lets DS kill the mobs. If you load some AE spells on wizard (they get first one at lvl 2), they can hit all the mobs with that before they die. When the mobs drop, PL group should get all the exp. You can keep doing this until either the cleric/healer merc can't keep SK up, or the SK's self DS doesn't kill fast enough. At that point you could donate for a long lasting Mage or Druid DS. You can get them up to 45-60 doing this depending on your healing and DS output.

With DS pl'n you can do 1-40 in 1-2 hours, 40-60 in roughly 2-4 hours and 60+ it slows down but is still possible.

Last edited:
The equation is lower toon *1.5 +.5 round down with a max of 30.

So a level 50 would have to group with a 75 to get experience. A 51 would be 51 * .5 = 25.5 +.5 = 26 s could group with a 77.

Since a 60 you reach your max (60 *15 = 90) the 30 level licks in forever after that.

I frequently screw up the half levels so I might be off off there. Most people say * 1.5 + 1 but I find that only works on the half levels so I could be off 1 here I certain cases.

Easiest AE power leveling to date, get a character that can use the new Wurmslayer, DS it run around grabbing zone full of mobs, sit down have bard sing 1 go around of it's level 2 AE song and enjoy dumb exp while taking 0 damage. works from level 10-80ish (depending who is using the wurmslayer and their ac/avoidance.

For level difference of toon I always just do levelx1.5 to a max of 30 level spread. screw the half level crap and +1 just keep it stupid simple.

Do you have a bard? I used to DS PL using bard up to 55ish, then DS PL with SK the rest of the way until they could group with my mains. Bard DS song is great.

Discussion - Odd group for power leveling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back