• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - AA order (1 Viewer)

Cluelessone

RedCents
428¢
Is there a listing of recommended AA order for different classes? For instance is it better for a SK to take Armor of wisdom before combat stability and such? IE what is the best bang for the buck? Most interested in SK, Cleric and Enchanter. I am AAing them now and it is a bit touch and go, what can I get first to help them survive better?

I was trying to find ini files for MQ2AASpend a few weeks ago for similar reasons. Not too many of those available, but I did find lots of AA class advice on the main EQ boards.

• AA Priority for SK (2017)
  • Ench AA - Little advice at bottom (2016)
  • Cleric advice was mainly progression server related or other older AA that are now in auto-grant.

For tanks I'd recommend Shield Flash/Flash of Anger (Add to KA ini if new) - Shield Block - Physical Enhancement - Combat Stability - Combat Agility - Armor of Wisdom - Natural Durability - General Sturdiness - passive heal/lifetap boosts/procs - passive boosts to disc/defensive abilities - active boosts to disc/def - active boosts to heal/lifetap - aggro enhancements or abilities - passive dps boosts - active dps boosts - everything else.

Reaver's Bargain on SK's is also very good. Grab Thought Leech and you can recover from the endurance drain right away if you're still fighting the mob.

If your AC is on the very low side, combat agility is a better than stability. For puller's I'd also max Physical Enhancement - Combat Agility - aggro drop/rune/mend - then go back to adding to their DPS.

For everybody else I just picked their AA that boosted their main role, DPS/Heal/Support. Left the defensive stuff for last.

As a warrior i took anything defensive then any agro. Each lvl i maxed as i went. For an sk i would do similar.... defensives to up ac and hp or sturdiness (u have to survive). Then anything to better ur lifetaps dot taps or anything to gain life like leech effects (helps in sturdiness). Finally anything agro related once u can take the hits. When u tank go sword and board it will prolong ur tankiness. I know knights like to 2hs 0 but to get urself tanky that big shield says a lot (every point of ac goes to ur total ac not so in other armor slots).

- - - Updated - - -

Cleric aas for me were easy. Anything that said heal bettering then any that kept agro off. The rest were mostly useless like mitigation stuff were poshed to last.

- - - Updated - - -

Chanters anything dealing with mez and spell strengthening (casting thru stuns / interruptions). Then the others last.

Id prioritize and passive heal/leech healing from the SK over Natural Durability/General sturdiness.

This ^

Tends to save my SK more and more. I also went with CA/CS/AC and then Aggro AAs to make sure I could have limited refresh timers.

If you use your enchanter to pull, make sure you work on CA/CS/AC so they can take hits. After that: Dreary Deeds (use AA slow instead of spell slow), Illusions of Granduer, Phantasmal Opponent, and Beam of Slumber (Frontal AE mez with snare/root - game changer for later content) and then you can work the AAs that increase DOT damage, Synergy (esp with other caster. and nuke damage.

Question - AA order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back