• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - IF, IFME, NOTIF, NOTIFME (1 Viewer)

RedCents
38¢
I am having some trouble understanding, and subsequently locating, the basic syntax "parameters" for Vanilla KISS. WatchedSpell, condition, etc.

I understand holys/downs, and conditions would solicit similarly, but would prefer to K.I.S.S.. With that in mind, I do understand EQMule has his own KISS (which has conditions), and Maskoi does as well... but enjoyed the simplest form.

Example:
IF I have Spirit of Vesagran buffed THEN I want to pair my boxed Epic (Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah)

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Talisman of the Wulthan||Dual|Wulthan Focusing|MA
Buffs2=Ancient Alliance|MA
Buffs3=Visionary's Unity|Dual|Pack of Mirtuk
Buffs4=Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah|90|IFME|Spirit of Vesagran

.... I have been lost once it was updated to not include watchedspell definition. Can ALL syntax be applied to ALL sections, or just as prescribed? Should I just scrap my Vanilla and move to another version?

Looks like they've removed the IFME and related simple conditions. 11/2017 - ctaylor22's update in the 10.2.3 KA notes:

OK, just letting everyone know that if you are using the OLD if, notif, ifme, notifme tags. Start converting them over to the conditions, that are now available in Kiss. I will be removing the code that uses the if, notif, ifme, notifme tags in stages. The first stage will remove the core code that uses the tags, but not the logic for making sure shifting the tags around in the correct order. The final stage will be removing the remaining logic that shifts the tags around.

You have been notified.

I skimmed the Vanilla release KA code and there isn't any reference to "IFME" anymore.

Conditions, very much like holy/downs, are your best option. If you've done holys/downs, you're ahead of the curve. Here are a couple posts from when they started them - TreeHugginDruid's first explanation - VorpalChicken's guide on conditions

I'd suggest this 2 setting over 1, as it lets you have everything in one ini file instead of two files.
Rich (BB code):
ConditionsOn=2

Question - IF, IFME, NOTIF, NOTIFME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back